While every effort is made to ensure that we display correct information Commence your study whenever you wish; studying from wherever you wish, and at your own pace. Describe the ecological requirements, reproduction and life cycles of amphibians. If this is the case, then this Herpetology course is a fantastic introduction to the world of these fascinating animals. Some species are aquatic and live in water throughout their lifespan. rattlesnakes, spiny lizards and suckers. Identify and explain the anatomy and physiology of reptiles. not limited to): pricing, fees and course requirements. Describe the behaviour of a range of different amphibian species. In this course… Start at any time, study from home or where you choose with our self-paced, online course in Herpetology. They hardly enter into the water but prefer to live close to water bodies or wetlands. All reptiles require shelter from the elements and warmth. If habitats are small there needs to be connectivity between these patches to ensure genetic diversity. Explain the management of reptiles and amphibians in captivity. Herpetology, as a scientific study and as a hobby, can have positive impacts on the conservation of threatened reptile and amphibian species. Semi aquatic salamanders prefer to live on land but move to water during winter season for hibernating and with the onset of their breeding season. Thinking of studying herpetology? Animal Taxonomy. The information given is for general information and should not be regarded as advice responsibility for orders or complaints arising from such errors, including (but Herpetology is the study of reptiles and amphibians. Discuss the nature and scope of studies into reptiles and amphibians. Study Herpetology Online. The Common or European Toad (Bufo bufo) can be found in fields, under hedgerows, in gardens and woodlands, in fact anywhere with a good food supply of insects. the right to decline orders arising from such errors. So … you are interested in the study of reptiles and amphibians. They prefer standing water with plenty of weeds, such as lake margins, ponds and ditches, in which to breed. The course content is developed by … Day Geckos of Mauritius, Marine Iguanas, Sand Dunes – eg. environmental, food, etc.) Frogs and Toads (order Anura) spend most of their time out of water except during the breeding season when they will return to mate and lay their eggs. ACS Student comment: " This course has been one of the best learning experiences for me as I have found myself constantly wanting to study despite the fact that I don't enjoy reading. Salamanders (order Urodela) may live in one of three types of habitat.