Mountains. From US$112.11* More Info. United States ; Colorado (CO) Aspen ; Aspen Attractions ; Maroon Bells; Search. Scenic Drives, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Lookouts. United States ; Colorado (CO) Aspen ; Aspen Attractions ; Maroon Bells; Search. Recommended.

Recommended. French Alpine Bistro - Creperie du Village. It was freezing cold at 6:30 am, but it was an awesome experience to. ASPEN, Colo. (CBS4)– Anyone wanting to see fall colors at Maroon Bells this year will need to make a shuttle or parking reservation. 2,519 Reviews #1 of 75 things to do in Aspen. The "bells" were, my greatest accomplishment of the 8 week course. We thought we had prime spot for pictures since we were by ourselves, only to realize where we were didn’t give us that awesome reflection.

watch the sun hit the top of the mountain and bring it to life. Limited bathrooms during Covid. 2,532 Reviews #1 of 75 things to do in Aspen.

This not only kept us feeling safe while riding up to Maroon Bells, but it also meant that the crowds were much smaller once we got there. Maroon Bells. Total time on the hike for us was about 4 hours. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Maroon Bells Access: Reservations are required this year to visit Maroon Bells by personal vehicle or shuttle. Our most popular tours and activities. Get spooky in Aspen with this ghost tour! This is a must see stop to anyone visiting the Aspen/Snowmass area. Get the full experience and book a tour . It was freezing cold at 6:30 am, but it was an awesome experience to. The shuttle leaves every 15 minutes and it takes about 30 minutes to get up.3. 2,531 Reviews #1 of 75 things to do in Aspen. With Covid 19, Pay attention to the hours of shuttle bus. We did the hike to Crater Lake with kids aged 4, 11, 12, and 14 and it was very reasonable. We didn’t realize we needed reservations due to COVID to get in. Only waited 45 mins The water is down and most of the Aspens have lost their leaves so the vista isn't quite as grand right now but still worth the effort to check it out. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.

Coming here was the main reason for our visit to Colorado. Maroon Bells Bike. If you want that iconic view with lake reflecting mountains, it makes a difference where you stand.

watch the sun hit the top of the mountain and bring it to life. EVEN THEN, you need to reserve a place in advance or you won't go up.2. North Maroon Peak, at 14,019 feet (4273 m), is the 50th highest (depending on how they are counted). Mountains.

Recommended. United States ; Colorado (CO) Aspen ; Things to do in Aspen ; Maroon Bells; Search. Always a classic hike. Motorcycle Tour Through Rocky Mountains of Colorado, by Sig's Rides . Maroon Bells, Aspen: Address, Phone Number, Maroon Bells Reviews: 5/5. Reservations were all booked but it was no problem to get standby tickets. So instead of giving a regular review I'll give some helpful advices:1. We are a bit insane and rode single-speed bikes up the whole way- which was rough at that altitude- but gave my wife and I plenty of excuses to stop and look at the… Explore Aspen’s Maroon Bells, the most photographed mountains in North America, and discover how a journey through over 300 million years of jagged stone inspires travelers from around the world to Defy Ordinary.

Maroon Bells. They were sold out for the entire week; however we managed to snag one for sunrise. Get the full experience and book a tour . We went early for the the sunrise at the Maroon Bells and it was so worth waking up at 4:30am. Vehicle access begins June 8 and the shuttle system from Aspen Highlands begins June 28. Mountains.

chip.mcgough@gmail.com, On our visit to Aspen we wanted to visit Maroon Bells and hike. Mountains. 2,532 Reviews #1 of 75 things to do in Aspen. 4WD, ATV & Off … For Maroon Bells camping, backpacking & trail condition questions, please contact the Aspen-Sopris Ranger District at 970-963-2266. Things to Do in Aspen ; Maroon Bells; Search. Maroon Bells. Fortunately we were allowed to board the bus at 8:15 AM and spent a wonderful day hiking. The hike to Crater Lake can be challenging but plan accordingly based on your physical capabilities. Whether you want to try horseback riding for the first time with a short and relaxing ride, or you are looking for an exhilarating new adventure through the country, you will find both serenity and excitement during your ride. Get spooky in Aspen with this ghost tour! United States ; Colorado (CO) Aspen ; Things to do in Aspen ; Maroon Bells; Search. Steep at times with some rocky portions.Tough on smaller dogs. Maroon Bells. So. The first lake is right next to the parking lot, but if you want to see more, there is a small 1.4 mile hike to the next lake.5. Will share trail with backpackers who are friendly. Further up the road, reservations are required for both vehicles and RFTA shuttles to access the Maroon Bells Scenic Area. Maroon Bells Hike. Aspen Highlands, End of Maroon Creek Road, Aspen, CO. Save. Scenic Drives, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Lookouts, Aspen Highlands End of Maroon Creek Road, Aspen, CO, In 1964, I attended Outward Bound School in Bolder, CO. As part of my mountain climbing and servival course; I was selected to Climb All the 'BELLS'. Mountains.

Can be busy. Ski & Snowboard Rentals. If you want that iconic view with lake reflecting mountains, it makes a difference where you stand. We were there at 7:30 AM and bought standby tickets for the bus. The shuttle is 16$ a person (back and forth) and young kids can sit on their parents lap so they won't pay.7. Note that they don’t tell you generally that the lake is empty at the end of the trail, which is longer then we thought it would be and strewn with rocks along much of the way. Road bikes up to the Maroon Bells from Aspen Highland Ski Resort where there was plenty of parking early morning. Maroon Bells.

Contact for current Maroon Bells information. Maroon Bells. Scenic Drives, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Lookouts, Aspen Highlands End of Maroon Creek Road, Aspen, CO, In 1964, I attended Outward Bound School in Bolder, CO. As part of my mountain climbing and servival course; I was selected to Climb All the 'BELLS'. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. 2,532 Reviews #1 of 75 things to do in Aspen. Recommended. A must see while in aspen. Get the full experience and book a tour . Timed for nightfall according to season, experience a creepier Aspen as you slip through shadowed streets and into the dark haunts of the past. Coming here was the main reason for our visit to Colorado. But due to the pandemic, parking and the bus up to the trail head are all reservation only. I would love to return to the "BELLS" just for the grandure of the Rocky Mountains in this particular enviornment, Everyone should be able to view such Grandure once in a life time!! A car passes by T-Lazy-7 Ranch on Maroon Creek Road Wednesday. more.

Small but beautiful mountain lake with easy trails nearby. I would love to return to the "BELLS" just for the grandure of the Rocky Mountains in this particular enviornment, Everyone should be able to view such Grandure once in a life time!! Would love to go back in the fall to see the changing colors of the trees. Maroon Bells, Aspen: Address, Phone Number, Maroon Bells Reviews: 5/5. The hike is challenging but still accessible. Maroon Bells. The view of the … Mountains. But be sure to wear good hiking shoes or boots, bring water and be sure to dress warmly even if the weather forecast predicts warm weather on the day of your trip. Click here to learn more or control your settings. This place is beautiful, but not easy to get to in the summer time. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia.