You just need to cook clever and get creative! Choose the type of message you'd like to post. Cheese (1) Beef (2) Dairy (2) Fish (1) Herbs and Spices (13) Lamb (1) … . How do I thicken the sauce? I love your recipes, always a hit in our house . If you only have full salt beef stock, then follow the recipe in Note 5 (in the same skillet) and use only 1/3 cup of beef broth and add 1/3 cup of water in place of the beef broth int he recipe. Add cream and pepper, stir, then simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until it thickens (do not let it boil rapidly). 3. Heat through, but don't allow the peppercorn sauce to boil. I also def needed more than 2 mins for Med rare…mine was still breathing so had to cook it up a bit more. Finally, add the cream and reduce the heat to medium. Making Green Peppercorn Cream Sauce Heat the butter and chop the shallots. Check the sauce is seasoned to your liking before serving with steak. My sauce was a bit thin, but I think because I used half & half, I thickened it using cornstarch. 13 Recipes Filter. 6. Place 1 tablespoon … Add the brandy and boil for another 3 minutes. Stir the cream into the sauce and allow it to thicken slightly. Pour the wine into the pan, turn up the heat and boil rapidly until reduced by half. Use a decent quality steak for this recipe. Carnitas (Mexican Slow Cooker Pulled Pork). Required fields are marked *. 1. – Nagi x, PS It’s worth getting a decent steak for this one. Remove, set aside, proceed with steak. There are such a range of pepper sauce recipes to choose from whether you are looking for a bold pepper sauce for steak or a mild peppercorn sauce for fish. Transfer steaks to warmed serving plates. FOUR!!! Just before cooking, sprinkle both sides of steak generously with salt and black pepper. 2. This was delicious! Add beef stock and boil another 3 minutes. I love hearing how you went with my recipes! 2. Mandatory post op daily icing involves building blocks, frozen veg and Dozer with his eyes closed the whole time – “OMG it’s so cold, it’s so cold, it’s soooo cooold!!!”. Add brandy or cognac into the same skillet and let it simmer rapidly, scraping the bottom of the pan, … A steakhouse classic, this creamy pepper sauce with juicy steak is a match made in heaven. There are a handful of truly great sauces in this world that are deceptively simple to make, and this creamy pepper sauce for steak is one of them. If using a very economical steak, I'd recommend my. Crush the peppercorns slightly, either using a mortar and pestle or a rolling pin. I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if you’re short on time and cost conscious. Email to a friend. Stack the steaks on top of each other, then use tongs to sear the fat strip. Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates. Add steaks and cook the first side for 2 minutes until it has a great crust, then flip and cook the other side for 2 minutes (for medium rare). Hungry for more? Choose the type of message you'd like to post. The sauce will end up too salty because it's reduced down. Little pops of heat tempered by the sweetness and creaminess of the sauce. Once the sauce is at your desired thickness, test for seasoning. Tag me on Instagram at. Your email address will not be published. N x, Hi can I use beef cubes instead of broth as I cannot seem to find a suitable for vegetarians beef broth anywhere i can only find the cubes if I can use cubes how many do I put in the sauce I also do not drink alcohol I will add water to the sauce as mentioned thank you, Ok so I’m not a huge cooker of steak as I always overcook so thought I’d give this a crack…well I nearly burnt my kitchen down when adding the brandy to the pan…tried to follow the instructions but it didn’t say to reduce the heat so not sure what I did wrong. Taste sauce, adjust salt (and pepper!) Serve it up with Crispy Smashed Potatoes or Paris Mash and a quick Garlic Spinach side for a true Steakhouse experience! If you’re interested in a lower calorie, lower fat version of this sauce then have a look at my recipe for Peppercorn Sauce… with a healthy makeover. 300g/10oz New York Strip / Porterhouse steaks, (or canned green peppercorns, drained) (Note 4). I didn’t have brandy or cream to hand so I substituted sherry and sour cream and it turned out amazingly regardless! Your email address will not be published. Add the shallots and saute until soft, about 3 minutes. This sauce can be prepared in advance and then reheated just before serving. Garlic Spinach or Silverbeet: Heat olive oil in a skillet, add garlic, cook for 20 seconds, add spinach and stir until just starting to wilt. I have a dry and a sweet marsala….which one do you recommend for this recipe tonight? Share on facebook. Add broth, bring to simmer and let it simmer rapidly for 2 to 3 minutes or until it reduces by half. I also didn’t have reduced salt stock so tried following the steps with the onion etc but found it was then too lumpy rather than a sauce…think this just tells me to not bother with steak- although sounds easy I seem to struggle and the fire in the pan was a little scary….sauce flavour itself was nice….I also trie the potato smash but that didn’t work…potatoes too big and all broke, the spinach well that’s was just too much garlic…overall I was shattered but think it had to do with me rather than the recipe although would like to understand the right level of heat before adding brandy…was terrifying…. Creamy Peppercorn Sauce was always my first choice at steakhouses which I frequented quite regularly back in my corporate days. Serve immediately! Spoon over sauce. 4. 2 to 3 tablespoons peppercorns 60g butter 1 shallot, minced 100ml brandy … Do I add flour? This simple peppercorn sauce is packed with flavour and is a must-have when serving up steak. Hello Fresh special offerGet 50% off your first recipe box, then 35% off the next three. Canned green peppercorns are not as spicy and have a milder flavour. I make my steaks at home! If you get a really good value economy steak, try my Steak Marinade instead – it will tenderise and add subtle flavour.