You are speaking my thoughts (except forEduardo Verástegui, whom I don't know! Extraordinary performance as Gabrielle (Gabby) Van Der Mal and Sister Luke.. 80% of this movie Audrey Hepburn wore a Nun’s Habit -- wide sleeve tunic, belt, scapular, … If you want to get notifications from 123Movies about new qualities and episodes follow the instructions below. I think this beginning scene of why she enters the convent was in the movie originally then was cut for some reason.

Doesn't date in its brilliant content. 4.5 / 5 stars 81% 93%. 4.5 / 5 stars 81% 93%. I loved watching her go through the steps of becoming a nun and how difficult the discipline and obedience were for her. Don't miss out your favorite series! An Affair to remember (another of my favorites), because in nowadays movies, there is no mystery to love any more... ("Mystery" in a positive way, like a holy secret). Audrey Hepburn is divine as Sister Luke, the principal character, who struggles for perfection and purity, and observes the rules of the Convent to the letter, and Peter Finch is once again superlative as Dr Fortunati, a skilled surgeon who greatly admires her for her supreme nursing skills, but maintains that she is not cut out for a life of self denial in a convent. ), Exactly, and that's why they cannot make true romantic movies any more, like e.g. Alerts will be sent to your email: Here you can customize the appearance of subtitles. Seeing this movie again reminds me of my battle whether or not to stay as a "prisoner of love", devoting my entire existence to my loving God.

Brilliant, well written screenplay derived faithfully from the original novel. I saw this movie when I was a very young girl, probably in junior high. 1959 149 min NR (Not Rated) Drama Feature Film. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 1, 2019. I think the movie is very well done and the story is very realistic and true to life in the convent during that era.

All our servers are currently overloaded. The Nun's Story is no exception to that rule!

I shall always remember this wonderful story that is based on fact of a nun, very well qualified in medicine who is sent to the missions by her order and finally is ordered to work with an arrogant, wonderful doctor, who takes her as his assistant. The ending was somewhat expected, but well done- especially the last scene.

This device does not support web-push notifications. Good, solid movie . I'm sure it will be the late actress's signature film. Featured News.

It has received poor reviews from critics and viewers, who have given it an IMDb score of 7.6. .

Reviewed in the United States on April 11, 2020. Add to Favorites to get notifications right now! I had it on VHS which is in faded condition now so I'm ordering the DVD and look forward to the greater depth of color. Let's come to the movie to find the answer, 28 September 1916, South Kensington, London, England, UK, 8 February 1888, Pimlico, London, England, UK, 22 December 1907, Croydon, Surrey, England, UK, 7 November 1903, Columbus Grove, Ohio, USA, 25 January 1901, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, 2 August 1914, Old Westbury, New York, USA, 24 April 1914, Perth Amboy, New Jersey, USA, 29 April 1907, Rzeszów, Galicia, Austria-Hungary, Subscribe to mailing list to receive updates. Pay attention, as there are minor details in the early movie that build into critical parts of the puzzle. 5 stars for the incredible and unique movie The Nun's Story.. 5 stars for incomparable Audrey Hepburn. 4.5 / 5 stars 81% 93%. Later: I'm happy to report that this film is beautifully restored and the DVD is lovely. Some films are Classics in every respect and this is one such film.

Reviewed in the United States on July 18, 2013.

I felt truly loved and accepted by my fellow sisters, but began to feel that this life was not meant for me after 3 years. Link your DIRECTV account toMovies Anywhereto enjoy your digital collection in one place. A look into the lives of self sacrificing servants of God. I don't think there is an actress who could have played this role better, having seen some of the same things in her own childhood, and also a friend of the Belgian ex-nun, Marie-Louise Habet, on whose life the story revolves. 5 stars for the incredible and unique movie The Nun's Story. A must for every DVD collector.

I have read this book several times and I wish the movie had gone into some detail about why she enters a convent. Select the department you want to search in. There is one mention very late in the film by her father that her sweetheart had never married. I admired the sisters who taught catechism at our local parish and wanted to devote my life to God's work, just as they did. The Nun's Story is an Drama movie that was released in 1959 and has a run time of 2 hr 32 min. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links on this page. Lionel Jeffries has a cameo role as a research Doctor who extols her skills at using a microscope and Dame Peggy Ashcroft is excellent as Mother Mathilde. Very highly recommended. los jóvenes del Archidiócesis de Madrid-2012 Vatican/BENEDICTO XVI, ANGELUS/Regina Caeli- 2012-04-09/Papa Benedetto XVI, Solemn Mass Of Easter Sunday From Rome & Urbi Et Orbi - 2012, URBI ET ORBI (English) 2012 Easter -Vatican, URBI ET ORBI (Italiano) 2012 04 08 -Pasqua, Way of the Cross at Rome's Colosseum - April 6, 2012 (FULL, "Gloria in excelsis Deo"!VEGLIA PASQUALE-vaticana, Benedict XVI: Easter Vigil Homily - April 7, 2012, Celebrazione della Passione del Signore-BENEDETTO XVI. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2. However, at the outset of World War II, finds she cannot remain neutral in the face of the abject evil of Hitler's Germany./It was nominated for several Academy Awards including Best Actress in a Leading Role (Audrey Hepburn), Best Cinematography, Color, Best Director, Best Film Editing, Best Music, Scoring of a Dramatic or Comedy Picture, Best Picture, Best Sound (George Groves) and Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium.

These women worked without compensation in hospitals, schools, asylums. It is gripping and Ms Hepburn is wonderful in her portrayal of this conflicted young girl who becomes a conflicted woman. One of my all-time favourites. An incredible story of idealism, and struggle between vows of obedience on the one hand, and personal integrity on the other. I love to watch these old movies- usually on the suggestion of my mother- as they are usually much better in terms of quality and entertainment than what is currently produced. Free High quality No registration Gorgeous African scenery, lush photography, and a brilliant Waxman music score. 4.5 / 5 stars 81% 93%. Oh no! Find Where to Watch The Nun's Story and Many More Full-Length Movies From The Best Streaming Services Online. Based upon the 1956 novel of the same title by Kathryn Hulme made 1959(takes place in In 1930-1940, in Belgium,and Congo).Inspired on a real person ,Doctor Marie-Louise Habets. This issue doesn't affect premium users. Co-starring Academy Award-winner Peter Finch (Network) and Emmy-winner Colleen Dewhurst (Murphy Brown), in a performance Leonard Maltin calls "electrifying". Disney + Pixar + Marvel + Star Wars + Nat Geo, Get unlimited access to the largest streaming library with limited ads, Stream on up to 4 devices at the same time. Not sure whether or not I was to stay or leave, I did finally feel that God had other plans for me and at the end of my 6th year in the convent, before renewing my vows again, and confident that I was doing the right thing, I left the convent. The Nun's Story is an Drama movie that was released in 1959 and has a run time of 2 hr 32 min.

Notifications on this device is turn off for 123Movies!
I bought The Nun's Story as I remembered it so well from, so long ago. "Her Faith Remained Strong and True in the Face of Africa's Terrors!". Viewers will, I'm sure, want to google Wikipedia afterward, to learn more of the three lives that came together here: Actress Audrey Hepburn, Author Kathryn Hulme, and the real-life Marie-Louise Habet.

The Nun's Story is available to watch and stream, buy on demand at Amazon, Vudu, … Reviewed in the United States on February 9, 2019.

5 stars for the incredible and unique movie The Nun's Story.. 5 stars for incomparable Audrey Hepburn. Africa in all its guises, brutal and joyous, confronts her in her work and anyone who sees this film is bound to enjoy it. Browse the latest Amazon Prime from with Yidio!

It has received poor reviews from critics and viewers, who have given it an IMDb score of 7.6. Audrey Hepburn - Academy Award Nominee. Il Rosario di Domenica-Grotta delle Apparizioni Lourdes/Novembre, 18, 2012, 'Credo'-Sixtinischen Kapelle Chor /Palestrina-November 11, 2012, Michelangelo- Part 2 (2004) -Sistine Chapel, Missa pro defunctis 'Requiem'- Giovanni Francesco Anerio (±1567-1630), Pope, message to Seminarians;Open Your Souls to the Light of the Lord, Benedict XVI: Choral music is an integral part of the liturgy.
Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Even non catholics will enjoy! JAT, Excellent detailed account of a Nun's life in the 30s, Reviewed in the United States on May 20, 2013. Very speedy delivery. This is confusing to people who have not read the book because they don't know who or what he is referring to. Reviewed in the United States on February 19, 2014, The film, made in 1958, speaks to values increasingly gone by, but I know will enthrall anyone of the Catholic or other faith which has a monastic life. Audrey Hepburn's 11 Essential Movies. The Nuns Story 1959 watch online in HD on 123Movies website!

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 28, 2019. On her attempt to turn her dream into the truth, she has to face with many difficulties. The Nun's Story. The detail of the church life of the time is fascinating-down to the solemn Latin prayers and discipline. I entered the convent right after high school graduation in 1965.

It makes most art-fims seem amateurish in comparison. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Well written, excellent story. I enjoy it every time I look at it and I'm sure I'll look at it many more times. This is one of my favourite films Audrey Hepburn, was truly a stunning humble Kind character, she truly for me court the essence of being a nun and all the inner struggle we christian have while walking with Jesus Christ, It's truthful humbling and kind and all human emotions are addressed in a sincere way. I loved this movie, it's a great film for all the family. Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started. The Nun's Story. This powerful biographical drama was the top-grossing film the year it was released, garnered eight Oscar nominations, and boasts one of the greatest performances by the legendary Audrey Hepburn. The acting was superb- and is a fine example that you do not need the CGI or effects that are so overdone in modern cinema to make a good film- instead a good script and quality actors are key. . As a veteran of the earliest Peace Corps in Africa, and of the same faith, this story was particularly meaningful for me. resolved soon. Reviewed in the United States on August 15, 2020. Reviewed in the United States on May 13, 2016. Read Less.

Some platforms allow you to rent The Nun's Story for a limited time or purchase the movie and download it to your device. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Stream & Watch Online ... Movie Tags:hospital nurse nun. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Audrey Hepburn at her beautiful best! Based upon the 1956 novel of the same title by Kathryn Hulme, the story tells of the life of Sister Luke (Hepburn), a young Belgian woman who decides to enter a convent and make the many sacrifices required by her choice. the convent and its strict rules offered meaning to her life and then removed them, repressing her natural abilities until she is forced to make a fateful choice. Details below.

Three feminine idealists of a generation now fading into history. Audrey Hepburn stars in The Nun's Story as Sister Luke, postulant of a Belgian order of nuns.