She had straight hair. After winning the Jury Award at the 31st Golden Melody Awards for her latest album City Zoo <摩天動物園> on October 3, G.E.M. In the liner notes for her albums, Taylor will often capitalize letters in the lyrics to provide a hidden message related to the song. Bessie Smith, “Outside Of That” Blues legend Bessie Smith beat The Crystals to that sentiment by decades: Her 1923 song “Outside Of That” writes off her lover’s abuse as just one minor sticking point in their relationship. To be perfectly honest, I personally don't have a ton of experience with relationships. This is Drew Hardwick, who never dated the singer. But it was really comforting to know that all I had to do was go home and look next door to see a perfect example of forever.”. “‘Love Story’ is actually about a guy that I almost dated,” she said. immediately released her new single titled “Loneliness” <孤獨> five days later. Cosmopolitan participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. We were 14, we were just being girly, snarky.” For the record, they think the song is “cool” and “kind of funny.”. “They’d been married forever and they came over one night for dinner and were just so cute,” she said. ☝️, Awesome, You’re All Set! The 21-year-old San Francisco native has been on the scene for a few years but has started to gain more recognition recently. For the first time, I could relate to that Romeo-and-Juliet situation where the only people who wanted them to be together were them. And if you don't believe me, just take a listen to some of her best songs ahead. Chloe x Halle's Style Coordination Is Unmatched, The Best Bonnets to Keep Your Hair On Point, Sooo Halsey Just Got a Buzzcut and Looks Amazing, You Found 'The One' If They Check Off These Boxes. —Ruth Saxelby On his personal Twitter account (which you can find if you dig enough), he’s tweeted multiple, glancing references to having once dated her. Britney's favorite song on her album "Britney Jean" was a rare ballad for the singer. sing about her ups and downs so soulfully makes me feel as if I'm right there with her. She has me singing about how much I love my imaginary boyfriend in one song, then crooning about how the dude I didn't meet at the club I never went to did me wrong. On top of that, fans recently found out that Max spent a lot of time thirsting for other celebs—including Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus, and Ariana Grande—before he met Demi, causing her to be “really upset” and her friends to worry. But that's the effect H.E.R. Earning five Grammy nominations is impressive enough, but to achieve an honor like that at such a young age is a testament to H.E.R. , 12 H.E.R. Here’s a launchpad with 40 of the best songs … I wrote that song the day I found out she had an eating disorder. The song was released after Swift candidly explained that the actress had come between her and Joe Jonas. The first song I heard from her was "Best Part" with Daniel Caesar, and I remember feeling a sense of peace. A decade into her career, Taylor Swift has established herself as one of the most successful singer-songwriters of her generation. Demi Lovato has stayed almost entirely silent in the wake of her increasingly yikes split from Max Ehrich, but surprise: She just dropped what appears to be a full-blown breakup song called “Still Have Me.”. By signing up, I agree to the Terms & to receive emails from POPSUGAR. But listening to H.E.R. Little did he know I was writing songs about him after school, dreaming one day of becoming a country singer.” Cory… you fucked up. "Not one without a punchline." 10 hours ago, by Kelsie Gibson 8 hours ago, by Kelsey Garcia While she didn't say who the song is about, she told E! Torres Describes Harrowing 48 Hours Trying to Return Home, The Viral Countdown: The Race to React to COVID-19, The Cost of Coronavirus: How Young Guv Ended Up Stranded, Photo by Mike Coppola/Getty Images for People.com; Peter Kramer/Getty Images; Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images, The Killers Double Down on Arena Rock With. that it "hits close to home." 's talent. That nonchalance has as naughty a tone as the song’s title. Demi Lovato was clearly frustrated that her ex-fiance was going ham about their breakup, because she blindsided her team by dropping her new breakup song on … Taylor’s earliest and most savage diss track—”I hate that stupid old pickup truck / You never let me drive / You’re a redneck heartbreak / Who’s really bad at lying” is about high school classmate Jordan Alford, who dated her as a freshman. has on listeners — you feel like you're just hanging out with your friend and venting about life together. The message for “Should’ve Said No”: SAM SAM SAM SAM SAM. 2. "And I'd never written a love song before," she added. 