I live in Florida, Pinellas County, to be exact. I … This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. She ate some candy this weekend and today she is shaking and looks like she is in pain, Hi, my sister's two dogs got into rat poison. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around.

Born for Pets is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. Thank you so much for taking your time and knowledge to support my concerns. Change in color of the mucus membranes - they may be pale or inflamed and red.

eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'bornforpets_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_8',125,'0','0']));If possible, you should look to keep your dog safe from salamanders, but it’s not always easy to do so. Dogs with salamander poisoning generally recover quickly. The tiger salamander (Ambystoma tigrinum) is a land-dwelling amphibian that returns to the water to breed.

George and I are so happy that I found "JustAnswer" on my Google search -- you are now in my "Favorites" list! If you know it wasn't a poisonous lizard give plenty of access to water and maybe switch to a bland diet (boiled chicken and white rice) to help settle the stomach. Thank you for all your help. Treatment methods will vary depending on a variety of factors, including how quickly the condition was diagnosed and the severity of symptoms. Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions. Here are some repercussions your dog could face and what you should do about them.

The reasons can include:

I intend to get him to a vet, but wonder jut how, We are new to the USA and live in New Orleans - I think my dachshund ate a salamander or something we don't know the exact names of all the little creatures here - but she was foaming at the mouth. I have a dog (female. For information about the California Newt. Here are additional things to think about with dogs at home – how to stop dogs from biting into puppy pads, how to get a dog to eat more, how to help a dog that ate plastic, and how to help a dog drink more water. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. However, they are dangerous only if ingested, and can be safely kept as pets.

This does not necessarily mean the dog has been poisoned. 20+ yrs exp. Posts are for general information, are not intended to substitute for informed professional advice (medical, legal, veterinary, financial, etc. A 3% solution is most effective. My kids love nature and, now that it is summer, they have discovered a whole new world of fun in the local ponds and waterways. More than 30 years of companion animal practice. Do you know her weight? Plus, it is better for your house as well! He will not eat nor drink. We figured that he must have been poisoned by the newt. She throws up every once in a while. My dog is being treated for and recovering from salmon poisoning. 208 Breeds, 422 Health Conditions  |  Find a Vet. Because daylilies aren't toxic to dogs, your pup won't show any symptoms if they lick or ingest any part of the plant. Most lizards are going to come through gaps in the wall, which is why it’s best to repair them as soon as you find them. I think she ate the whole thing.

eats or licks the slime, blood, or flesh (raw or partially cooked) of the fish or salamander. A yorkie that weighs less than 10 pounds, a mixed breed that weighs between 10 to 15lbs, a beagle mix that weighs around 25lbs, and an Australian Shepard that weighs around 60 lbs. Thank you for all your help. She keeps just prowling. Teach her a solid “ leave it ” cue and be extra-careful with puppies or dogs with high prey drive. The Cane Toad is also common as an introduced species across much of the neotropics, from Fiji to Cuba. What should I do? If there are salamanders in the yard, it’s best to stop the dog from going outside using a dog gate.

That bird your dog munched on was once a living creature that could have possibly carried some diseases. Once you’re at the vet’s, your veterinarian may conduct a urinalysis (which may show high levels of potassium), give your dog a basic physical, and look at an electrocardiogram (ECG).

My 13 month old puppy ate a dead salamander before I could get it out of her mouth. March 31, 2013 at 9:38PM  Sign In or Join to Comment, © 2009-2020 Wiki-Pet.com - All Rights Reserved. Build V2.2 10-24-2011, By: BizLab Web Development, ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at 1-888-426-4435 (fee), Angell Animal Poison Control Hotline 1-877-226-4355, Animal Poison Hotline operated by the North Shore Animal League and PROSAR International Animal Poison Control Center at 1-888-232-8870.

She weighs about 8 pounds. They really helped put my nerves at ease.