rev 2020.10.19.37839, The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, English Language Learners Stack Exchange works best with JavaScript enabled, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site, Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, Learn more about hiring developers or posting ads with us. (And it should be "a big hit" in the original text.). How can I reproduce this mandala with Mathematica? Microeconomics. contra to the current answers, I'd say the typo is in not making it plural 'big hits'; but the rest I agree with.

Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. The album included two singles, "Kick It" and "I Thought." How does Darth Vader sleep with his suit? Help identifying either an anthology or specific short story contained therein, Source to look up pronunciation of phonetic script. What if there is no Presidential winner on Jan 20? Top synonyms for big hit (other words for big hit) are huge success, big success and great success. Meaning of Big Hit. I wonder if that craftsman will be able to fulfil the three commitments he took on at the same time; in my opinion he bites off more than he can chew! Hit it big definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation.

Usually it means it became very popular right away (rather than something that slowly becomes popular over time). familiar and evocative expression used to describe a chaotic situation in which things turn wrong, suddenly causing a lot of trouble or making someone very angry. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Search big hit and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso. why automatic failover for HA and manual failover for DR? E.g: I wondered all day long how to solve this problem and it suddenly hit me...I had to talk to Marry. Definitions.net. The question could be much simpler: Can a computer language be a, Responding to the Lavender Letter and commitments moving forward. But my question is about the meaning of this expression. in the phrase talk big), on a grand scale (esp. But I do know that "hits" is used in the music industry to refer to currently popular pop songs. There have been hundreds of programming languages since the start of computing. ting , hits v. tr. Identifying the specific cause of the failure, the technician hit the nail on the head. Thanks for your vote! in the phrase in a big way), in an advanced stage of pregnancy (esp. Should I point out a flaw in a paper before I start to write the review? Get the top HIT abbreviation related to Text Messaging. Some are a big hit but most of them aren't. If something is a big hit (the original sentence has a typo), it means it did very well or became very popular.
Big hit = very popular, used by a lot of people.

site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. New languages do come along. So this list changes, but it changes slowly. Etymology of קטלא (necklace, in משניות מעילה). blurt! https://www.definitions.net/definition/Big+Hit, big house, little house, back house, barn.