He had the air of laying at her feet, as a rug, the whole glorious history of France.

While in some cases nearly identical to whole, total implies that everything has been counted, weighed, measured, or considered.

Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free!

Find another word for entire. During the whole of the ensuing day, Paralus continued in a deep sleep. Antonyms for whole. What made you want to look up whole? While all these words mean "including everything or everyone without exception," whole implies that nothing has been omitted, ignored, abated, or taken away. “Conducting operations from restricted working areas, Opposite of consisting of the entire, or whole of, one unit of something, Opposite of including all the services or items normally expected or required, “The achievement has now put him in an elite and, Opposite of involving a full or complete view or approach, “I think it would be beneficial if we minimized the amount of, “We need to do a clean out of our refrigerator as a lot of the food inside is now, Opposite of restricted to the person, group, or area concerned, Opposite of of the greatest possible degree or amount, “He had resided in that part of the island where he had the, Opposite of in an entire, and undivided, state, Opposite of of or relating to everyone in the world or everyone in a particular place or society, Opposite of including a wide variety of things, Opposite of having healthy and sound mental faculties, Opposite of denoting increased dedication on an individual level toward an issue or cause, “This issue is trivial and hardly worth more than my, “She had just shaken off a severe illness and looked, “Don't be ridiculous!
Whole: not divided or scattered among several areas of … Another word for whole. 'Whole Milk', 'British English', and 16... “Whole.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/whole. It will only take a, Opposite of a thing that is complete in itself, Opposite of the total amount of something that exists, An individual thing or person regarded as single and complete but which can also form an individual component of a larger or more complex whole, Opposite of the central or greater part of something, Opposite of the act of counting or numbering things, Opposite of in an undivided or unbroken piece, “I would choke if I didn't cut that huge tablet, Opposite of without deduction of tax or other contributions, Opposite of recently procured or harvested, Opposite of bright or healthy in appearance.

'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Name that government! Find more ways to say whole, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.

Specifically, entire may suggest a state of completeness or perfection to which nothing can be added.

Find another word for whole.

Find more ways to say entire, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? It proved to be a sign some twenty feet high and a whole block long.

Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). Now it assembles the blossoms of a whole long year to bewilder and allure.

The words entire and whole are synonyms, but do differ in nuance. Delivered to your inbox! I think, on the whole, I shan't be obliged to learn to braid straw. What does 'poke' refer to in the expression 'pig in a poke'. Top antonyms for whole (opposite of whole) are partial, part and incomplete.

Build a city of skyscrapers—one synonym at a time. Learn a new word every day.

45 synonyms of entire from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 57 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Absentee Ballot vs. Mail-In Ballot: Is There A Difference?

Another word for entire.

Accessed 20 Oct. 2020. Opposite of constituting or referring to all of something, “Members of the public were only allowed to see an, “It annoys me when cars are improperly parked, taking up two, “The vase shattered on the ground, and all that was left was a pile of, Opposite of containing the maximum possible amount of that which can fit in the space available, “I regret stuffing myself at the buffet as I'm starting to feel a bit, Opposite of not having had objectionable content removed, Opposite of devoted completely to one object, Opposite of characterized by the lack of artificial additives or preservative treatment, Opposite of without any imperfections or defects; perfect, Opposite of free or safe from injury or violation, “The company constantly uses nonrecurring items such as restructuring charges to make its. Join our early testers! In fact, a large portion of the whole book was built on that anecdote. The whole rested on a golden image of Atlas, bending beneath the weight.

Or something like that.
Entire: not divided …

35 synonyms of whole from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 70 related words, definitions, and antonyms. not divided or scattered among several areas of interest or concern, not lacking any part or member that properly belongs to it, ‘Fascism’: The Word’s Meaning and History. Find more ways to say on the whole, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. I've got a New York paper giving an account of the whole thing.

If it may be avoided, I will not see the whole of your youth consumed in anxious watchings. Whole antonyms.