Start the Revolution Without Me by Gene Wilder. Please try again. Produced and directed by comedy veteran Bud Yorkin, Start the Revolution Without Me broke ground for a comedy revolution. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Start the Revolution Without Me [VHS] at Amazon.com. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Whatever one's reaction, most viewers will find the stars well worth watching and will be delightfully surprised by the wonderful comic performance of Hugh Griffith as Louis XVI. A lineup like that must have had a tremendous Start.Start the Revolution Without Me (DVD) Specifications. Very zany comedy (with Orson Welles as the narrator), where two sets of twins are mismatched and given to their respective families, one poor commoners and one titled. Can I help it if I have this enormous stride....look at it Man! Here at Walmart.com, we are committed to protecting your privacy. In the years following Start the Revolution Without Me, Woody Allen, Mel Brooks and the Abrahams/Zucker/Zucker team would all create madcap comedy masterpieces. One set grows up to be aristocratic swashbucklers; the other set are peasants. Gene Wilder and Donald Sunderland are at their comic best, supported by a panoply of British stars, including Billie Whitelaw and Victor Spinetti. It still had us laughing. Format: DVD. Movie Genre: Comedy. Click or Press Enter to view the items in your shopping bag or Press Tab to interact with the Shopping bag tooltip. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Start the Revolution Without Me ( DVD, 1969 ) Gene Wilder ~ OOP at the best online prices at eBay! Reviewed in the United States on October 19, 2016, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 1, 2017. Manufacturer Part Number: 1000250035.

Editorial Reviews. It takes the tumultuous 'let them eat cake' days of the French Revolution and gives everyone a figurative pie in the face.

There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. A great disappointment, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 5, 2016. What can you say about a movie that has Louis XVI decked out in a metallic chicken suit at a palace reception? Learn how to enable JavaScript on your browser, Start the Revolution without Me available in ©1997-2020 Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Inc. 122 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10011. Start the Revolution Without Me, DVD, Full Frame, Manufactured on Demand, Mono Sound, Comedy-Contemporary, 883316397237 Free shipping for many products! A hilarious retelling of the Corsican brothers story. I find Gene Wilder's performance to be hilarious. There's also some opulent visuals, which tend to work against the actual comedy but are quite attractive on their own terms. More exactly, where was I?

DVD. Ratings and reviews. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Start the Revolution Without Me has developed something of a cult following in the decades since its release, comprised largely of fans of stars Donald Sutherland and Gene Wilder and of the anarchic, anything-goes farcical style of mid-'70s Mel Brooks. It was a bit before its time, and started the movement for later comedies such as Young Frankenstein. Stylistically copying the film Tom Jones adds to sophisticated look of this one. Two sets of twins are mismatched at birth so that years later, each set will have one Gene Wilder and one Donald Sutherland. A lineup like that must have had a tremendous Start.Start the Revolution Without Me (DVD), Donald Sutherland, Billie Whitelaw, Hugh Griffith, Jack MacGowran, Gene Wilder, Graham Stark, If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact, Electrode, Comp-d53ce9ff-3aa2-4feb-b5d0-f06d27bd3330, DC-eus2-prod-a9, ENV-prod-a, PROF-PROD, VER-20.0.40, SHA-41ed8468826085770503056bd2c9bc8be5b55386, CID-745fffb8-007-17545bf0c22a58, Generated: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 11:22:29 GMT, Electrode, Comp-197231b2-3e96-41cf-906f-4c35ed09db05, DC-eus2-prod-a3, ENV-prod-a, PROF-PROD, VER-37.11.0, SHA-005a0cb239b9883d22c7bbcfdaf41c1698db0827, CID-bf8cfedf-007-17545d69a33f41, Generated: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 11:48:13 GMT, Error: Please enter a valid ZIP code or city and state. This movie set the tone for all those movies. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Wit, humour, good acting and gorgeous costumes and sets. Lucas M Super Reviewer. So if you find a current lower price from an online retailer on an identical, in-stock product, tell us and we'll match it. Great cast, I've seen most of them in other things over the years. There's a problem loading this menu right now. This button opens a dialog that displays additional images for this product with the option to zoom in or out. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. We aim to show you accurate product information.
Orson Welles offers an amusing cameo as...Orson Welles. We’re having technical issues, but we’ll be back in a flash. To ensure we are able to help you as best we can, please include your reference number. Start The Revolution Without Me on DVD (085392752027) from Warner Bros.. Reviewed in the United States on January 9, 2017.

Rollicking Ribald Raucous Revolutionary Romp, Reviewed in the United States on May 1, 2014. Happy to be taken for nobles, the pair soon runs to escape the guillotine in the wake of the French Revolution's blood purge of the upper class and royalty. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 10, 2018.

Risqué jokes are peppered throughout the film. In the years following Start the Revolution Without Me, Woody Allen, Mel Brooks and the Abrahams/Zucker/Zucker team would all create madcap comedy masterpieces.

Overpriced as a result of this also awash with Spanish explanations etc. Laughing my head off at Blazing Saddles, M.A.S.H., and the other irreverent comedies in the day, I overlooked this one, Start the Revolution Without Me. The film quality and sound was poor. Gene Wilder and Donald Sutherland are superb in their dual roles. There are some things, such as the ball at the palace, that work tremendously well; there are, unfortunately, many others that simply fall flat. Start the Revolution without me DVD 1969 Start the Revolution Without Me In times prior to the French Revolution, two sets of twins are separated at birth. Directed by Bud Yorkin. DVD & Streaming TV News ... Looks like Mel Brooks' material, anyway Start The Revolution Without Me is terrific and unforgettble!. AU $35.10 +AU $10.74 postage.

Princess Helene de Sisi's gown and hairstyle is lifted straight out of the 18th Century. Send me an email when my question is answered, We're committed to providing low prices every day, on everything. Your email address will never be sold or distributed to a third party for any reason.

In a hilarious fluke of fate, they crisscross across classes.

You can view Barnes & Noble’s Privacy Policy.