You'll discover if Chris Van Allsburg is really as spooky as his books, where Jon Scieszka gets his wacky ideas, and why Patricia Polacco's warm family tales seem so real. Real questions from parents and educators, answered by experts. I’m an author and illustrator who spends way too much time playing video games. Create your own booklists from our library of 5,000 books! Esses Cookies nos permitem coletar alguns dados pessoais sobre você, como sua ID exclusiva atribuída ao seu dispositivo, endereço de IP, tipo de dispositivo e navegador, conteúdos visualizados ou outras ações realizadas usando nossos serviços, país e idioma selecionados, entre outros. Browse our booklists below, or search for more titles by format (graphic novel, audio book) or topic (learning and attention issues) on Book Finder. You've found the official webpage of author and illustrator George O'Connor, creator of the New York Times Bestselling. Rights assessment is your responsibility. You've found the official webpage of author and illustrator George O'Connor, creator of the New York Times Bestselling Olympians series of graphic novels, among other works. She's also collected printable activity worksheets from various authors on her site. Drop me a line! Get tips on where to find great children's books, including graphic novels, book series, audio books, and more. Discover what kinds of books are especially popular with children who struggle with reading. ET. (Barnett told BuzzFeed Books in an email, "I have a habit of buying hats that I later realize I should never wear out of the house. Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically. For commercial use, please contact info@readingrockets.org. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. 878 likes. Our reading resources assist parents, teachers, and other educators in helping struggling readers build fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension skills. Video. Author and illustrator Debbie Ridpath Ohi (Where Are My Books?) Meet your favorite authors and illustrators in our video interviews. Dozens of carefully selected booklists, for kids 0-12 years old, Nonfiction for Kids Sometimes it helps to read about characters who have some of the same challenges that you do. Tour Dates 10.20 - Minneapolis @ Broke Haus 10.21 - Deluth @ 12.4 - KCMO @ Record Bar (HTKD Showcase) 12.12 - KCMO @ Record Bar (Noise for Toys benefit) The videos will also live on his website. Copyright © 2020 WETA Public Broadcasting, Visit WETA's other education websites: Start with a Book  |  Colorín Colorado  |  AdLit  |  LD OnLine, The reasons why some kids struggle with reading, Pinpoint the problem a struggling reader is having and learn how to help, When your child needs additional teaching, tutoring or special education services, Questions about assessment, comprehension, dyslexia and more, Author Interviews Comments Sign in | Recent Site Activity | Report Abuse | Print Page | Powered By Google Sites More about Copyright and other Restrictions. Themed Booklists Tips on finding great books, reading nonfiction and more. Videos will go live Fridays at 8 a.m. You've found the official webpage of author and illustrator George O'Connor, creator of the New York Times Bestselling Olympians series of graphic novels. You are welcome to print copies or republish materials for non-commercial use as long as credit is given to Reading Rockets and the author(s). Gene Yang and Jack Gantos talk about the challenges and joys of being "slow" reader. Finally, on Saturdays at noon, Barnett and his friend Shawn Harris make Live Cartoons, which is shot in one take. Event Date April 10, 2020 Running Time 33 seconds Language English Online Format video The newest educational games, activities and mobile apps, for kids PreK to grade 3. BuzzFeed News’ FinCEN Files investigation exposed massive financial corruption on a historic global scale. Book Finder Para saber mais sobre nossa política de cookies, acesse link. Every night around 5 p.m. PT, there's Mac’s Book Club Show: Chapter Books After Dark, where Barnett reads from his book Mac B., Kid Spy: Mac Undercover (and wears a tuxedo). Create your own booklists from our library of 5,000 books! Author and illustrator Grace Lin (When the Sea Turned to Silver; A Big Mooncake for Little Star) is posting read-alouds and drawing tutorials on YouTube. Meet your favorite authors and illustrators in our video interviews. Pull up a chair! Collection Items: Dozens of carefully selected booklists, for kids 0-12 years old, Nonfiction for Kids Her tutorial for drawing a lucky Chinese tiger — a character that shows up in three of Lin's books — is especially popular. Browse our video library below — you'll discover more than 130 engaging interviews! Find the best apps for building literacy skills. Videos Author and Illustrator Index Enrich your author studies with our collection of biographies and interviews with the best-loved authors in children's literature. Greetings from Author and Illustrator Dav Pilkey. Listen in to popular children's authors as they talk about books that can connect with kids who struggle to read. While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Author and illustrator Wendy MacNaughton (Salt Fat Acid Heat, Pen & Ink) hosts 30-minute draw-along videos every weekday, live on Instagram at 10 a.m. PT and then available on YouTube. The series will continue through the end of the school year. Watch Reading Rockets' exclusive video interviews with top children's book authors and illustrators. Our video interviews are a great resource for your classroom author studies. Lunch Doodles With Mo Willems. I’m an author and illustrator who spends way too much time playing video games. You can find the videos at Kennedy-Center.org or YouTube. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9113/. Here is a video about the author's writing and research process on Teaching Books. — Emilie Buchwald, Supporting Children with Autism During COVID-19, Mary Amato’s Tips for Keeping a Writer’s Notebook, Teaching Elementary School Students to Be Effective Writers, Andrea Davis Pinkney: storyteller and more, The Wimpy Kid Meets the National Ambassador. Watch or listen to our classroom video, author interviews and more. — Matilda, Roald Dahl, Favorite Books for Kids with Learning and Attention Issues, Where to Find Free Audiobooks and Digital Text-to-Speech Books for Your Child, Supporting Children with Autism During COVID-19, Mary Amato’s Tips for Keeping a Writer’s Notebook, Teaching Elementary School Students to Be Effective Writers, Letters in Phonemic Awareness Instruction or the Reciprocal Nature of Learning to Read, Andrea Davis Pinkney: storyteller and more. My new book, a non-fiction graphic novel with author Daniel Newman, is a bit of a departure from my previously published work! Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). I may even feature your drawing on my Instagram page! Tips on finding great books, reading nonfiction and more, "Children are made readers on the laps of their parents." Find the best apps for building literacy skills. is posting daily drawing prompts and activities on Twitter at #KidsDailyDebbieOhi, as well as picture book read-alouds and drawing demonstrations on YouTube. Author and illustrator Oliver Jeffers (The Day the Crayons Quit), is reading his books Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays live on Instagram at 2 p.m. View 5,912 Items. Now that I never leave my house, I figure it’s the perfect time to wear them.") (2020) Greetings from Author and Illustrator Dav Pilkey. Click around! Our reading resources assist parents, teachers, and other educators in helping struggling readers build fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension skills. Here are some highlights: Meet Lin Oliver, co-author (with Henry Winkler) of the popular Hank Zipzer and Here's Hank series about a young boy with learning differences who is funny, resourceful, and smart. She also has a selection of printables — activities, book templates, posters, and bookmarks — on her site. Upon the Horizon’s Verge, a short story in the anthology Welcome Home edited by Eric Smith (Flux, 2017), A Spark of White Fire Book One in the Celestial Series (Sky Pony Press, 2018), Rain, a short story in the anthology Hungry Hearts edited by Elsie Chapman and Caroline Tung Richmond (Simon Pulse, June 2018), A House of Rage and Sorrow Book Two in the Celestial Series (Sky Pony Press, September 2019), Color Outside the Lines, an anthology (Soho Teen, 12th November 2019), A War of Swallowed Stars Book Three in the Celestial Series (Sky Pony Press, June 2021), Kiki Kallira Breaks a Kingdom Book One in the Kiki Kallira series (Viking Children’s, Fall 2021).