Subscribe to our Free Newsletter, This Month in Sports ReferenceFind out when we add a feature or make a change. Judge after the loss to the Cowboys was asked if he sees any progress, and if so, does that matter much, or at all, considering the Giants are 0-5? This will ultimately be poised as Odell’s revenge game at Metlife. Another fumble by Daniel Jones? I’ll admit, Kyler Murray is a better NFL quarterback than I thought he would be. I’m just going to offer win-lose projections. Pro-Football-Reference utilizes Official NFL data for current NFL seasons. “I’m always proud of the way the guys come to work every day and compete,’’ Judge said. The 49ers control the entire game (dominating time of possession) via Kyle Shanahan's zone-running scheme and a heavy dosage of play-action passes putting the stress on the Giants' young linebacker corps. NYG – Graham Gano 47-yard field goal, 8:11. This game ends with a game-winning Giants touchdown drive. That being said, this is a production business. The Browns, with Kevin Stefanski, also have a rookie head coach. Besides the running back position and Terry McLaurin, there are not really any weapons to get excited about for Redskins fans. James Bradberry was an excellent addition to play man coverage for the Giants on the boundary, but his skill set matches up best against bigger receivers. Dallas wins this one. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Washington (see below). With two backs like Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt and receivers like OBJ and his pal Jarvis Landry, the Giants defense is going to have a hard time stopping these weapons. He is coming off a season-ending knee injury and it is worthy to take note he is 32 years old. Time to End the Taysom Hill Experiment for the New Orleans Saints, Monday Impressions: Vikings Get First Win - The Vikings Gazette, Mike Zimmer Game Plan Key to Minnesota Vikings’ Win, Fantasy Football Week 1- Wide Receiver Start, Sits - Last Word On Pro Football - FFB HUB, Fantasy Football Week 1 Wide Receiver Start Sits: Terry McLaurin, A.J. Cowboys 31-20, Prediction: The Giants swept the Redskins in 2019 and Dwayne Haskins played the majority of snaps in both games. Required fields are marked *. and a retooled defense all combine to prove hope for Giants fans. [7], at MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey. The Eagles added Darius Slay and Nickell Robey-Coleman to a blotched secondary and added former Steelers defensive lineman Javon Hargrave to line up against Fletcher Cox. The Steelers are one of those established teams with a veteran quarterback and head coach who might be better positioned to be prepared to begin the year after the interrupted offseason. The Steelers are a good team, but Mike Tomlin and his crew always start off the season slow. DAL – Dak Prescott – 14/21, 166 yards, INT, NYG – Devonta Freeman – 17 rushes, 60 yards, TD, DAL – Ezekiel Elliott – 19 rushes, 91 yards, 2 TD. Big Ben Roethlisberger will be playing his first full game since taking on the New England Patriots in Week 1 last year. The game will still be an uphill battle but I believe the Giants can pull this one out from behind. At this point the Giants will be desperate for a victory, the faithful at MetLife Stadium will be getting restless and wondering if Judge is in over his head, and the comments here at Big Blue View will have sunk to a level where I am going to wish some folks would take their anger elsewhere. This is the Redskins, though, and a game the Giants should win. Edmonds would finish the season with just 72 total touches. NY Giants win tiebreaker over Atlanta and Minnesota based on conference record. Thanks for contacting us. The Giants should have beaten the Cardinals at MetLife Stadium a year ago. Byron Murphy is going into his second year with Patrick Peterson still by his side, and as you know Chandler Jones will try to be a game-changing player and the offensive line will have to block him well. Just hours after announcing David Johnson would start at running back, the Cardinals proceeded to exclusively play backup running back Chase Edmonds who racked up 150 total yards and four touchdowns on 29 total touches. The Giants added James Bradberry and rookie Xavier McKinney as play-makers to a young secondary and if Sam Beal and Corey Ballentine improve, the Giants have the team (on paper) to beat the Bears. Adam Rank goes through all 16 games on the Giants 2020 NFL schedule and predicts their record for the season. Talk of the town: New Yorker probing Jeffrey Toobin for bizarre penis incident on... Toobin his own horn: Writer reportedly masturbated during New Yorker Zoom call, 'Everybody dies! The Giants got out to an 0–5 start for the second time in four years, before getting their first win of the season in week 6 against the Washington Football Team. Do you have a blog? Based … “To me it’s about evidence on the tape and what we have to correct and what we’re doing well and what we have to build on. Before the NFL schedule release on Thursday night, Draft Kings had come out with game-by-game odds showing the Giants favored to win only two of 16 games. → More NFL staffs, Roster updated October 17, 2020 This game remains close throughout due to Seattle's run-heavy offensive mindset, but a flurry of second-half scoring comes in from both sides as Jones begins to find the soft spots in the Seahawks' zone-heavy defense and as Wilson opens things up. Remember when I said I believed there would be a signature victory this season against the Eagles or Cowboys. I don’t think this one is it. Privacy Notice To note this is also in Philadelphia. Get the latest odds on all the top sports. Let’s go game-by-game. The interior of the line looks fine, but they also still have Giants’ cast-off Bobby Hart at the right tackle position, who is inconsistent. NYG – Graham Gano 27-yard field goal, 14:11. LAR – Sam Sloman 32-yard field goal, 3:52. The Giants will look to improve on their 4–12 record from the previous season and make the playoffs for the first time since 2016. We have tools and resources that can help you use sports data. I really want to pick the Giants to win here. Green as their targets. I’m finding it hard to actually pick the game where that will happen. We’re gonna get right back to work and try to get one.’’. Really, though, more than likely anything I’ve written here trying to predict games four to seven months before they actually happen doesn’t mean a darn thing. A day later, Judge … They drafted Houston tackle Josh Jones, but he will take time to develop. the official stats partner of the NFL. Based on 2019 won-loss records, the Giants’ schedule ranks as only the 26th most difficult, with opponents have compiled a .482 winning percentage. And, you know, young teams sometimes follow uplifting victories with mystifyingly bad losses. But for right now, it looks as if Dallas will steal this game from Big Blue at the end of the season. This page was last edited on 20 October 2020, at 15:10. In a brand new offensive system under Jason Garrett that will draw little to no similarities to what Daniel Jones operated under Pat Shurmur, this is not the ideal first matchup for the second-year quarterback. The New York Giants have fallen into a recent lull, uncommon for the franchise, that has been lowlighted by three straight offseasons with a top-6 draft pick overall. → Coaching staff Well, that depends on what measure you use. What makes Judge different and why should the loyalists believe in him? Acecdotally, the Giants and the West Coast don’t usually seem to get along. DAL – Greg Zuerlein 34-yard field goal, 0:00. The Giants have won 13 of their last 20 games against the Redskins. If the Giants’ defense does not get it straight, Murray and Kenyan Drake will run all over this young defense. The Redskins will take this win from the Giants. They are, though, pretty much in the same developmental place as the Redskins. No team, including the New York Giants, has held a practice or will for the foreseeable future.