4 hours ago, by Karenna Meredith Jadah Marie just dropped her new song “Lifestyle” along with the music video on Wednesday (October 7)! “Tied Together With a Smile” was written about one of Swift’s friends, who she described to Entertainment Weekly as “this beauty queen, pageant princess—a gorgeous, popular girl in high school. He was just a serious crush, and showed up at her house after the song came out to see what was going on. 4 hours ago, by Monica Sisavat 2. For her, she felt like she need to write a love song about their bond. The first single on Taylor’s debut, self-titled album is about… Tim McGraw. The first song I heard from her was "Best Part" with Daniel Caesar, and I remember feeling a sense of peace. It’s so beautiful. In 2015, Hardwick and his wife were arrested for child abuse. “Just to set the record straight, it wasn’t with Tim McGraw. 5 hours ago, by Mekishana Pierre In an interview with Time, Swift said “Love Story” is about a love story that almost was. A post shared by Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) on Sep 30, 2020 at 7:30am PDT. All of them! This one, too, was written about Swift’s high school boyfriend, one who didn’t cheat on her or do her wrong. Swift has always written about her life, but as her fame as bloomed, the subjects of her songs have morphed from random high school guys to incredibly famous celebrities, and fans have had more fun asking, “So who’s this one about?” We’ve put together a sourced list of the inspiration behind some of her many songs. In 2014, Alford’s wife Chelsea spoke to The Daily Mail about feuding with Swift over him. “Cory’s eyes are like a jungle,” Swift begins in the opening lines to “Stay Beautiful.” Cory was a secret for years, but in a Target commercial for her 2010 album Speak Now, Swift revealed its inspiration: “It all started with my first crush in fourth grade: Cory Robertson. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, Demi Has Words for President Trump in Her New Song, BLACKPINK and Cardi B's Song Collab Is HERE, Jessie J Wrote a Song About Channing Tatum , Gaga's "911" Lyrics Are About Her Mental Health, What Taylor's "Betty" Lyrics *Actually* Mean, Demi’s Newest Song Is All About Mental Health, Miley’s “Midnight Sky” Is 100 Percent About Liam, The Weeknd Released a Song About Selena AND Bella, Lady Gaga Fans Think “Fun Tonight” Disses Her Ex, Mehera Bonner is a news writer who focuses on celebrities and royals—. Max claims he found out about the breakup in the tabloids, he heard about the breakup in the tabloids, Max spent a lot of time thirsting for other celebs—including Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato Announces She’s Releasing New Music, Here’s the Deal With Demi Lovato’s New Boyfriend, Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich Just Broke Up :(, Welp Now Max Ehrich Is Releasing a Song About Demi, Read the Lyrics to Demi’s New Song “Anyone”, Demi Lovato just dropped a breakup song called “Still Have Me” amid her. Currently, she's up for five Grammy awards: best new artist, best R&B performance for her collaboration with Daniel Caesar in "Best Part," best R&B song for "Focus," and best R&B album, as well as album of the year for her self-titled 2017 EP, H.E.R. Every guy wanted to be with her, every girl wanted to be her. A decade into her career, Taylor Swift has established herself as one of the most successful singer-songwriters of her generation. “It’s about a relationship that I was in,” Swift told the website for country channel Great American Country in 2007. Her … Billie's been writing music since she was 11. An Exhausting Timeline of Demi and Max’s Breakup, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. (He was unsuccessful, whatever he was trying to get at.) Max has yet to reply to Demi’s new song, but gonna go ahead and listen to it on repeat, bye. What romance! “You sit in class next to a redhead named Abigail,” she sings, “and soon enough you’re best friends.” They still are! “But when I introduced him to my family and my friends, they all said they didn’t like him. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. Max claims he found out about the breakup … I thought it was so sweet, because you can go to the grocery store and read the tabloids and see who’s breaking up and cheating on each other (or just listen to some of my songs!). The 15-year-old Julie and the Phantoms actress released her second song … 4 hours ago, by Kelsey Garcia This content is imported from Instagram. Revenge - P!nk ft Eminem by Mekishana Pierre