“Reed.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reed. Create an account or log in to participate.

Both of us as well as both kids have double letters in our names, so I'd like to keep with that "theme". according to Google, it is a name of Olde English origin, so you wouldn't be making it up! Which one looks better? Benjamin Reed. Hubby and I both like the name Reid/Reed for a boy. Definition of reed. What is the difference between Read and Reed and Rid? Discover or find out about something / someone by reading, ) Study a subject at a school, college, etc…, ) Interpret or learn the significance of something, ) Convey the meaning which may not be intended, ) (Of corrections in text) replace (one word) with another, ) (With an adjective) write or book that is interesting to read, ) Any of the various types of grass-like plants growing near water, ) Make something / someone free from something / someone unpleasant or unwanted, What is the difference between Read and Reed and Rid? I know a Reed. Career. I'm due with baby #3 in March. Find advice, support, and good company (and some stuff just for fun). Reid is used predominantly in the English and Scottish languages, and it is derived from Old English origins. Reid is a variant spelling of the name Reed (English and Scottish). Which spelling do you like better?

If you feel a message or content violates these standards and would like to request its removal please submit the following information and our moderating team will respond shortly.

I'm due with baby #3 in March. Reed is my mother's maiden name, but can't decide if I prefer it spelled Reid. What are your thoughts!

3203 Southeast Woodstock Boulevard Portland, Oregon 97202-8199 Phone: 503-771-1112 Fax: 503-777-7769. Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words?

reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts. 40 Comments. 3 : arrow. Our other son is Trey Alexander.

Orr-Reed Wrecking Co. 1903 Rock Island Dallas, Tx 75207 (214) 428-7429 Made with SquarespaceSquarespace We have it on our potential middle name list for a boy. The educational health content on What To Expect is reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts to be up-to-date and in line with the latest evidence-based medical information and accepted health guidelines, including the medically reviewed What to Expect books by Heidi Murkoff. I guess I've always thought the meanings are a bit different.Reid: red-hairedReed: a plant that grows in the waterAny opinions on spelling? Copyright © 2009-2020 Baby Names Pedia. Reeds have jointed, hollow stalks.

In Britain, reed also describes the straw used in thatching.

All rights reserved. Hubby likes the idea of having a middle name that starts with R. I suggested Reed (or Reid) but am looking for other options!

How about Reece/Rhys? Treysmama615. William Reed.

Just so you know, What to Expect may make commissions on shopping links on this page.

a stem of a reed. Just so you know, What to Expect may make commissions on shopping links on this page.

Actually, looking back at this I'm thinking that Reid does look better. My grandmother’s (born in 1910) middle name was Reed.

How do you think about the answers?

Hubby and I both like the name Reid/Reed for a boy. rei(d), re-id ] The baby boy name Reid is sometimes used as a girl name. The name's popularity has been rising since the 1910s. Use of this site is subject to our terms of use and privacy policy. Can you suggest a first name that you think would sound good with Reid/Reed as a middle name?

Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free!

These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'reed.' Reed/Reid and what middle name? This action cannot be undone. Another vote for Reed!

Reid has mostly been a baby boy name in the past century. Isaiah Reed.

Thanks! Its pronunciation is Riy-D †. My husband suggested the first name Spencer, so I laughed for a couple minutes and then reminded him of Criminal Minds. which spelling do you like better? In 2018, 43% more boys were named Reid than the subsequent ranked name, Reed. Jeffrey Reed. I like Reed better! Baby names that sound like Reid include Read, Reed, Reede, Reide, Rheed, Ried, Riyâd, Raad, Rad, Radd, Raed, Raede, Raeed, Reade, Red, Redd, Redde, Reeth, Reith, and Ret. So we are between either Cullen or Callen for our baby boy's name.

my husband and I are having such a hard time deciding on on second sons name. if anyone can give us there feedback it would be totally appreciated. I think u can go either way.

?And any middle name suggestions? Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way.

Hubby and I both like the name Reid/Reed for a boy.

Get your answers by asking now.