It is quite a solid cast though for this kind of thing though, and even Cyd Charisse pops in to largely talk a load of bollocks and I'm sure she must have been utterly confused by it all. They are all dragged to the bottom of the sea where they meet the inhabitants of the lost continent, an advanced alien race that makes sailors their slaves. It has Monsters, the lost city of atlantis, guns, fight scenes and more monsters, what more can you ask for in a low budget sci-fi. Add the first question. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Cyd In 1973, British director Kevin Connor made the tidy and undervalued horror film, From Beyond the Grave with Peter Cushing. Dammit. Warlords of Atlantis (aka Warlords of the Deep) is a 1978 British adventure science fiction directed by Kevin Connor and starring Doug McClure, Peter Gilmore, Shane Rimmer, and Lea Brodie. understanding that it reflects the attitudes and standards of its time The filmmakers thought big but the budget wasn't up to their big ideas. Unable to add item to Wish List. "You could always stay here & get turned into a Goldfish..." Classic monster film, they don't make 'em like this anymore. One of the abductees Professor Aitken is wanted by the aliens for his superior intellect while the others will be used as slaves . Enjoyed it when I saw it in the cinema as a 10 year old but not so much now. External Reviews Prof Aitken:

Well, as luck would have it, just after an attack by an aquatic dinosaur, Doug and Peter and part of the crew of the ship are captured by a giant octopus and taken to the underwater, lost city of Atlantis. In short, Warlords of Atlantis is tremendous fun. A giant octopus attacks them whilst they are in the experimental diving bell, and along with the top-side crew are taken to Atlantis. Play By:

60's 70's 80's sci fi ,fantasy adventure films. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google privacy policy and terms of service apply.

I guess I did get more cynical as I got older after all. This year, the question is not IF you should get a flu shot. They face lots of angry pre-historic beasties as they journey to meet the Atlantian illuminati - Cyd Charisse and Daniel Massey, no less. There is the old bug bear of actors standing in front of obvious back projection trying to look scared at a rubber glove pocket but that's not enough to ruin the movie , in fact that adds some charm and the script has the temerity to point out that mankind's greatest achievements have come out of fighting one another in terrible wars . Try. They are all dragged to the bottom of the sea where they meet the inhabitants of the lost continent, an advance alien race makes slaves of the ship-wrecked sailors. ""X meters, X meters, X meters!!! When he and Peter Gilmore go exploring in a diving bell, they are attacked by a sea serpent and then discover a large peace of gold. If this holds true - And it's been years since I saw that movie - then WARLORDS OF ATLANTIS is certainly the second best in the genre Written by former DOCTOR WHO script writer Brian Hayles the story has some imagination even though no one is going to confuse it with a documentary . Doug had already appeared in some other Amicus films (LAND THAT TIME FORGOT, AT THE EARTH'S CORE) and this film was made by the same people.

Still, I appreciate their trying.

Searching for the lost world of Atlantis, Prof. Aitken, his son Charles and Greg Collinson are betrayed by the crew of their expedition's ship, attracted by the fabulous treasures of Atlantis. Victorian explorers (Doug McClure, Peter Gilmore) in a diving bell find the fabled city, a lost race and a giant octopus. Doug Nur leider hält sich der Film nicht sonderlich lang in Atlantis auf, da hätte ich gern mehr gesehen. Qué necesitan los blockbusters actuales? not be publishing it at this stage.

A perilous, nautical tale of mutiny, murder, hidden treasure, giant sea monsters and lost worlds, in a creature feature beyond comparison. Report this film. Then , they're into a diving bell when are attacked by a sea monster and the sailors are dragged by a giant octopus .

Meanwhile Greg befriends some of the other prisoners including Delphine (Lea Brodie) whose father is the captain of the Mary Celeste. Classic '70s adventure flick that should scratch that Clash of the Titans itch.

Do you know something about this programme that we have not included above? An evil magician seeks to gain power by obtaining a magic rose. Brodie The film then switches to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean during the Victorian period.

Oh and the giant octopus.

!!!!! Although nobody here is as bad as Peter Cushing was in the aforementioned film, Ratzenberger et al were never going to be bothering the Golden Bears with their performances. Both Charles & Greg dive deep under the Ocean's surface & encounter an aquatic dinosaur that tries to eat them, they also discover a solid gold ancient relic which the crew above manage to get aboard. There are one or two plot holes like why do the aliens consider Professor Aitken a man of superior intellect since he would have no understanding of space travel or Einstiens theory of relativity , in other words he's a cave man compared to the aliens . "Whatever's out there"Nipples"What the hell happened here? The NOAA, EH26 satellite confirms infrared Geothermal Energy readings experiencing an immense volcanic eruption in the oceans under Bermuda.

The Nostalgia Store are pleased to be able to offer this authentic original lobby card measuring 8x10 inches. Made by fans in Auckland, New Zealand. Okay, so some of the special effects aren't great, but to be honest I prefer films like this which have interesting plots, solid characters and imaginative scenery to the kind of effects-dependent trash Hollywood is currently churning out without care or interest. Please release At the Earth's core and Warlords of Atlantis on DVD, Gore Mongral's Movie Review: Warlords of Atlantis. This FAQ is empty. And for what it's worth, I still enjoy movies like this because…. Please try again. Jul 25, 2012 by Luke Ryan Baldock. Few things. A young American family moves to a House in Kyoto, Japan. Please try again. It scores low on the underwater movie checklist, but the fact that there is one more movie except Das Boot that has underwater Nazi's and the octopus saves the day. Nostalgia Store Warlords of Atlantis Giant Octopus Lobby Card: Amazon.com.au: Kitchen. They are welcomed by a guy in a silver sequin dress named Atmir (Micheal Gothard) who takes them to the 3rd city of Troy, Charles is deemed clever so is separated from the group & taken to meet the supreme council who appear to be lead by Atraxon (Daniel Massey) & Astril (Cyd Charisse) while the others are condemned to a life of slavery & thrown into the dungeon's. This is a massive improvement over At The Earth's Core in a number of ways. Of course its bad, but in the best way.