We’ve been playing some of the same songs for six years now and then when you play something new you probably give off a bit more energy I guess.

I do also still listen to all my old stuff. We played a song called ‘Be Your Drug’ for the first time last night and that was really cool because we’d never played that and we’re playing our single that’s out at the moment called “Jacqueline” and it’s great. This double album, unlike some other recent offerings that boast two individual sides on one same album (Coldplay’s ‘Everyday Life’, containing first side ‘Sunrise’ and the second ‘Sunset’, comes to mind), is two entirely different records glued together. Required fields are marked *. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam.

The track “Call Your Name” may be one of the best on the album.

All are necessary and complete the human experience. "—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.

This adds extra depth to their overall feel-good indie vibe. There’s a common theme of vocal heavy tracks throughout the whole album, and the bands vocals are utilised as extra instruments. Lyrically, it’s heartbreaking: “Maybe I’m falling back in time / Maybe I’m waiting for the moment you find a lifeline.” The carefree guitars take a backseat, making way for ceremonial organ. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Post was not sent - check your email addresses!

‘Be Your Drug’ has a slightly different, more edgy feeling as it is more centred around an electric guitar.

Circa Waves announced their second album Different Creatures on 24 November 2016, releasing the first single from the album "Wake Up" the same day. While it could be considered somewhat self-indulgent to wallow in these drawn out and breathy songs, there is something both relaxing and cathartic about letting them to play out for a moment amidst other distractions. The euphoric feeling of basking in the summer sun, road-tripping across the country and looking back on memories from childhood are all encapsulated within Circa Waves’ Sad Happy.
Keeping you up to date with Exeter's music. We were in this two million pound mansion and we just got to hang out there for the day so that’s my favourite video that we’ve done for a long time.

"Circa Waves have announced their new album, 'What's It Like Over There?

Kieran: Yeah!

Blending happy melodies with melancholic lyrics, Circa Waves ponders how one understands emotions that seem to be almost indistinguishable. It debuted at Number 10 on the UK Albums Chart. The band is led by singer, songwriter and guitarist Kieran Shudall, and supported by guitarist Joe Falconer, bassist Sam Rourke, and drummer Colin Jones. Where the mood shifts more is on the second track, “Wake Up Call.” This begins to separate the second side with deep synths replacing the guitars that provided the heavy vibes on this track.

Your email address will not be published.