Shows resources that can work for all subjects areas, Everyone has their favorite Eric Carle books they want to share with their students; so this is the perfect way to mix and match the books that work best for you. The gameboard contains the following animals.1. This is the first week of my Eric Carle author study. NRICH team work in a wide range of capacities, including providing professional development for teachers wishing to This concept set the stage perfectly for our math game. You're out sick or there's an emergency and you need a full day's worth of lesson plans and activities! Early Years Foundation Stage; US Kindergarten. It includes 40 educational projects and 20 printables including a set of build-your-own 3D shape blocks, engineering challenge cards and a range of math games. It contains the animals from the book. I've included 30 pages of fun: -Adapted Version of 10 Little Rubber Ducks -Rubber Duck Manipulative with numbers 1-10 -8 "WH" questions, with visual multiple choice answers Lesson plan Before doing this activity we read 1o Little Rubber Ducks. These emergency lesson plans will get your sub through an entire day - no worries for you! Math Activities For Kids Preschool Books Math For Kids Book Activities Counting Activities For this one, children get ten ducks and add the eye and the red beak. This will vary based on the child. Toddler Approved– The Educators’ Spin On It– Rainy Day Mum– 3 Dinosaurs– Learn~Play~Imagine – Crafty Moms Share – Reading Confetti–Inspiration Laboratories – Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas – Kids Yoga Stories – Enchanted Homeschooling Mom– Ready-Set-Read – Boy Mama Teacher Mama – PlayDrMom – Fantastic Fun and Learning – Growing Book by Book– Royal Baloo – The Outlaw Mom® Blog – Kitchen Counter Chronicles – Teach Preschool – Mama Smiles – Coffe Cups and Crayons – Juggling With Kids – Here Come the Girls. There are 3 days of activities that include a whole group and small group activity for each day, plus a student favorite whole group activity that can be done every day. Ordinal Numbers! Because I wanted to keep the ducks contained during our activity I also used a large glass baking sheet. Filed Under: Book Related Activities, Kindergarten, Letter D, Math, Preschool, Virtual Book Club for Kids Tagged With: addition, ducks. *Char, Eric Carle is one of my favorite children's authors so of course I love to cover as many books of his as I can in my classroom. A perfect complement to the picture book. It's not only a fun tale, you can also review sea animals, directions and ordinal numbers. 10 2. dolphin 3. seal 4. polar bear 5. flamingo 6. pelican 7. turtle 8.octopus 9. seagull 10. whale, This resource is a combination of an informational text on ducks and a literature text by Eric Carle, 10 Rubber Ducks. To set up the game I gathered one blue glitter foam sheet, a tan foam sheet, and ten small rubber duck party favors. Inflatable pool or 10 LITTLE RUBBER DUCKS ADAPTED book, "wh" questions, bw printable book, 10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle Sequencing Text Activity, 10 Little Rubber Ducks Math Collection | Grades PreK-1, 10 Little rubber Ducks Eric Carle-Tic Tac Toe Bingo Game Cards, 10 Little Rubber Ducks Eric Carle-Animal Headbands, Eric Carle 10 Little Rubber Ducks Headbands, 10 Little Rubber Ducks Cut & Paste Minibook, 10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle--Concentration/Memory Cards, 10 Little Rubber Ducks-Close Reading on Ducks - Informational and Literature, 10 Little Rubber Ducks Reading Extension Activity, 10 Little Rubber Ducks Lesson Plans and Activities, Distance Learning: 10 Little Rubber Ducks Yoga & Movement Pose Cards, Distance Learning: Eric Carle BUNDLE -- Yoga Pose & Movement Cards, 10 Little Rubber Ducks (Eric Carle) Lesson Plan, Ordinal Numbers Ten Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle worksheet, Ten Little Rubber Ducks - Book Companion/Extension Activities, Eric Carle Author Study {Crafts, Chart Parts, Printables, Activities & More}. Before doing this activity we read 1o Little Rubber Ducks. This month the Virtual Book Club for Kids is sharing activities to go along with books by Eric Carle. Cut it out next and staple the headband. Activities target: vocabulary, categorizing, action words, following directions, comparatives & superlatives, comparing, yes/no questions, wh-questions, sequencing & sequencing concepts, adjectives, d, This unit is over 300 pages filled with everything you need to explore the wonderful books of Eric Carle! One drifts west, where a friendly dolphin jumps over it. Please link up your Eric Carle inspired posts to the blog hop linky below. It’s full of engaging and powerful learning opportunities in math and science, shared through ideas that incorporate art, play, sensory learning and discovery, for a whole-brain