… and if you feel the need to say you’ve been above 12k, you can climb up the small hill next to the road, to make up the additional 10 feet. © 2006-2020 SummitPost.org. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), August Road Trip: Where to Travel in August & Late Summer, September Road Trip: Where to Travel in September & Early Fall, October Road Trip: Where to Travel in October, November Road Trip: Where to Travel in November, December Road Trip: Where to Travel in December, January Road Trip: Where to Travel in January & Winter, February Road Trip: Where to Travel in February and Winter, March Road Trip: Where to Travel in March and early Spring, April Road Trip: Where to Travel in April, Spring Trip Suggestions, May Road Trip: Where to Travel in May and Late Spring, Winter Hikes: 9: Guadalupe Peak, Highest Point in Texas, La Verkin Overlook, Near Zion National Park, Tenderfoot Hill and the DIY Financial Plan | Targeted Wealth Solutions, Spiral Drive, To The Big “S” on Tenderfoot Mountain, Salida, Banff National Park: Bow Valley Parkway: Route 1A, Visiting some Comrades in Kremlin, Montana, Hike to Guadalupe Peak: Highest Point in Texas, Why I Drove All the Way to Malta, Montana. But I was determined to go back and do it with better preparation, and I did. Take in the scenery while enjoying scenic drives, hiking through forests, road biking, and exploring our IMBA Gold Level Ride Center recognized mountain bike trails. 6 reviews #9 of 15 Outdoor Activities in Loveland "This is a good trail close to home that … 12,915 is a 900’ ascent, giving you the most altitude gain at one time. 13 reviews. Accessible year-round. Coming from the east down US Highway 6 on the way to Arapahoe Basin Ski Area you will go through Loveland Pass (elevation 11,990 feet).
admin. LOCATED: Top of Loveland Pass, Colorado. Amy nailed it! Torreys Peak, that massive mountain of majesty, feels like it’s close enough to touch.
It’s an intimidating view. This hike offers a fun ridge walk with amazing views! The altitude brings cooler temperatures, and the wind will add an extra chill. It is riddled with a number of “false summits,” which are actually mountains in their own right. After reading a variety of accounts online, reactions of this hike vary from “easy trail run” to—like me—a bear of a hike. Nice work. That big staircase is on the west side of the road…. This was unpleasant and the driving rain didn't improve the situation. This hike is one of those that I consider very easy to get to from Denver, Colorado. © 2020 The Outbound Collective - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy.