It literally began when I hit “begin certification process”. You have to dig deep if you want to gain admin and you really have to know the course materials to do so. Again, very straightforward and intuitive. Game features: A well-developed combat system with many attacks. The first obvious difference between the two courses is the price: Note: The CISSP has been so water downed in recent years that most people have one - however tell that to HR/people writing job specs! You have individual boxes you click on that contain your coursework. When I signed up for the ELS courses, I received my registration e-mail and was taken to their members area. Also, the SANS course is more in depth then the eLearnSecurity course. I understand the pricing model revolves around lab time, so I do not expect this change and if this is my only complaint ever about ELS courses, I will remain very happy. ISC2 and ISACA have the edge when it comes to Executives and Management. x86 Exploit Development Pt 2 – ELF Files and Memory Segmentation, Hacking Live Stream: Episode 1 – Kioptrix Level 1, Hack The Box’s Jerry, and Career Q&A / AMA, b33rbrain’s eLearnSecurity PTSV4 Wild Adventures Part 1, VeteranSec Announces Partnership with eLearnSecurity, Getting Started Guide for VetSec Wargame Exploit Development Tutorials, x86 Exploit Development Pt 1 – Intro to Computer Organization and x86 Instruction Set Architecture Fundamentals, Creating VetSecs Wargame Pt. It is 100% practical and you have to deliver a working APK and the source code it was build from. After browsing their site and reading reviews, it appeared that they met the main criteria I was looking for in terms of topics covered and having real-world exams. On to the cons. Both courses suffer from the fact that the labs are focused on Android because otherwise you would need a physical iOS device. As you may have noticed earlier, I did not complete all of the modules or the labs before attempting my exam. For example, an excerpt from the last slide of a part about OEM apps: “These apps are generally found in the /system/app directory It most certainly has some value. I'm personally using pentester academy to bridge the knowledge gap to get more recognized certs. I also just enjoy the look and feel of the whole thing. The first chapter covers the importance of reporting and even touches on documents such as Rules of Engagement, Non-Disclosure Agreements, and more. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. While defenitly usefull, it was covered on an very introductory level, and didn’t flow well with the rest of the course. I really looked at taking the OSCP vs PPT before deciding to subscribe to PTS to get the certification. Depending on your experience in the topic beforehand, the full or elite may suit you better. This prevents you from having a nice pile of reference material when you are for example working on premise for a customer. Mostly I've heard people touting the OSCP of course and some SANs certificates as well and perhaps the OSCE or OSWP. It really gives insight to the amount of paperwork involved during a penetration test, especially for those trying to break into the field. On to the rest of the platform. The first retake of the exam is free. tl;dr; SEC575 offers more in depth knowledge and better course material, however, you can’t beat the price point of MASPTv2. Mental Health: What can you do to help reduce suicide? Even if you can not download the training material, you have lifetime access to it. I had my report and certification back in four hours, which is incredibly impressive. Some of the (admittedly pretty simple) programming took longer then the actual exploit. It would almost be better to be given an IP address to attack during labs instead of doing name resolution. CISSP and the ISACA certs tend to be more management oriented, and are more often requested by HR and management that may not fully understand the technical aspects of the role they are hiring for. SANS courses are commonly referred to as ‘drinking from the firehose’, and in order to succeed at the course you really have to apply yourself for the full five days of coursework and the associated labs. [..]Unfortunately, this has led to some of the most impactful app-related vulnerabilities in the Android world, because it is common for many of them to run with system (root level) permissions.”. about the good things that happened in my life.". That is what management is about. Go look at your CISO/CSO of your company. It’s that straightforward. However, if you are newer to the field, and you want to have a great starting point, or the budget is a bit more tight, then MASPTv2 is definitely a great course with relevant labs that gets you started. Also, the 5th day of the course covers things like SQL injection and XSS. Hands on and practical vs high level question and answers seems like a no brainer to me. The elite version of WAPT is 120 hours. The exam was also no walk in the park and for a practical exam, it did a great job. Now I am interested what these “most impactful app-related vulnerabilities” are, but I am never told. While this is not reflected in the certificate, the best team can win one of the coveted SANS coins. The advanced penetration testing (eCPTX) yielded one result and the reverse engineering certification (eCRE) yielded none. Several game characters. Especially so for those that are in consulting. I had several questions on the