Something I've always dreamed of since I was a young boy to play in the Premier League, it really is a dream come true. Aston Villa seem to be in pole position to secure the right-back’s signature, but we will bring you any updates throughout the day - as well as news of any potential further incomings. Aston Villa have agreed a £16m deal with Nottingham Forest for right-back Matty Cash. "We are delighted to welcome Matty to Villa and believe we have secured one of England's brightest young prospects," said Villa manager Dean Smith. Follow all the news and analysis on Sky Sports News and across Sky Sports' digital platforms, including with our dedicated Transfer Centre blog. BBC East Midlands Today presenter Dominic Heale leaving show after 20 years, It has been revealed the 59-year-old presenters last show will be on October 23, Mansfield MP 'hopeful' Tier 3 discussions will not include town in county-wide approach, He has again urged local councils to stand with him, Pensioner fears she won't cope if Mapperley becomes Tier 3, 'I like to come out everyday otherwise I would be miserable', Woman taken to hospital after house fire in Toton, Firefighters from across the region were called out, Nottingham reacts to news of Tier 3 talks with the Government this week, Shoppers and businesses react to news that Nottingham could become Tier 3, 'Lazy' to put North Notts with city if Tier 3 brought in, says MP, "We need to let people carry on as normally as they can. Smith said: "We are delighted to welcome Matty to Villa and believe we have secured one of England's brightest young prospects. Get all the sports news you need, direct to your inbox. Cash is Villa's first signing ahead of the 2020/21 season. I’m delighted and looking forward to getting stuck in. I’m not too sure if I’ll feature against Pat’s, I don’t want to get stuck in and rush back when I might not be fully able for it. Start of a new month - and not long until the new season kicks off! "My agent rang me and said that Villa were interested, and immediately it was the place I wanted to come to," Cash said. Forest fans snapping up tickets to watch Reds in action against Basford, Test event boosts hopes of Nottingham Forest fans’ City Ground return, ‘Strange one’ - Forest loanee Marcus McGuane reflects on career path so far, As things stand.... No deal currently in place with Aston Villa for Matty Cash - but that could change quickly, Former Nottingham Forest academy graduate joins 17th club, Matty Cash ‘agrees terms’ with Aston Villa as Forest face up to reality of losing star man. "It's been a crazy journey from the age of 17, getting released at Wycombe Wanderers to kicking on. Leeds midfielder Kalvin Phillips faces six-week lay-off with shoulder injury, Manchester United: Phil Jones and Sergio Romero left out of 25-man Premier League squad, Champions League: How to watch, odds, start time, predictions, Troy Aikman and Joe Buck perfectly slam flyovers amid COVID-19 pandemic on hot mic, Millionaire Options Trader's Top Weekly Picks, The NFL's passing yardage leader after six weeks? "Absolutely buzzing to have signed a 5 year deal at Aston Villa. "Signing for Villa is a huge moment, and I want to thank everyone who's supported me through this process. Ben Osborn scoring at Pride Park. Aston Villa have signed Nottingham Forest defender Matty Cash in a deal worth a reported £16 million ($21 million). A source close to Cash has told Sky Sports News that Villa boss Dean Smith was a big factor in his decision to make the move from Forest and that the 23-year-old is excited by the prospect of playing in the Premier League. Matty Cash was Forest's player of the year as they narrowly missed out on the Championship play-offs last season. Matty Cash has joined Aston Villa on a five-year deal from Nottingham Forest. Cash scored eight times in 41 appearances last season as Forest just failed to make the Championship play-offs. you love to see it... Former Forest boss ‘a big influence’ as Reds-linked defender joins Championship rivals. Villa have made a breakthrough in their attempts to land Cash after seeing a number of previous bids rejected. "He has an excellent playing record for a young player and we believe he will settle in easily and continue his rapid development into a top full-back.". Still Dak Prescott, ESPN's Maria Taylor receives support from colleagues after sharing hate message directed at family, The Rush: Cardinals soar as Cowboys collapse without Dak Prescott, How He Made $2.8M Trading Stocks Part-Time At Home, Chris Froome suffers as Primoz Roglic wins mountainous opening stage of Vuelta, Classic Spy Photos Of The Week: Aborted Acura NSX With V10 Engine. Villa boss Dean Smith said: "We are delighted to welcome Matty to Villa and believe we have secured one of England's brightest young prospects. Sheffield United and West Ham also reportedly made bids for the right-back. Hello all. "He has an excellent playing record for a young player and we believe he will settle in easily and continue his rapid development into a top full-back.".