Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. everyone remembers it being lovely when they were children.

We talked... A little bunny keeps running away from his mother in an imaginative and imaginary game of verbal hide-and-seek; children will be profoundly comforted by this lovingly steadfast mother who finds her child every time. Now unlike many readers, I actually never did experience Margaret Wise Brown's, children frustrated by boundaries and the parents who love them. i do. Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. 1 Response to The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown (1942) Lori Lawrence says: December 10, 2019 at 4:53 am Your gift of truth may of just brought me back from praying for death. Those looking for a beautifully illustrated and imaginative bedtime story, 4.5 stars. The writing and illustrations are fantastic. January 24th 2017 And of becoming something else? I enjoyed this one more, probably because it has a story. if bunny were to say, "how about i go down to the depths of hell to escape you?"

A sweet book that shows a mother's love towards her wanabe runaway. the illustrations are beautiful, and the message i s'pose is charming. This one is a delightful, sweet tale about an impish bunny who keeps trying to escape mama bunny, but really only wants to be constantly reassured (as we ALL do!) Kids can learn the importance of not running away from challenges (unnamed in this book) and can empathize with the bunny and feel the love he feels from his mother.

Start by marking “The Runaway Bunny” as Want to Read: Error rating book. I only want to look at the color pages. And sometimes, when a child is thoroughly angry with you, your own words may not be what they want to hear. Did ayone else love this book when they were little? Beautiful illustrations of a mother rabbit and her son.

This one taught my kids that Mom was she who must be obeyed...and yet it also said I'm sorry; and of course: I love you. Wherever you go, your mother will find you, so just stay home and eat a carrot? If Max's mother had followed him to Where the Wild Things Are, you would have this book - assuming she allowed him to cross the ocean.

It is hard to discuss children's books at length, but Margaret Wise Brown's books deserve discussion. Here's another one where I'm reading a different book than everyone else. To see what your friends thought of this book, Yes!

but my son and i both dislike it. I really liked the imagination of the scenes illustrated, the rabbit son sprouting wings and the rabbit mother becoming a tree was wonderful.
he becomes rigid with boredom when i try to read this to him, and he has pretty good reading stamina for a 2.5 year old. If you have lost faith in mankind, are being charged by a very angry rhinoceros, can't find your car keys, or are just simply depressed, this book will renew your faith in mankind, make you realize that car keys aren't that important anyway, lift your spirits better then any anti-depressant on the market (black or otherwise), and make the rhinoceros cuddle up with you with a mug of hot apple cider instead of throwing you 50 feet to land with 19 broken ribs and one less h. The best kids book ever. Which kid doesn't dream of running away? that he will always be loved and mama will always come find him.
that he will always be loved and mama will.

Your magic is no match for my magic.” “If you become a fisherman,” said the little bunny, I will always be stronger than you. This book was a warm and gentle tool.