In the Patriots' Divisional Round win over the Houston Texans, he injured his left knee in the fourth quarter, which would be another injury he would have to wait to deal with until the end of the playoffs. Martellus Bennett said he received a call from his brother in the hours shortly following the incident, after the Packers had returned home from a preseason game at Denver. “Is it funny or frustrating for you to watch sometimes what the reactions are to these guys?” Glor asked heir father, Michael Bennett Sr. “When they were in college, it really bothered me because I feel like they never got in any trouble with the law, they never hit women, they’re just good guys who are just having fun. Two seconds this way, two seconds that way, the whole thing is different. [28] According to Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones, Bennett was selected not because they needed a backup tight end, but to "add a new dimension" by being part of a two-tight-end offense. You know? So, after his senior season Bennett decided to declare for the 2005 NBA Draft. He is the younger brother of former defensive end Michael Bennett. [62] In Week 4, against the Green Bay Packers, he recorded a career-high 134 yards in the 38–17 loss. On March 16, 2016, Bennett was traded along with a sixth-round draft pick (#204-Jordan Lucas) in the 2016 NFL Draft to the New England Patriots in exchange for a fourth-round pick (#127-Deiondre' Hall) in the 2016 NFL Draft . In his sophomore season, before choosing football, he averaged 0.5 points and 0.5 rebounds. BET Awards 2017 honors Michael and Martellus Bennett for their exceptional accomplishments. "You don't get to spend as much time with family. “It doesn’t bother me at all!” said Michael Bennett Jr. “I’m sure it doesn’t,” Glor said, laughing. Martellus Bennett in 2018 walked away from the NFL in part to focus on his off-the-field passions. [10] In his junior season, he made 49 receptions for 587 yards and four touchdowns. Although he could never realize his playmaking potential as the second-string tight end behind Witten, he did develop as an excellent blocker. Michael Bennett, Jr., né le 13 novembre 1985 à Avondale (Louisiane), est un professionnel américain de football américain jouant au poste de defensive end. You're alive, you lived through it, why tell anyone your story? After Everett's career-ending neck injury in 2007,[99] Bennett chose to honor Everett by wearing his jersey number for two games during his 2007 junior season at Texas A&M. Au niveau universitaire, il joue de 2005 à 2008 pour les Aggies du Texas représentant l' Université A&M du Texas en NCAA Division I FBS. [90] Without Bennett the Patriots reached Super Bowl LII, but the team lost 41-33 to the Philadelphia Eagles. [77] In overtime, he drew a pass interference penalty in the end zone, giving the Patriots the ball at the two-yard line, setting up James White's touchdown run two plays later. On February 7, 2014, Bennett released a new mixtape for free through his Twitter account called Year of the Orange Dinosaur. © 2017 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. [3], As a college football prospect in his senior year of high school, Bennett was a five-star recruit, ranked by Rivals.com as the No. So, it's pretty good to have so much family coming to town this weekend, being able to see him and have dinner with him and talk to him and different things like that -- and then go out there and try to kick his ass.