In a 2016 Vulture interview, Hemsworth revealed that he first auditioned for Teddy (played by James Marsden) before he was recast as Stubbs. “And I have one last role to play. So then, finally Jonah remembered me and then yeah, years later they offered me the other part.”, He continued, “Originally what was talked about was the Man in Black. “I went in for Westworld for Anthony Hopkins’s part. Not all the incredible talent was recognized–including Peter Mullan. In the same year, Peter performed as Dark wizard Yaxley in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2. His first full-length film, Orphans, won an award at the Venice Film Festival. In an interview with Vulture, Mullan revealed that he was first offered the role for the Man in Black, played by Ed Harris. But the role wasn’t always his. Now fiery with self-recognition and full of speeches (her own #MeToo moment), Dolores and her loyal revolutionaries take vengeance on human and cyborg alike, setting off to affirm her vision of a real world that lies beyond Westworld. As Westworld fans know, Dr. Robert Ford, the director of the Westworld park, was played by Hollywood veteran Anthony Hopkins. I was super excited about auditioning for it. Yeah, it’s weird. The Most Explosive 'Bachelorette' Spoilers About Clare... Timothée Chalamet Says He Was 'Embarrassed' Over Those... We can’t picture anyone but James Marsden as hot robot cowboy Teddy, but according to these actors who auditioned or refused roles in Westworld, the cast could’ve looked a lot different. It’s kind of a weird range. Peter is the son of Charles Mullan, a lab technician at Glasgow University, and Patricia, a nurse. Perhaps taking some lessons from the first season’s daunting barriers to entry (for all its lavish beauty and philosophical creepiness, “Westworld” was also just about the least fun way to pass time in front of a screen), the show has been reprogrammed a bit so that the first five episodes of Season 2 are filled with the sort of incidents and general momentum that feel more suited to series television. In the beginning, I didn’t lose parts but I’d get stuff that either Gary Oldman wasn’t interested in, or Phillip Seymour Hoffman wasn’t interested in. Myself.”, “Westworld” still heavily leans on such thickly sliced monologues to make its point, and although she is the moral-mechanical center of the show, there’s a better version of this model — and a steelier performance — in the form of Maeve (Thandie Newton), the former brothel madam who engineered her own consciousness-awakening and now obsessively searches for the lost daughter she had in a different preprogrammed narrative. As for Bailey, the actor was first announced to play Logan in 2015 (a year before Westworld‘s debut.) “So right as I’m about to go in for the audition I notice there was this one little spot on my dress and I was like, ‘Oh no, did I drop water on here?’ Anyway I go in. That was on offer, that was discussed. He has been gamely ”playing dead” in the snow for six hours. Rather than reflect the panicky, competitive rush that results in all these half-thought, half-finished, fairly expensive and certainly mediocre series, “Westworld” demonstrates the proper way to spend a lot of time and money in a meticulous fashion. Westworld fans may recognize Peter Mullan as James Delos, a recurring role in the HBO series, but the actor actually auditioned for one of the main roles. At the same time, “Westworld” stays true to an ongoing discursiveness that both exalts in and cautions against the creation of artificially conscious beings. (It might as well have a big sign that blinks HUSBANDS ENTER HERE. Peter Mullan (/ ˈ m ʊ l ən /; born 2 November 1959) is a Scottish actor and filmmaker. In his youth, Peter was actually a member of a street gang for a short period of time. And I’m doing the scene. Westworld concluded its third season with an extra-long episode that contained not one but two major deaths ... (Peter Mullan). “There was this wonderful, wonderful part on Westworld and I just love the subject matter, of AI and the difference between humans and a robots. Westworld received a stunning 21 nominations for the 2018 Emmy Awards. “I think I auditioned way back at the start, and I auditioned for James Marsden’s character. In 2014, he was a supporter of the Yes Scotland campaign in the Scottish independence referendum. I was really, really upset because I really wanted to do the Westworld pilot but I couldn’t do it. Evan Rachel Wood returns as Dolores, one of Westworld’s original cyborgs, programmed to play the sweetly accommodating role of a rancher’s daughter-in-distress. Some of these actors were recast in other roles, while others went on to other series. It’s kind of a strange thing.”