I believe in forever altering one’s aspect to the sun.” – Virginia Woolf, 12. Maturity formed through so many desires, hopes, regrets, forgotten things, loves. “Some guy said to me, ‘Don’t you think you’re too old to sing rock n’ roll?’ I said, ‘You’d better check with Mick Jagger.” – Cher, 25. “I look forward to being older, when what you look like becomes less and less an issue and what you are is the point.” – Susan Sarandon, 13. These young at heart quotes will remind you to enjoy more at any age. Anyone who keeps the ability to see … Your email address will not be published. 1. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.”, “No woman ever ages beyond eighteen in her heart.”, “The happiest adults are those who never buried old toys or abandoned imaginary friends.”, “At the time I now write of, Father Mapple was in the hardy winter of a healthy old age; that sort of old age which seems merging into a second flowering youth, for among all the fissures of his wrinkles, there shone certain mild gleams of a newly developing bloom - the spring verdure peeping forth even beneath February's snow.”, “don’t say you’se ole. If you want to stay young at heart, you have to keep your brain up to speed. Lewis, 24. “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” – Mark Twain, 38. You get irritable.” – Doris Lessing, 44. Welcome back. In age we understand.” – Ebner-Eschenbach, 47. Under 35, a man has too much to learn and I don’t have time to teach him.” – Hedy Lamarr. Don’t forget to also check out these getting older quotes that will make you embrace the beauty in aging. Perhaps, it will be best if we can seize our every moment, make something good out of it, and learn from the pains and joys that would come out of it. “You know, when I first went into the movies Lionel Barrymore played my grandfather. I don’t feel my age and I don’t act my age. “I don’t look my age. I think growing older is a wonderful privilege. “You know you’re old when you’re watching ‘Karate Kid’ and you realize you’re more attracted to Mr. Miagi than Ralph Macchio.” – Hayley Linfield, 33. “The good thing about being old is not being young.” – Stephen Richards, 27. You are as old as you think you are.”- Muhammad Ali, 42. Words have the power to change the world. “Age is whatever you think it is. If you want to stay young at heart, you have to keep your brain up to speed. You’se uh lil girl baby all de time. The spin you put on it is what will keep you young. Although this philosophy can be interpreted in many different ways, it can also mean anyone gifted with life is gifted with the opportunity to age and live longer – old and young alike. They grow careful.” – Ernest Hemingway, 22. Those who are rich should really enjoy life more. “At age 20, we worry about what others think of us. “It’s paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone but the idea of getting old doesn’t appeal to anyone.” – Andy Rooney, 19. things a little more at every moment in your life. If he had lived, I’m sure I would have played his mother. Everything is fleeting including life itself. Required fields are marked *, 50 Real Estate Quotes to Motivate You to Invest, 50 First Day of School Quotes That Will Get You Ready for The Year, 50 Self-Respect Quotes To Remind You How Much You Matter, 170 Famous Movie Quotes From Your Favorite Characters, 260 Depression Quotes On Mental Health To Help You Feel Understood, 100 Sunday Quotes Celebrating the Upcoming Week, 50 Strength Quotes To Remind Us That We Are Indestructable, 155 Mother Daughter Quotes Expressing Unconditional Love, 60 Funny The Office Quotes Worthy of The Dundie Awards, 160 Tupac Quotes on Life, Love, And Being Real That Will Inspire You, 50 Uplifting Quotes For Life’s Tough Moments, 185 Beautiful Quotes on The Natural Beauty of Life, 165 Quotes About Change In Your Life and In The World, 70 Ruth Bader Ginsburg Quotes on Standing for Justice, Published on January 11, 2020 7:15 AM EST, 49 Leonardo Di Vinci Quotes About Life and Art, 50 Desmond Tutu Quotes To Encourage Togetherness, 30 Elf Quotes - Hilarious Quotes From The Movie Elf, 90 Good Man Quotes To Inspire You To Do Your Best, 54 Business Motivational Quotes about Massive Success. That’s the way it is in Hollywood. Just open your mind. because you're another year older doesn't mean you have to act a 15. “No, that is the great fallacy: the wisdom of old men. Maturity reached slowly and against many obstacles, illnesses cured, griefs and despairs overcome, and unconscious risks taken. While you may be growing older in years, there's no reason to forget to laugh, love and enjoy the simple It finds us true children.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe “Age swallows our childhood.” – Terri Guillemets, 43. What’s your biggest takeaway from these age quotes and sayings? “Young men speak about the future because they have no past, and old men speak of the past because they have no future.” – Boyd K. Packer, 50. At age 60, we discover they haven’t been thinking of us at all.” – Ann Landers, 45. While growing old is usually associated with wisdom, some tend to disagree believing age has nothing to do with maturity. In my youth, the athletes had crew cuts and the hippies had long hair. “Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. “Age should not have its face lifted, but it should rather teach the world to admire wrinkles as the etchings of experience and the firm line of character.” – Clarence Day, 6. Just because you are getting older doesn't mean you have to feel older. You can be wise and still young at heart. Learn from it, and let it make you better.” – Jayleigh Cape, 2. I say it’s more about the state of your