She can help athletes set realistic but exciting goals for their training or sport, overcome fears or anxieties around competition, teach techniques to deal with those periods when it feels like their mind is self-sabotaging their ambitions and get an athlete to the start of their competitions feeling much more confident. Best known for his role as Chief Instructor on SAS: Who Dares Wins (Channel 4), Ant has become a master of survival and endurance on and off-screen, spurred by his formidable career in the UK’s elite forces, including the Marines, 9 Parachute Squadron and SBS. A TBI Media production for Audible Originals. He says: "It’s all a gradual process, these extreme weight drops and gains aren’t good for the body so I let natural run its course.". Luke works in the world of finance. SAS hardman Ant Middleton says he can't go out for a pint without boozed up punters trying to see how hard he really is by trying to start fights with him on a night out. ‘It was when Ant said, “Do you want to let the team down? He regularly buys gym packages and lets them expire.Things got really hard last year when he was diagnosed with depression and his mum took her own life. Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. The TV star and music industry mogul was left hospitalised earlier this year after a horror bike accident, Rita Ora wows fans as she shares snaps of lookalike sister Elena in sheer top, Rita Ora has stunned fans after sharing a string of snaps online of her lookalike sister Elena to celebrate the brunette beauty's birthday as she turned 32 years old, Piers Morgan's wife Celia Walden says Amanda Holden 'gave her nipple lesson', Journalist, and wife of Piers Morgan, Celia Walden has revealed her good pal Amanda Holden gave her 'an anatomy class about nipples' while the columnist interviewed the TV judge, Morrisons, Tesco and Sainsbury's workers expose shoppers' most annoying habits, Staff members from Morrisons, Tesco and Sainsbury’s have lifted the lid on what really annoys them when they’re on shift – and it'll certainly surprise you, Birthday girl shares glam snap – but is mortified as pals spot 'penis' in background, A 22-year-old proudly shared pictures from her birthday celebration. Kelly is a mental health nurse from Nottingham. We spoke to the Garmin ambassador about what it takes to overcome our civilian flaws Being athletic is the bare minimum; this isn’t a boot camp. "I think you just need to listen to your body, I personally eat a lot of carbs and protein but this isn’t necessarily right for everyone," he tells The Sun Online. Here, Ant, who is the face of Garmin, talks us through his top tips to getting in shape - without splurging your hard-earned money on an expensive gym membership. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. Ultimately, when it came to the crunch, Anthea knew that handing over her number five badge would be for the greater good, even if others might disagree. I would always be at the back. lot of whining. She entered the Paris Marathon but gave up before the half-way mark. ", I buy £300 worth of Tesco food for just £40 every week & here's how you can too. Free for members. ant adds very little to this. The Virgin Money London Marathon is her redemption story. Deleted this from my device as I lost all respect for this man over his views on the virus. Our. Ant Middleton is ex-SBS, ... During selection you’re running on empty for long periods of times. Ant says he's a fan of the Garmin Fenix 6 watch as it means he can plan running routes wherever he is in the country. SAS: Who Dares Wins continues next Monday at 9pm on Channel 4. We spoke to the Garmin ambassador about what it takes to overcome our civilian flaws. Lauren is running the Virgin Money London Marathon in support of WaterAid, an international organisation focused on water, sanitation and hygiene. This is an Audible Original Podcast. Ant Middleton cannot go for a pint in the pub because boozed-up punters want to start fights with him. "One feature that has always helped with my training is the GPS system. Ant recommends investing in a fitness watch which can help you track your progress. She has worked in over 20 sports with novice athletes just starting out through to world champions trying to set new records.Josephine helps athletes to overcome barriers to their success and teaches them mental conditioning skills to make them more comfortable and confident in their sport. Mara Yamauchi is the UK's second-fastest female marathon runner ever, with a PB of 2:23:12. Ant Middleton cannot go for a pint in the pub because boozed-up punters want to start fights with him. ‘Even though Ant was enjoying calling me Grandma there were times when I was thinking, “I’m not old enough to be your grandma, you’re not going to rile me. I knew that dependant on the order challenges came in if it was something where I had to be cool and calm and not lose my head my maturity would stand for me, not against me.’. What it takes to dress 22 kids as Britain’s biggest fam show off Primark haul, British woman, 26, adopts 14 orphans after gap year trip to Africa, McDonald’s worker reveals what the hollow end of a McFlurry spoon is for, ©News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. Tonight’s instalment saw the former Blue Peter presenter dive off a helicopter backwards into ice cold waters with more precision than any of her teammates. ), you will start to miss out on exercise days.". He may look as though he's solid protein, but Ant urges those wanting to lose weight to focus on "balance". View our online Press Pack. "It means I can go on a run wherever I am in the country and they will create a route for me, so handy when you are on tour and still trying to keep fit. “I’ll try to go to the toilet and the same group who earlier were asking for selfies and praising my shows now block my path as if to say, ‘See if the SAS man can get past me’. She can’t bring herself to print her training schedule in case she misses a run – she fears the reminder that she’s failed will cause her to spiral. The watch also comes with other features including full topographic maps and GPS, as well as PacePro which gives you a full view of elevation changes when out running or training.