I admit I'm a Pure Heroine addict. After mentioning such luxuries as Cadillacs, Cristal, diamonds and jet planes, Lorde announces, "We don't care...And we'll never be royals/It don't run in our blood/That kind of luxe just ain't for us/We crave a different kind of buzz." As good as the music is, some of her message is lost on those of us who are older who have actually lived through certain situations and have common sense and wisdom that only those who have lived to our age can have. Of course, 'Royals' was everywhere, so it wasn't long before I heard it again and really liked what I heard. Pure Heroine Clear Vinyl Lorde Format: Vinyl. So many great songs. Some qualify as good pop poetry. The tracks have a consistent sound.

Mainly the similarity is in the vocal sound. I may be tipping my hand here, but the album “Pure Heroine” was my vote for best album of 2013… and I was the only one. I stumbled on Lorde after falling in love with Wierd Al's spoof on "royals", called "aluminum foil", and this is one of the rare artists whose original rivals Wierd Al's spoof. Most tracks have a background of atmospheric synths, accompanied by creative individual synth sounds adding highlights to different tracks. I requested this release too, and they're charging $40 FOR ONE LP out of spite. However, one must remember, she is in fact a young singer. Mono/Stereo: Stereo Never fear though, I still believe I was right (take that, other Sly folks!!!). At least, to me. Label: Newbury Comics.

I hope this reflects the attitude of her generation, because it is not the attitude which currently prevails in today's society, unfortunately. After mentioning such luxuries as Cadillacs, Cristal, diamonds and jet planes, Lorde announces, "We don't care...And we'll never be royals/It don't run in our blood/That kind of luxe just ain't for us/We crave a different kind of buzz." Many of the lyrics of the songs, written by Lorde and producer Joel Little, are abstract and obscure. Cut from a very different cloth to the people now ranked as her contemporaries, Lorde has carved out her own space, one where her artistry will be able to grow and develop, as she continues on with this fantastic voyage.

Please try again.

It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. The album has great depth if that's what you're after, but is easy enough to listen to that you can enjoy just drifting along to it. He also has way too many hobbies, including anime, comics, video games, guitar, and vinyl figurines (to name a few). Lorde's catchy attitude typifies youth's intuition that pure Freedom could be lyrical and blissful, but knows Reality is all everyone learns-to-know as the real-deal. Who's buying this? There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. A couple times, I find myself playing side A or B, when I'm heading to bed. And the video of her not singing "tennis court" (no video on this album - go find it on line) comes to mind whenever that song plays - always bringing me a smile. This is pretty catchy!'. Music is great but vinyl pressing and packaging is bad, Reviewed in the United States on May 19, 2019. Newbury used to be cool. Pop music generally isn't my genre... Dancin' in da club, put your #$& in the air, we gettin' so drunk tonight, etc. But not so much why as wherefore. Lorde clearly made an impression. I may be tipping my hand here, but the album “Pure Heroine” was my vote for best album of 2013… and I was the only one. Abraham Lincoln, Plato, Socrates, even Jesus himself, but apparently they are all "bad people" simply because others chose to preserve their memory/achievements with a monument?

Reviewed in the United States on February 6, 2014. Notably today's young females, like Lorde, are actually-thoughtful because feminism is the new ambiance. Abraham Lincoln, Plato, Socrates, even Jesus himself, but apparently they are all "bad people" simply because others chose to preserve their memory/achievements with a monument?

Reviewed in the United States on November 2, 2017, The music itself is great! But not so much why as wherefore. As good as the music is, some of her message is lost on those of us who are older who have actually lived through certain situations and have common sense and wisdom that only those who have lived to our age can have. Such a trend is familiar as positivity, which supposedly is a weakforce compared to the strongforce of a global economy's self-interested concept of profitability. Nevertheless trends like a trickle soon brook no obstacles to feeling free and easy. This 2013 album "Pure Heroine" was an astonishing debut. Royals

Reviewed in the United States on March 10, 2020. Limited edition of: 1500 Seemingly there is no alternative, nevertheless the patriarchal how-to usual story is ironically laced with many alluring temptations. A Newbury Comics exclusive color vinyl pressing.

This is random, but Caesar's Palace (which changed their name simply to Caesar's) has a preorder up…, This one popped up in my email from Comeback Vinyl: https://www.comebackvinyl.com/product/the-war-on…, New "limited" live release: https://decemberistsshop.com/product/XZLPDC24/the-decemberists-live-home…, I snagged this version limited to 500 on Blue Vinyl. This is one of those albums that you can listen to front to back and find a new “favorite” every single time. Great for working out or dancing to, but terrible in most other contexts. I stumbled on Lorde after falling in love with Wierd Al's spoof on "royals", called "aluminum foil", and this is one of the rare artists whose original rivals Wierd Al's spoof.

