How to Get, Maintain and Grow Out Chunky Highlights, According to a... Samantha Holender | Makeup.com by L'Oréal. You don’t want anything too cakey, too bright, or too dark. Love! Creating a clean base for your makeup is very important. In this video, she masterfully demonstrates using a light hand with eyeshadow for slight definition without looking like she's wearing too much shadow. By signing up, I agree to receive emails from Makeup.com and other L'Oreal brands and programs. Sounds easier said than done, of course, but that's what YouTube is for. This melanin queen opted for a magenta eyeshadow to accompany her glitter-bombed lips with a dust of gold in the inner tear duct. Choose a color that is just a shade or two darker than your skin tone; anything too dark will take you into dramatic territory. One of the original makeup brands created specifically for women of color, IMAN Cosmetics delivers high-impact products with gorgeous results—and the foundation is one of her standouts. But it doesn't have to be complicated. Use the warmth of your favorite bronzer to achieve this glowing look. Finding the right products to wear when you’re going for, For starters, we always recommend wearing colors close to your natural skin tone, or ones that. 1. With a creamy texture, this wow-inducing formula provides true-to-skin color and a long-lasting finish. Opt for a non traditional eyeliner for a quick pick-me-up. What’s better than a full coverage foundation? Depending on your skin color, blush colors will vary, but peaches tend to look great on everyone. This option from L’Oréal Paris has you covered. Instead opt for a brown eyeliner, which is a bit softer but can still add the drama to your makeup look. Best tip: Prime the eyes with a concealer lighter than your skin tone (and make sure to set it with translucent powder). She gets really detailed about shadow placement, blending, and what types of brushes to use in this tutorial, so even an amateur can easily follow along. It’s perfect for adding a bit of dimension and color to your face without making you appear orange or muddy. They’re just gifted. Get ready to feel more confident than ever! Apply to the natural cheekbone line where pink undertones normally show. The darker the berry, the better the color payoff! While eyeliner is great for a dramatic eye, it doesn’t fit with the natural makeup look. You can add a chocolate colored eye liner on top if you really want to wow them without trying too hard! Plus, it effectively resists sweat, water, and transfer, which means you can pretty much wear it anywhere. Eyeshadow can intimidate a lot of makeup beginners. "Women with deep skin should look for highlighters that look more deep bronze with a hint of warm gold. To apply, use the spatula to dot the foundation throughout your face. What does this mean for those with darker skin? My complexion may be as pale as can be, but give me some sunscreen (SPF 100, please) and makeup that won’t turn my fair skin into an over-bronzed, heavily-blushed mess and I’m OK with it. Sweep a neutral color over your lids for a muted but beautiful eye moment. She blends with just a couple of colors and shows you exactly how to use concealer to "clean up" the lid area so you can make shadows look more perfected. You can apply with your fingers, though Aunique recommends a BeautyBlender for a flawless base. Looking for natural-looking coverage? We scoured the best natural eye makeup tutorials out there—and found the exact products used—so you can finally master the art of daytime eyeshadow, ahead. You don’t want a situation where your face looks like it’s a different shade than your neck. How do you feel about her winged eyeliner? Please note that if you purchase something by clicking on a link within this story, we may receive a small commission of the sale. Instagram has not only become famous for its onslaught of self portraits; it’s literally a mall for makeup mavens.