GCIA that were lab based. As of today, I have completed the Web Application Penetration Testing (WAPT) course and earned the eWPT certification. Up to this point, I’ve achieved the CEH, OSCP, OSWP, and Pentest+ (beta), in that order. The main course material was slightly out-of-date since I followed the course just after a major Android update. It feels very professional and well done. For some reason the CISSP which I don’t think is that impressive is way more valuable than the SANS stuff. If your goal is to do a course for the certification in order to get past HR when applying for a job, then currently  that SANS is more well known. They don't need to have GPEN or GCIH because they are not going to be working that stuff. Lastly, I’d like to group some of the small pros into their own paragraph. When I am posting for management level positions, those are going to lean towards management certs like CISM/CISSP etc. You can get to where you want to be in just a few clicks and the layout is very user friendly. There are also links on the side that easily take you to your labs, your exam registration, the forum, and your certifications as you earn them. MASPTv2 does not offer a full walk-through of all labs, this can make you feel stuck at some points. Impressive set of certifications and qualifications you've got there. Managing the team to conduct work on behalf of the company. SANS Institute is the most trusted resource for cybersecurity training, certifications and research. It’s a tedious process that becomes annoying, especially if the connection drops in which case you have to switch your DNS, try to reconnect to your VPN, and switch back again. The material gives a good overview of the Android and iOS environment, and provides a clear path to follow when investigating applications. High praise also goes to the certification reviewers. For some reason the CISSP which I don’t think is that impressive is way more valuable than the SANS stuff. Self-paced practical study, Virtual Labs with real-world scenario challenges and IT security certifications. I get it is more "real world" since you have access to materials in the real world. I decided to pull the trigger and purchase four courses at once. I have my GSEC and I am getting my GCIH soon and my CISM soon. But as others have stated, it is all about what the person is going to be doing in a specific role. When I'm posting for technical jobs, I have GIAC certs listed right alongside those from other certifying boards. Where the con comes in is that you are forced to update your DNS settings in order to resolve their lab sites. If you’re considering the course, go for it! Subsequently, in the interest of full disclosure, I got the offer to do the course for free in exchange for a review where I compare MASPTv2 to SANS SEC575. The GMOB certification is quite well rounded, but only theoretical. Alphabet soup: CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CISA, GDSA, GPEN, GCIA, GCIH, GCCC, CEH, Azure Fundamentals, Azure Security Engineer Associate, ITIL 4 Foundation, and more. Certs: CISSP, OSCP, CRTP, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, AZ-900, VHL:Advanced+, Retired Cisco CCNP/SP/DP. For the full version of WAPT, I received 60 hours. Let’s talk about the pros first: My biggest praise for WAPT is that it not only teaches you the attack, but it shows you the code behind the misconfiguration, and teaches you how to mitigate those attacks. Again, it’s nit-picky, but I wouldn’t call that a lab. I look forward to your WAPT extreme review. Over the course of a day you have to, as a team, solve increasingly challenging exercises. Something needs to be done to change the industry so that companies understand the CISSP is not as valuable as the GSEC for example. As you can see above, the exam page has your exams ready for all of your courses. For reference, the price of one SANS certification would be more than multiple trainings offered by most companies, in my experience. But think certs should be a test of your current knowledge on a subject, not a test on if you can look up information quickly. Offering more than 60 courses across all practice areas, SANS trains over 40,000 cybersecurity professionals annually. In my organization HR is only responsible for organizational job requirements. Zero to Hero: Week 9 – NTLM Relay, Token Impersonation, Pass the Hash, PsExec, and more, A Day in the Life of an Ethical Hacker / Penetration Tester, Zero to Hero Pentesting: Episode 8 – Building an AD Lab, LLMNR Poisoning, and NTLMv2 Cracking with Hashcat, Zero to Hero Pentesting: Episode 7 – Exploitation, Shells, and Some Credential Stuffing, Introductory Exploit Development Live Stream – x86 Assembly Primer and SEH Overflows w/ Ruri, Web Application Penetration Testing v3 Full (, Web Application Penetration Testing Extreme v1 Full (, Advanced Reverse Engineering of Software v1 Elite (. Similar to the mitigation teachings noted in the last paragraph, I’ve never seen a certification company go into this much detail on the topic of reporting. However, this also means that eMAPT only tests knowledge of one mobile OS. Many costumes and maps. For example, the Flash lab just has you follow along with the course video and doesn’t provide any problem sets or challenges. In this game you, in the role of Sans, you need to defeat an evil kid named Frisk. On an overall front, I thought that the labs were pretty great and informative.