When appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live to promote season 1, Bernthal revealed that he stayed in character even when the cameras weren’t rolling to experience the dark world that Frank lives in. That is definitely the goal for me. Fans of the comics know how disfigured Jigsaw’s face is supposed to be, but in The Punisher, Jigsaw manages to overcome Frank’s wrath with just a handful of facial scars. "You can find a gym anywhere," he says. "But had my catcher's glove with me, so I launched into this story about how my mom had given me this mitt on her deathbed and how me and my brother go to the field and have a catch and talk it through. The actor, who grew up in Washington, DC, has played a few characters with a touch of darkness. On September 20, 1976, Jon was born in the family of the famous lawyer Eric Bernthal (and his father and mother are emigrated Jews). Here are 20 Wild Details Behind Jon Bernthal’s The Punisher. So what did he do with it? “Now with acting, the training and physicality is extremely important in whatever I do,” he explains. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, 40 Classic and Unique Tattoos for Men Who Love Ink, Senator Gary Peters Shares His Abortion Story, 50 Things You Never Knew About the Kennedys, Another Mysterious Jetpack Sighting Over LAX, The 38 Most Valuable Toys From Your Childhood, 89 Celebrity Couples Halloween Costumes For 2020, Record-Breaking Python Captured in Florida, 99-Year-Old George Etzweiler Can't Stop Running, This One-of-a-Kind Bird Is Both Male and Female. Armie Hammer Explains Why We Should Wait, Haley Joel Osment on 'Devil Has a Name' and Where His 'Sixth Sense' Character Might Be Today, 'Lovecraft Country's Showrunner Answers Our Biggest Questions About That Bonkers Season 1 Finale, 'Supermarket Sweep' Producers on Updating a "Down-to-Earth Fantasy" for the COVID Era. In September 2010, the actor married his longtime friend Erin Angle. The friendly eyes behind that lumpy nose reveal an everyman conviviality that you don't expect from an actor who's making it in Hollywood. Karen didn’t have a big role in either season of the show, but having her in The Punisher was a nice touch nonetheless. This was definitely different. It’s not just about who can beat up to or who’s tougher, it’s who bullies who and who goes easy on who.

When talking with IGN, co-executive producer Jeph Loeb explained that, “In many ways, being less specific helps the audience understand that this could be on any street corner. After making a crucial appearance in Daredevil, this is his first outing in a stand-alone show, so of course, we wanted to know if it’s going to affect our sleep and resulting exercise recovery. 3 AM is also commonly called the Witching Hour, which is often a time that weird events happen in horror movies. The latest news about the life of the actor are on Jon's account on Twitter. I’m on the job,” he explains. 2.3m Followers, 390 Following, 338 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Jon Bernthal (@jonnybernthal) A police department in Kentucky had decked out their police cruisers with The Punisher logo, which didn’t go over well with the character’s co-creator Gerry Conway. There was something about the script that just blew me away and I wanted desperately to be a part of this thing, so I definitely fought like crazy to get it. The couple Bernthal had the boy, who was named Billy. He got into acting by mistake as he had signed up for. "It's just not really my thing.". Very early on, it was clear that this was going to be unlike any other job. It cost me time away from my family. Build. The complete season was available to stream on November 17th, but the series became available at a rather peculiar time. His strength training routine also relied on super setting weight lifting moves with bodyweight exercises. The Punisher) in the Netflix superhero action series. “It’s an important part of playing these parts. I feel like, what we went through, there was a real cost. "You're way too big to stop play for that!". While studying in college, he used to hang out with kids associated with Irish gangs in Boston. This was an incredibly important project for all of us, and we really wanted to stick to that. It became something that was an absolutely necessary part of every day for me. Dawson has still been staying busy and often provides the voice of Wonder Woman for animated DC movies. Madani was a Homeland Security agent who was betrayed by Billy Russo, forcing her to team up with Frank in season 2. Frank Castle is a man, who is obsessed with the idea to avenge his family, alone fighting with the mafia, using the strictest methods. It just means that we can’t see it from where we are”. Even though the character is an anti-hero, The Punisher isn’t exactly a role model. Jon became a father for the third time in February 2015. Whether it comes through in the movie, you’d have to tell me. But Jon denied this information, having declared that his hero ceased to exist both in series and in the comic book which was the primary source of a plot. The exact release date of the dramatic comedy, as well as other details of filming and post-production, are still unknown. So, when I look back at it, was it the darkest war movie ever made?