When using a field stone, circular patterns like that of using the puck are recommended. I was in the boy scouts for years and all ready knew most of this stuff but for some one who has no experience backpacking, camping or hiking in the woods these books are invaluable, all the stuff people really need to know about the subject. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 31, 2019, A very good book a good review of all the other books by Dave Canterbury but once you have this one you'll want the others, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 7, 2019, Well, just as you'd expect from Dave, another informative and engaging read filled with detailed and relevant information. This book is basically an "Expansion pack" for the base collection. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. This is the perfect book for anyone interested in outdoor survival skills. .orange-text-color {color: #FE971E;} Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration. Please see your welcome email for exclusions and details. #GoWild. Fast, FREE delivery, video streaming, music, and much more. Nobody can fault the author on his knowledge of bushcraft and survival but this book was a bit of a disapointment for me because it would seem after reading his previous books he is getting low on new ideas for new material. See, Bushcraft "Poorly" Illustrated: a Visual "Have an Idea" Guide. The regular version,(non illustrated), is already a great book but being able to see what Dave is talking about is much better. Beginners & Moderately informed people who wish to learn or advance their Bushcraft skill should “not” purchase this book. Unable to add item to List. It will serve well enough on its own as a coffee table / curiosity book, but to truly be an effective tome for survival it needs to be paired with the boxed set containing its predecessors. Book paid for itself in that regard. Similar to the knife, the axe can be sharpened by bench or field stone. SAS Survival Handbook, Third Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Surviving Anywhere. The cover is beautiful. Does this book contain inappropriate content? See Figure 2.74 for the steps to stone sharpen an axe. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Priceless information at a low buying price. It doesn't worth buying for the purpose of learning. Eight strokes away, eight strokes toward, eight alternate. Your review has been submitted and will appear here shortly. He has been published in Self Reliance Illustrated, New Pioneer, American Frontiersman, and Trapper’s World. Would love to meet this man, he’s a great author and the best survivalist bush-crafter out there! “An appealing coffee table book.” —The Wall Street Journal From Dave Canterbury—wilderness expert, New York Times bestselling author, and YouTube sensation—comes a fully illustrated guide to everything you need to know to hone your bushcraft, or wilderness survival skills, from types of shelter, to useful tools, to edible plants—and much more!Before you venture Milk Desserts: 30 Delicious dishes for beginners and professionals, Dave Canterbury is the co-owner and supervising instructor at the Pathfinder School, which. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. This book would make a great gift to anyone with an interest is the outdoors , tons of useful information written in plain English . © 2008-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, includes free international wireless delivery via. Good quality book that makes it easy to reference quickly. † Conditions apply. For a beginner in Bushcraft I would highly recommend Dave’s Bushcraft 101. I just thought it would be more. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 17, 2019. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages that interest you. Priceless information at a low buying price. Sign up to get exclusive offers, the best in books & more. Shame on you Dave Canterbury. Save an extra 10% on almost everything & enjoy free shipping every day. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. There was a problem loading your book clubs. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Bushcraft Illustrated did not fit the bill as a informative bushcraft book. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 13, 2020. “An appealing coffee table book.” —The Wall Street Journal From Dave Canterbury—wilderness expert, New York Times bestselling author, and YouTube sensation—comes a fully illustrated guide to everything you need to know to hone your bushcraft, or wilderness survival skills, from types of shelter, to useful tools, to edible plants—and much more! Just got the book today. This book has come in very handy and well written. It's just a "cool look" book. I would have returned this book, but missed the seven day deadline for kindle refunds. I have lent out Bushcraft 101 to Friends & Family. Nice Visual guide but not much new original material. Nice Visual guide but not much new original material. Its interesting , the book its self is very well made . Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Similar to the knife, the axe can be sharpened by bench or field stone. You may unsubscribe at any time. Even the first day i read it, it taught me so much about different knives and axes and when you would use different ones. Beginners & Moderately informed people who wish to learn or advance their Bushcraft skill should “not” purchase this book. I highly recommend this series of books, Very simple to understand with his pictures and brief but useful descriptions, Reviewed in the United States on May 23, 2019. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. The Bushcraft Boxed Set: Bushcraft 101; Advanced Bushcraft; The Bushcraft Field Guide to Trapping, Gathering, & Cooking in the Wild; Bushcraft First Aid, Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival, Advanced Bushcraft: An Expert Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival, The Bushcraft Field Guide to Trapping, Gathering, and Cooking in the Wild, Bushcraft First Aid: A Field Guide to Wilderness Emergency Care. .orange-text-color {font-weight:bold; color: #FE971E;}View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look. #GoWild. Big fan of Dave, but wow! This new visual heavy format is also a great teaching aid if you have younger people in your home/workplace who you are trying to educate as it can be easier to follow through pictures than by text for some people but by all means every skill level can benefit from this book. Just pure, unadulterated Bushcraft knowledge. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 31, 2019, A very good book a good review of all the other books by Dave Canterbury but once you have this one you'll want the others, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 7, 2019, Well, just as you'd expect from Dave, another informative and engaging read filled with detailed and relevant information. Add to cart Additional Notes. Do you believe that this item violates a copyright? I very much recommend this book . Great entry to this series, but you'll want the base collection first. His knowledge is vast but even the wisest of gurus eventually runs out of new things to say and teach. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books.