Get up and fill in your body outline with color. Play some good, lively music. Hold up the first colored paper and elicit the color (e.g. Change ). Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), http://www.facebook.com/TeachingEnglish.BritishCouncil, http://www.tuneintoenglish.com/?page_id=77, 14 Song-Based Lesson Plans and Activities – On the same page – LEARNING ENGLISH WITH TANIA, English Lessons: 14 Song-Based Lesson Plans and Activities | BroadyELT, 4 Great Authentic Materials To Use in ESL Lessons With Teens & Adults, 4 Great Authentic Materials To Use in ESL Lessons With Teens | Fluentize, For the joy of home: a vocabulary-building activity, Transforming everyday objects: two lesson examples, Two online tools to practise speaking and listening skills with emoji, Extensive reading and learner autonomy: 10 websites, 5 activities for the first days of school, Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. In Parties, Story Maps and All That Jazz, the students work on comprehension skills, identifying and analysing story elements, making predictions and discussing the events in the story.
Little did I know, he also has this amazing book, I See a… Although I know I like using music in my teaching, I never thought there would be so much of it on this blog when I started it over a year ago. Many more available fonts! Have them walk around the classroom, coloring in a bit of each circle with the same colors you used. This post won the British Council’s TeachingEnglish Blog of the Month Award for May 2017. Wrap up the lesson with some ideas from our "Warm Up & Wrap Up" page. Just to let you know that we’ve shortlisted this blog post for this month’s TeachingEnglish blog award and I’ll be putting up a post about it on today’s TeachingEnglish Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/TeachingEnglish.BritishCouncil, if you’d like to check there for comments. This helps my second graders with their English Language Development, increases their knowledge about the USA, encourages the development of patriotism, improves their singing skill, and is enjoyable too! Opening Song Grades Primary Working on Connected Speech: The Fresh Prince.

Now have a classmate trace all around you with a black crayon—while you try to hold your pose. You can even invite a student to come up to the board and touch the colors with you.
A rainbow high in the blue sky. Check to make sure that everyone is using the correct colors. There are a number of activities you can do as you sing along to the song: We also have a video that you can stream in class to sing along with (Internet connection required): 7. 4.

All Rights Reserved. Using the theme song from “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air”, students recognise and practise the various features of connected speech which make the stress pattern and rhythm of English so distinctive. Stars and Stripes Forever (sing chorus only, discuss the meanings of the many verses) Students play lots of action-packed games, sing The Rainbow song, read a fun story about colors and do a coloring activity worksheet. All subscriptions support The Teacher's Corner. To view and print a flashcard or worksheet click on the thumbnail image. Songs are fun, authentic sources with multiple possibilities in the classroom, but the main reason for having published 14 lesson plans and activities based on songs here is to a large extent due to copyright issues: while lyrics and songs are easily available for everyone online, access to other types of authentic texts is more limited because of copyright constraints. How to Make a Lesson Plan. Demonstrate by shouting out a color (e.g. 3. Verse 1: Sing "The Rainbow Song" The NAMM Foundation is a non-profit organization with the mission of advancing active participation in music making across the lifespan by supporting scientific research, philanthropic giving and public service programs from the international music products industry. – “The Rime of the Ancient Mariner”.

And helps me to succeed! Because I love to read! Walk around the class and color a small part of each circle with one color (always say the color as you are coloring). Additional worksheet - Colors of the crayons.