It's a provocative inversion of the classic bedtime story, and a solid first outing. Inspirational message and Leo Lionni artwork. Deep in the sea lives a happy school of fish. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. 3. I LOVE Swimmy! This is such an incredibly beautifully illustrated and thought provoking book for children and adults of all ages! I started reading this book to children when I started teaching fifty years ago and have read it many hundreds of times to classes, library story hours and my own children ever since! Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Deep in the sea lives a happy school of fish. I have bought and given many, many copies of Swimmy in the past 50 or so years. Thank you! From her cozy cave, she can see clown fish, and sea turtles, and little butterflies swimming by. She especially loves watching the seahorses having fun, wiggling and twirling. What a charming book! Deep in the sea lives a happy school of fish. Simple, dazzling - and simply dazzling." Where do your cousins live? 2. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. The language is colorful and simple and his art takes you past the typical, easy to identify images that are seen in children's literature. Hold on to Little Owl's tail feathers and soar." Join a spunky collection of brushes as they set out to paint a picture and learn that it takes a community to create a masterpiece. -- Kirkus Reviews"This exceptional first book by Srinivasan, a talented illustrator... follows Little Owl during his nighttime explorations... this bedtime tale may even convert children who are afraid of the dark into adventuresome night owls" -New York Times Book Review"This debut picture book gets it all just right. —Publishers Weekly, "This debut picture book gets it all just right. Please try again. Thema "Klassengemeinschaft" in der Grundschule, Verwende "Swimmy" zum Thema "Klassengemeinschaft" im Sachunterricht in meiner ersten Klasse. be ready to read this book several times in a row, Reviewed in the United States on September 26, 2019. until Swimmy comes along. Their watery world is full of wonders, but there is also danger, and the little fish are afraid to come out of hiding . Srinivasan's message is that night is a delightful place, and that's useful knowledge for small children." Swimmy is a nice book with a somewhat startling sweep-over of Swimmy's family's deaths. Great, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 30, 2018. Anschließend gestaltete jeder seinen eigenen Fisch, die hinterher alle in Fischform zusammengeklebt wurden. Srinivasan's message is that night is a delightful place, and that's useful knowledge for small children." Cleverness A little fish, the lone survivor of a school of fish swallowed by a tuna, devises a plan to camouflage himself and his new companions."--(starred). Login Failed : Incorrect username or password. (An Elephant and Piggie Book), My Camel Wants To Be a Unicorn: a children's book about empathy and a mopey camel, Illus. It's a provocative inversion of the classic bedtime story, and a solid first outing. . The story, while familiar, is executed deftly and with heart, and the crisp graphic elements of the artwork juxtapose well against the pretty prose." "An exquisite picture book. Sometimes she will play with them, but occasionally Octopus just wants to be alone, somewhere quiet, and not so busy. Leo Lionni, an internationally known designer, illustrator, and graphic artist, was born in Holland and lived in Italy until he came to the United States in 1939. Deep in the sea lives a happy school of fish. A great message about overcoming fear and helping others, Reviewed in the United States on July 20, 2018. , You might be surprised. To celebrate Swimmy's fiftieth anniversary, we are issuing a handsome special edition hardcover that includes a bonus poster. —The Boston Globe, "a visually appealing story " —School Library Journal, “Srinivasan, an animator and the author of the luminous “Little Owls Night” (2011), brings the same distinctive beauty to this story of a glowy orange octopus, ‘hidden in her cozy cave.” —New York Times Book Review, Octopus loves living on the busy reef under the sea. I LOVE Swimmy! . The gorgeous, Caldecott Honor-winning tale of a very clever fish by beloved picture book creator Leo Lionni. The illustrations in his books are just beautiful. until Swimmy comes along. . Please try again. release date. His picture books are distinguished by their enduring moral themes, graphic simplicity and brilliant use of collage, and include four Caldecott Honor Books: Ricky, the Rock That Couldn't Roll (You Rock Group). The illustrations are legendary and the story is sweet and down-to-earth. