That typifies his reliability, his application and his incredible ability to find the footy.

Why Sam Walsh should win: Looks every bit a future 250-game captain of the Carlton Football Club. Petta Trailer, No.1 draft pick, Blues midfielder earn Rising Star nominations. The award comes barely 24 hours after Walsh claimed the AFL Players' Association Best First-Year Player honour on Thursday night, making it a memorable week for the youngster. The venue was changed at the last minute after engineers discovered the dock at Central Pier had rapidly deteriorated and was considered no longer safe. Plays like a veteran, is just as comfortable inside as outside, is prolific, skilful and brave, and doesn't have a detectable weakness. “In my first year I definitely didn’t feel like I had the season I wanted to, but I feel like I’m more prepared this time around,” she said. Deakin University had just hours to move its Commerce Ball from the site, but was accommodated by Miss Collins in the city. Cam Zurhaar (North Melbourne).

Reporter Ben Collins looks at the nominees. Stats tell only part of the story of a mature, driven youngster who immediately started setting standards for his teammates to follow the moment he arrived at Carlton. MISSED THE FINALS? He averaged 25.1 disposals, 5.1 marks, 3.4 clearances and 3.2 tackles per game, breaking the record for most touches amassed by a first-year player in Champion Data history. Lachie could join Brisbane greats. Sam Walsh (Carlton)4.

“At the time, I was upset and hated having to watch footy from the sidelines. Australian Football League. St Kilda defender Josh Battle with a banged-up nose. Sydney Stack (Richmond)2. The AFL Rising Star is an Australian rules football award presented annually to the player adjudged the best young player in the Australian Football League (AFL) for the year. In just 69 per cent game time he amassed 31 possessions (behind only Cats superstar Patrick Dangerfield's 37) and nailing a long set shot. Bailey Smith (Western Bulldogs)3. ... 2019 Rising Star winner is Sam Walsh of the Carlton Blues. Picture: AFL Photos, 60 – Sam Walsh (Carlton) – 55555555555538 – Connor Rozee (Port Adelaide) – 44444433331135 – Sydney Stack (Richmond) – 44433333331119 – Bailey Smith (Western Bulldogs) – 44322228 – Oscar Allen (West Coast) – 42116 – Xavier Duursma (Port Adelaide) – 22115 – Cam Zurhaar (North Melbourne) – 2214 – Gryan Miers (Geelong) - 223 – Nick Blakey (Sydney) – 212 – Josh Battle (St Kilda) – 11, Nat Edwards with all the latest Grand Final news, Damian Barrett and Callum Twomey with all the latest Grand Final and trade news, Cats fans get THAT finals feeling as Gary Ablett kicks one of his iconic running…, Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley has been recognised for his superb season, Brad Ebert has already agreed to pass on his jumper number for next season, Check out the eight-part series exploring the flag journeys of the AFL champions from…, Access All Areas discusses how Geelong will match up on Dustin Martin, and why…, Patrick Dangerfield has no concerns with the health of star teammate, This content is unavailable in your region.