This happens when a business is using Active Directory. If i check AD using the cjwdev tool the photos are also blank there. Select the subscription (if you have more than one) and then select Add/Remove licenses to delete the license so you don't pay for it until you hire another person. Since our migration will happen very soon for all our users, I believe the first thing that I should do is to Disable users from uploading photos by doing your suggestion of (1) editing the default OWA mailbox To learn how to place a hold on a mailbox, see Manage inactive mailboxes in Exchange Online. Our users can access their mailbox from their Desktop by launching Outlook or via Outlook Web App. Delete a User Account: Use these instructions if your business uses Active Directory that is synchronizing with Azure AD. The Microsoft 365 Admin mobile app lets you view settings and perform core tasks. To see the return types, which are also known as output types, that this cmdlet accepts, see Cmdlet Input and Output Types. Both need the account to anchor the forwarding or shared mailbox. For example: The IgnoreDefaultScope switch tells the command to ignore the default recipient scope setting for the Exchange Management Shell session and to use the entire forest as the scope. In the admin center, go to the Users > Active users page. If the user is in Outlook on the web, just clicking around in their mailbox, they may not be kicked out immediately. Vasil Michev . Administrators use the Set-UserPhoto cmdlet to configure user photos. Use. For example, if a user uploads a photo in Outlook on the web Options to preview before saving it. If you have email as part of your Microsoft 365 subscription, you need to sign in to the Exchange admin center to follow these steps to block your former employee from accessing their email. To continue this discussion, please This thread is locked. Currently, we are on Exchange Online and we control the AD (Dirsync). Usually this is the technical support in your school or business. A preview photo is the photo object that is uploaded to the user's account, but isn't saved. Here's information about how to get an employee out of email (Exchange). If you're setting up email forwarding or a shared mailbox, at the end, don't delete the former employee's account. and force to open a new session, Terminate a session and block access to future sessions (for all protocols). Track users' IT needs, easily, and with only the features you need. For more information, see Calling policies in Microsoft Teams. For example, (in the Exchange admin center or using PowerShell): Terminate the session for a particular protocol (such as ActiveSync). You can assign it to another user. Select the names of the users that you want to delete, and in the Bulk actions pane, choose Delete users. The cmdlet Get-OwaMailboxPolicy | Set-OwaMailboxPolicy -SetPhotoEnabled $false, can I apply this to let's say a couple of users first before attempting to apply this rule to all? Thank you for the information. On the Products tab, select the subscription that you want to remove licenses for. When you remove a license, you can assign it to someone else. (Don't send it to them.). The DomainController parameter specifies the domain controller that's used by this cmdlet to read data from or write data to Active Directory. However, we recommend completing all of the additional steps listed here to ensure the employee doesn't have access to your company's data. Otherwise, you'll get an error message saying the user photo doesn't exist for the specified user. If you want, you can also block the entire photo field there, so they are not confused by having the option and not ask a new question. You can use this switch to view the changes that would occur without actually applying those changes. If you've converted the account to a shared mailbox you can Stop paying for the license. Each step is explained in detail in this article. Although this topic lists all parameters for the cmdlet, you may not have access to some parameters if they're not included in the permissions assigned to you. If you choose not to delete the license from your subscription, you can assign it to another user. This one is based on personal experience of last few weeks when I was doing our local Active Directory integration with Office 365 and Azure AD. For instructions, see Delete a User Account. I would really appreciate Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. Later when you go through the steps to add another person to your business, you'll be prompted to buy a license at the same time, with just one step! Is there any way to blanket reset everyones office 365 photo / thumbnail, back to the default coloured circles with the letters in? in this way, we don’t need to sign in to each user’s office 365 account page. Both of these will cause that error. Great! I will give this a try at work and let you know. Select Block the user from signing in, and then select Save. the Photo Profile. In the My accounts window, click your user photo or placeholder again. Here are the most common issues people encounter when deleting a user: You get an error message along the lines of "User cannot be deleted. You need to be a global administrator to initiate sign-out. Select the names of the users that you want to delete, select More options (...), and then choose Delete user. Keeps things clean. The only problem there might be with the rather small size that it allows, so if you are not fine with that limitation In the Remove licenses pane, under New quantity, in the Total licenses box, enter the total number of licenses that you want for this subscription. This example shows how to use two commands to upload and save a preview photo to Ann Beebe's user account. I'm trying to apply and remove the picture of one user just to test if the cmdlet will work. When you remove the license, all that user's data is held for 30 days. EBS Computer Services is an IT service provider. Our current dilemma is regarding Find the permissions required to run any Exchange cmdlet, Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Server 2016, Exchange Server 2019, Exchange Online, Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Server 2016, Exchange Server 2019, Exchange Server 2016, Exchange Server 2019, Exchange Online. The Confirm switch specifies whether to show or hide the confirmation prompt. To delete the photo that's currently associated with a user's account, use the Remove-UserPhoto cmdlet. How do i remove the photos from showing in the webmail people view? Select the name of the employee that you want to block, and then select the, In the Exchange admin center, navigate to, Select the name of the employee that you want to block, and under the user's name, select the symbol for, Clear the check boxes for the license(s) you want to remove, and then select. The next one that you suggested to disable users from uploading photos, you said to also (1) edit the default OWA mailbox policy? Reply. You don't need to specify a value with this switch. Thanks for marking this as the answer.