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Hold on to Little Owl's tail feathers and soar." Wonderful book. until Swimmy comes along. Swimmy shows his friends how with ingenuity and team work they can overcome any danger. award winning picture book with a great life lesson, nicely presented and fairly priced, Reviewed in the United States on March 5, 2018. Leo Lionni has written and illustrated superb literature! The gorgeous, Caldecott Honor-winning tale of a very clever fish by beloved picture book creator Leo Lionni. About Swimmy. There's a problem loading this menu right now. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Buy this, then buy all his books!! Reviewed in the United States on March 5, 2020. until Swimmy comes along. Leo Lionni, an internationally known designer, illustrator, and graphic artist, was born in Holland and lived in Italy until he came to the United States in 1939. RELATED SUBJECTS: Please try your request again later. Illus. To celebrate Swimmy's fiftieth anniversary, we are issuing a handsome special edition hardcover that includes a bonus poster. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. --(starred) "School Library Journal. The Little Island (Dell Picture Yearling), Firenze's Light: A Children's Book about Gratitude, Compassion and Self-Appreciation, The Lonely Mailman (Whispers in the Forest). It helps to have encouraging friends, positive language and patience. Once again, Lionni gives a simple message with heavy meaning--but really only as heavy as you want it to be. Teachers can build a class community with this read aloud that will make their students feel included, loved, and safe to be themselves. See if your child can name some of his differences. Many other children have received a gift of Swimmy from me. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. From playful puzzles and fascinating facts to delicious recipes and delightful art projects, the fun continues long after the story is finished! He was the recipient of the 1984 American Institute of Graphic Arts Gold Medal and was honored posthumously in 2007 with the Society of Illustrators’ Lifetime Achievement Award. Story time just got better with Prime Book Box, a subscription that delivers editorially hand-picked children’s books every 1, 2, or 3 months — at 40% off List Price. Embracing your differences can be hard. Swimmy shows his friends how—with ingenuity and team work—they can overcome any danger. A fabulous book for over a half century!!! Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Winner of the 1964 Caldecott Honor, this beloved tale of a brave little fish has been a favorite to generations of readers. Few days ago I had to read it to him word by word several times in a row. I have bought and given many, Reviewed in the United States on April 28, 2018. Team Work! Train Your Angry Dragon: A Cute Children Story To Teach Kids About Emotions and Ang... My Magical Choices (The Magic of Me Series). To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. , There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. "An exquisite picture book. If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Inspirational message and Leo Lionni artwork, Reviewed in the United States on December 14, 2016, WOW! . Like with many new books I had to convince my 2 year old to read this one and I wasn't sure if he will like the illustrations. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 12, 2014. love love love Leo Lionni. . until Swimmy comes along. Despite this hard beginning, Swimmy discovers that there is great beauty in the world and when he meets new friends who are hiding in fear, he helps them discover the beautiful world too. But, most of all, I loved the message. Something went wrong. als auch das Thema "Ich bin klein - und kann trotzdem stark sein" als auch das Thema "Intelligenz/Witz ist oft wichtiger als körperliche Stärke" wird eindrücklich vor Augen gestellt. Not only is this a good book with nice colors and pictures and a great life lesson and storyline - it also ties in with a lot of crafts and activities and so on, which can be independently accessed through other websites like Google and Pinterest. Though perhaps that sweep-over is good, given the audience that Lionni writes for. Swimmy is a particular favourite, the lessons of strength in numbers, that sadness can be overcome and the world is a beautiful place. Their watery world is full of wonders, but there is also danger, and the little fish are afraid to come out of hiding . Das Buch bietet wunderbaren Gesprächsanlass, wie wir in der Klasse wie ein Fischschwarm zusammenhalten können. Receive an email when this ISBN is available used. Price also can't be beat. Reviewed in the United States on January 5, 2016. My children grew up on this classic and each of my 8 children have this book in their home. , We will contact you when the item is available. He is 7, so he needed some "coaching" to find the layers of meaning. "An exquisite picture book.