There's a problem loading this menu right now. Some of her lyrics' naivete is a little cute, but it's all very thoughtful. From best kept secret to a decidedly different kind of international superstar in a matter of months, Ella had to decline the school ball, in favour of the likes of the Grammy’s (though she still wore her school shoes) where she was awarded Best Song Of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance, The Brits (Best International Female Solo Artist) and a swag of NZ Music Awards. Wow, great find, Pete!

Album includes a 12"x12" lyric & photo book, and a digital download. Some of what she sings about ties in with social activism topics that she is completely wrong about. She has not experienced much in life. Her lyrics are thoughtful, soulful and way beyond her years, and her use of electronic beats and percussion really offsets that sultry voice. She has not experienced much in life. Let me set the stage a bit, so you will understand the place from whence this review is founded.

etc. I love pop for what it IS (a good beat and some catchy, but silly, lyrics), but I don't think anyone would call it thoughtful, interesting music. If it wasn't for the fact that this is the only limited release of the album I've been able to find, I had to pull the trigger. For this record, all others are fine but warping issue. Ribs It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. The production is pretty stripped-down. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Wow, creative, innovative, interesting, haunting... nice mix of personal, and worldly themes. But I digress, if you can get past the social justice type lyrics, the overall quality of the album is very good. You’re Logged in – View Your Profile, the War on Drugs – A Deeper Understanding // Limited Edition Boxset, The Decemberists – I’ll Be Your Girl // Limited Edition Orange, Blue & White Vinyl LPs, Arms and Sleepers – Miami // Limited Edition of 100 ‘Sunburst’ & 200 Pink Vinyl 12″ EPs, Levitation Room – Quarantine // Limited to 100 Blue Vinyl 7″s, The War On Drugs – Live Drugs // Multiple Limited Variants, Girl Talk – Feed the Animals & All Day // Limited to 500 Black Vinyl LPs Each, Cory Wong (of Vulfpeck) – The Striped Album & Trail Songs // Limited to 800 Vinyl LPs & 500 Vinyl 2xLPs, JPEGMAFIA – Black Ben Carson // Limited Deluxe Black Vinyl 3LPs, Temples – Paraphernalia // Limited to 1000 Pink Vinyl 7″, MindSpring Memories – The Binary Ocean // Limited Clear, Light Blue & Dark Blue 3LPs, Matt Duncan – “Who Are You On Your Own / State Bird” // Limited to 100 Red Vinyl 7″s, Kurt Vile – Speed Sound Lonely KV // Limited Edition Pink Vinyl EP. Very good music, a lot of variety for such a young singer. 2,333 global ratings | 1,727 global reviews, Reviewed in the United States on March 10, 2020. Unable to add item to List. Reviewed in the United States on February 22, 2014. I don't anticipate getting bored of it any time soon!. I came up in the musical time of hair bands, punk and electronic sampling. Her music has shown much more quality in the writing and actually means something more than drugs, sex, or money.

And John Denver.

Number of discs: 1 Buzzcut Season Still Sane When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? Some of her lyrics' naivete is a little cute, but it's all very thoughtful.

I find new records i bough recently from universal music either have warp disk, noisy background or sibilant mastering.

The lyrics are quite outstanding, and the instrumentation and production is mostly quite minimalist (for a pop album) so it doesn't overwhelm Lorde's well-pitched voice. Each song has a deeper meaning and can relate to situations that people (especially the youth) deal with. Thanks for letting me know! Tennis Court TRACK LISTING 4.6 out of 5 stars 2,004 ratings. Now tell the world how you feel via Twitter. Great album. Whereby so-called Facts of Life, aka drama and comedy, say the hard questions of existence can produce profitable experiences if you play-along. Reviewed in the United States on October 5, 2019. Still hurt hitting that purchase button though! Very good music, a lot of variety for such a young singer. In that regard feminist heroines are not typical vanquishers but meaningful why-so revealers of what truly exists beyond Irony's so-called life. Had to send back :(.

Reviewed in the United States on April 16, 2014. A website designer/developer by day, you can find Aaron spending his nights putting on his new favorite vinyl, turning the volume all the way up, and getting his hands dirty with painting. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I find new records i bough recently from universal music either have warp disk, noisy background or sibilant mastering. White Teeth Teens Forget the awards, forget the radio play, this is just plain, unequivocally, whole-heartedly, unbelievably a beautiful album that needs to be in everyone’s collection. This page works best with JavaScript. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, See all details for Pure Heroine Clear Vinyl, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I have updated the info here. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.