approach. What age range would be appropriate for playing the rubber duck math game? We were inspired to create this fun math game for preschoolers and kindergarteners. A whale sings to another. Also included in: Distance Learning: Eric Carle BUNDLE -- Yoga Pose & Movement Cards. *What We Can Do Because of You Small readers and listeners will empathize with the little duck's plight--and will rejoice at the heartwarming surprise ending. This content may contain affiliate links. Preparation. Yoga is a wonderful activity for young children (see benefits below) and it's something the whole family can do together -- even if you have absolutely no experience with yoga. Students first color the animal they receive (in any colors), then write the missing words in blanks (the action of the animal). This post has been shared at some of these fantastic link parties. {Take a peek at the preview to see what is included!} Both color and black versions are included. Now that we’ve shared our activity with you, we’re excited to see what you came up with! The packet includes all of the animals from the book.1. Here are five number recognition activities you can do with your classroom that are full of fun and learning! *Eric Carle Tree Map & Sticky Notes Read the book over and over to help the children get used to hearing ordinal numbers. -Rubber Duck Manipulative with numbers 1-10 by Eric Carle. I love the glitter foam I wonder if we can get it over here, Your email address will not be published. Use rubber ducks to practice addition in this math game to go along with 10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle. Below is the author list for the upcoming year. shouts the captain, as a giant wave washes a box of 10 little rubber ducks off his cargo ship and into the sea. -Eric Carle's 10 Little Rubber DucksWhat's included:* Simplified story - 12 colored & 12 B/W pages * Receptive identification activities - 10 colored & 10 B/W pages * Discussion/comprehension questions (6) * Parent letterThe story is designe, Oh no! Generally I’d say this would be an activity for kids ages 4 to 6 who are able to count sets to 10 and able to identify more and less. In the story ten ducks go overboard and find adventure out in the ocean. - A Book Companion, Firefly Speech and Language by Beth Caruso, Sub Saver! The NRICH Project aims to enrich the mathematical experiences of all learners. Playful Science and Math Activities is designed to bring hands-on fun to math and science play. The book , “10 Little Rubber Ducks,” by Eric Carle is beloved by children all around the World, and at Sunshine and Rainbows Learning Center in Joliet, Illinois they did a number of fun activities with their own little rubber ducks inspired by the book!. One thing I reall. 10 activities for "Ten Little Rubber Ducks" (Eric Carle) Planning an Eric Carle unit in your classroom? shouts the captain, as a giant wave washes a box of 10 little rubber ducks off his cargo ship and into the sea. Here's what you get: Mark your calendars so you can join in and read along with us! I've included 30 pages of fun: -Adapted Version of 10 Little Rubber Ducks -Rubber Duck Manipulative with numbers 1-10 -8 "WH" questions, with visual multiple choice answers One drifts west, where a friendly dolphin jumps over it. The ducks are swept away in various directions. We have included: *WOW words *Questions (text-dependent and a BIG thinking question) *Lots of writing options with several formats *Duck Party -Shared reading book -Take-home versio, The game board is based on Eric Carle's book "10 Little Rubber Ducks". Stop by and check out some of the other blogs that participate in The Virtual Book Club for Kids. Y, Your young ones get to make a cute tortoise after reading "10 Little Rubber Duck" sby Eric Carle. Visit other blog posts on the linky and comment on or share the ones you love. Then I set the tan sheet down into the glass baking sheet and placed the blue sheet on top so that they overlapped a bit. Learn more about Fizz, Pop, Bang! Mat is 3X4 and includes "Start" plus 11 squares to retell Eric Carle's story 10 Little Rubber Ducks. Thank. All rights reserved. embed rich mathematical tasks into everyday classroom practice. It includes 10 rubber ducks and the animals plus the sun from the book. The ducks are swept away in various directions. Animals headbands from 10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle. or you can buy it now! source: The blog Adventures in Reading With Kids had a lot of great duck ideas. You can choose to make a smaller size rubber duck (all the parts in one letter size) or a larger one. -Classroom Te, 10 Little Rubber Ducks, By Eric Carle, is a book which incorporates animals, numbers, number order and simple problem solving. There are so many books to choose so there are sure to be some terrific activities shared.