body.” – Geoffrey Parfitt, 48. There are so many things I won’t live long enough to find out about, but I’m still curious about them.” – Betty White, 8. If she tells you she’s twenty-six and looks twenty-six, she’s damn near forty.” – Chris Rock, 15. Now the athletes have long hair and the hippies are bald.” – Harley King, 7. “I am not young enough to know everything.” – Oscar Wilde, 11. Please Log In or add your name and email to post the comment. Quotes About Being Young at Heart for All Ages. it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. “Sometimes age succeeds, sometimes it fails. Age puts restrictions on things.” – Karl Pilkington, 14. You've got to fight to stay inspired, and you've got to fight to learn new things and stay young in your heart. “Age is just a number. Don't make age define what you should do or not. Stay interested in stuff. “Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. These quotes about being young at heart will inspire you to seize every moment. “Men are most virile and attractive between the ages of 35 and 55. Interviews and Podcasts on Everyday Power, Taking Care of Your Needs is Not Selfish, It Is Necessary. certain way. To me age is just a number.” – Joan Collins, 46. “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, ‘It’s not the days that are old, it’s you that’s old.’ I hate the good old days. “Age does not matter if the matter does not age.” – Carlos P. Romulo, 36. You've got it going on, and then you have your kids, and you give your whole life to your kids, and then they're kind of gone, and like, what do you do? Just “Age does not make us childish as some say. “People say that age is just a state of mind. Age “Even from a very early age, I knew I didn’t want to miss out on anything life had to offer just because it might be considered dangerous.” – Nicole Kidman, 9. To give you a glimpse of how diverse the concept of aging really is to many, here are age quotes from famous people including celebrities whose fame and success are anchored upon youth, energy and yes, being pretty. It’s totally irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine.” – Joan Collins, 40. “Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.” – Paulo Coelho, 37. ...While not everyone has the ability to stay young at heart. If you are a little down because of your age, it's normal. ...While not everyone has the ability to stay young at heart. 13. It's just a matter of what we've collected around ourselves from our experiences to obstruct what's at the center. “Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth.” – J. K. Rowling, 39. Use them mindfully. wanting to find the youthful spirit within yourself. We all end up wondering what happen to our enthusiasm for life as we get older. “As you get older, you don’t get wiser. “I think people would live a bit longer if they didn’t know how old they were. You're sexy when you're young. “Age is no guarantee of maturity.” – Lawana Blackwell, 41. You can be wise and still young at heart. If you are a little down because of your age, it's normal. The reverse is true. Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? “You don’t stop laughing because you grow old. Still, others would rather avoid or ignore the subject. “Wrinkles should merely indicate where the smiles have been.” – Mark Twain, 31. That's why we compiled this list of young at heart quotes which will have you Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. This gift of aging is not given to everyone and so must not be wasted by those who are privileged to use and make something out of it. Let us know in the comment section below. I believe one stays the same.” – Hayao Miyazaki, 16. Server responsed at: 10/20/2020 4:05 p.m. All texts are contributed by our excellent writers. Young at heart is the most important thing regardless of old appearance. The men get younger and the women get older.” – Lillian Gish, 34. “Someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.” – C.S. I want to learn to glorify God in every stage of my life.” – Elisabeth Elliot, 10. “A man’s age is something impressive, it sums up his life. “If a woman tells you she’s twenty and looks sixteen, she’s twelve. “George Macdonald said, ‘If you knew what God knows about death you would clap your listless hands’, but instead I find old people in North America just buying this whole youth obsession. 14. “Don’t try to be young. “About the only thing that comes to us without effort is old age.” – Gloria Pitzer, 3. “There is a fountain of youth. “All things old become new again. “Youth is the gift of nature but age is a work of art.” – Stanislaw Jerzy Lec, These age quotes are diverse but somehow, they partly mirror the philosophy behind a popular saying, “Youth is wasted on the young.”. We view age and aging differently. You grow old because you stop laughing.” – Michael Pritchard, 32. What is important is that today is good.” – Karl Lagerfeld, 30. Lea Thompson Discover and share Young At Heart Quotes. At age 40, we don’t care what they think of us. 21. - The Malwatch”, “Some old people keep young at heart in spite of wrinkles and gray hairs, can sympathize with children's little cares and joys, make them feel at home, and can hide wise lessons under pleasant plays, giving and receiving friendship in the sweetest way.”, “The true beauty of Christmas is revealed when we adore the season, not like some weary adult, but like a bubbly little child.”, Making Wishes: Quotes, Thoughts, & a Little Poetry for Every Day of the Year. “In youth we learn. They do not grow wise. “Age is of no importance unless you’re a cheese.” – Billie Burke, 5. “Old age ain’t no place for sissies.” – Bette Davis, 23.