. Oh my God. Corban Yaxley was a Dark wizard and a Death Eater who fought during the First Wizarding War. In 2011, Mullan won the World Dramatic Special Jury Prize for Breakout Performances at Sundance Film Festival for his work on Paddy Considine’s Tyrannosaur (2011). In 2013, he won the Best Guest or Supporting Actor in a Television Drama: Nominee during AACTA Awards. Lawson didn’t reveal which role she auditioned for (in fact, the directors didn’t even tell her), she just knew it was a host that was also a prostitute (so it could’ve been Maeve or Clementine) and that she didn’t do well in the audition room. In 2016, he starred in the BBC Two sitcom Mum. It was a no-brainer to me. Peter Mullan Actor | Director | Writer . “It then went away and morphed and did all of its bits and pieces, and then it came back, and [casting director] John Papsidera suggested I come in for the role of Stubbs. He revealed the news in an interview with Vulture, where he also claimed to have auditioned for High Sparrow in Game of Thrones. So I looked liked Carrie—but not blood, it was just this oil. “So I couldn’t do it and I was devastated. But I was also like, just do the best you can. But the Westworld cast wasn’t always the four actors mentioned above. You never mind that kind of thing.”. He was born on November 2, 1959, in Peterhead, Scotland, UK. Image: Michael Buckner/Variety/Shutterstock. He’s the benchmark, always, because he could turn his hand to anything.”. The second season of the American science fiction western television series Westworld (subtitled The Door) premiered on HBO on April 22, 2018, and concluded on June 24, 2018, consisting of ten episodes.. In 2017, Mullan performed as Jacob Snell in crime drama web television series Ozark. HBO’s futuristic cyborg/cowboy drama, “Westworld,” returns Sunday after a long absence, still dreary as a rain cloud but with noticeably less hitch in its git-along. Westworld, which premieres its third season on March 15, is set in a dystopian future where people hunt and kill human-like robots for a fun a wild, wild west-themed park named Westworld. Logan, who’s shown a lot in flashbacks, was a main character in season 1 of Westworld before he became recurring character in season 2. Therefore, Peter Mullan has an estimated net worth of $1 million. And I’m starting to notice that my hands feel oily and my dress was sticking to me. Since its debut in October 2016, Westworld‘s cast members—Evan Rachel Wood, Thandie Newton, Jeffrey Wright and Ed Harris—have become even bigger stars than they were before. Hi I’m peters daughter and he is not worth 13 mil he is worth 1 mil he’s never been close to 13 mil. He was interested in directing films at the age of 19 and he made several shorts. “I’ve evolved into something new,” Dolores tells a group of terrified human guests she has precariously noosed and balanced beneath a hanging tree. He gained widespread recognition for his roles in Trainspotting. In 1977, his father died on the day Peter started school. [Laughs.] In 2015, Peter criticized the BBC for “horrendous bias” against the Yes campaign and told the Radio Times that, “to see the BBC used as a political cudgel against a legitimate democratic movement … really broke my heart.”. In 2009, Peter vowed never to work for the BBC again after the broadcaster refused to run a charity appeal for humanitarian aid in Gaza. All rights reserved. Peter said: ‘To be fair to him, I believe that his whole generation were completely screwed. In addition, he portrayed Yaxley in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 and Part 2. The actress told the Chicago Tribune in 2018 that one of her worst auditions was for Westworld. Game of Thrones, the part that Jonathan Pryce did. In 2006, they got divorced due to misconceptions about their marriage life. 2:02. (In 2018, Newton, who plays Maeve Willay, a Westworld host who learns of her true identity, won the series’ first acting Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress.) The show, whose cast also consists of Tessa Thompson, Luke Hemsworth and Anthony Hopkins, was well-known in Hollywood before its debut, as seen by the many well-known actors who tried out for parts in the series. That’s not a bad question, since “Westworld’s” Season 1 mindblower was that viewers had been following multiple plots on two different timelines, about 30 years apart. So that was fine, when you can’t do something and you see a really good performance. It is what it is.”, Luke Hemsworth is one of the main Westworld cast members as Ashley Stubbs, the head of Westworld security, but instead of a behind-the-scenes staffer, he could’ve been one of the hosts. The most important news stories of the day, curated by Post editors and delivered every morning. Find out the actors who were almost cast in Westworld ahead. Mullan was homeless for brief periods at the ages of 15 and 18. He declared: ”I worked with murderers for a long time after I left university – one thing you realize about the gangs and the criminals is that it’s acting by another means.”, ”But once you’re in the movie business, that’s where you meet the real criminals.”. In college, Peter made extra money by entering disco-dancing competitions. As did 5,000 other people,” he said. [The actor is Louis Herthum.] I mean, it changes a lot. Chaos now reigns across the land, and “Westworld” is more interesting for it. ), Thematically, the show is still deeply, even pretentiously concerned with the meaning of not-life.