"Anyone who's got siblings, you love them to death but you compete that hard to try and beat them and it's going to be the same on the weekend," Hodge said. Boss of the Geelong Falcons Michael Turner reveals that he had some stern words with a then 17-year old Luke Hodge who he feared would not make the most of his talents. "I'm 33, I'm not here to play my best football, I'm here to try and make guys 19, 20 and 21 develop and improve in their football.". Luke Hodge says he is still undecided about his future beyond 2017. "We go over to West Coast in round two, and that's probably too big of a ground to come back on, so more likely would be [round] three or four.". We know how we work best as a group," Hodge said. Hawthorn captain Luke Hodge has endorsed young midfielder Liam Shiels as a candidate to succeed him as skipper if he continues to lead the Hawks until his playing days are finished. "I'll be part of the Lions next year, in what way, who knows.". Marc Murphy is set to miss a month with a fractured cheekbone after a collision with Hawk Luke Hodge. "I was fortunate enough to play in teams with the likes of Jason Dunstall, John Platten, Gary Ayres, Darren Jarman and Chris Langford in my time at Hawthorn," Crawford said.

12 oz. "He should be running before the end of the year, so he'll just need to take it a little bit slowly. Hawthorn will be without skipper Luke Hodge for at least the next month after he had surgery to repair the broken right arm he suffered in the loss to Geelong on Easter Monday. "I'm just rapt to be the vice-captain to Sammy.

He's tried for the best part of a month to carry this injury and he's just been below his best.".

We've got one of the greatest captains probably ever to play the game and he's an absolute warrior. We have only got one, so he will still swing around a bit. Luke Hodge says his friendship with Jarryd Roughead led to him choosing the No.2 jumper at the Brisbane Lions. Hawthorn vice-captain Luke Hodge has signed a three-year extension to his contract with the Hawks. But we want to get him totally right for the second half of the season which is pretty important for us to build as many wins as we can," Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson said. He includes a towering elevation as he methods six feet as soon as inch tall. Luke Hodges married Francis Beal Smith and had 1 child.

"I'm sure there are players in our group that think that 'Hodgey' should be captain," Mitchell said. Gathered from those who lived during the same time period, were born in the same place, or who have a family name in common. Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson plays down concerns that the side will be without Luke Hodge for the first five rounds of the AFL season, saying the Hawks skipper is a chance to play in round one. "Maybe through the midfield and forward. At this stage, I've been training a lot more in the midfield," Hodge said of his likely role. "We are keen to explore the possibility of Luke playing for our club with his manager in the coming days," Lions general manager of football David Noble said. Retired Hawthorn great Shane Crawford says his former teammate Luke Hodge is the most inspirational player he has played alongside. He weighed 8 lbs. Hodge was set to become a free agent at the end of next season after re-signing with the Hawks for 2014 in April. Luke Hodge admits to rushing himself for round one last year and says he won't make the same mistake again in 2013. "He said, 'You need to take the emotional decision out of it. So, I can see her point.". We're happy with his progress.". "I've had the opportunity to see him grow and develop as a leader and there is no better person to lead our club in 2017. "Do they go in and get the ball as you have been taught since you were five or six, or do you stand back and let someone else do it and then you get a free kick because they make contact below the knees?

But it's great having some really strong leadership back there.". Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson says star Luke Hodge may miss another three games due to an adductor strain. He may not coach beyond his time at Brisbane, but the important thing is he'll know.

The time frame on Luke Hodge's return remains unclear with the skipper likely to undergo more scans. "I can't really complain, missing half a season of football, when you look at the injuries that some of my teammates have had in the past," Hodge said.