Ned Rifle hits select theaters and Vimeo On Demand on April 1st.Hal Hartley \u0026 Aubrey Plaza: 00:00 - Pre-interview knuckle cracking. 09:10 - Plaza on Fresno. But it's a gesture of despair that as a culture we're just so continuously stupid and shallow, and I think that the kid's motives are kind of good -- they're horrible at the beginning, he wants to kill somebody, righteously, with his misunderstood spirituality -- but he actually finds that this spirituality is quite admirable as a result of trying to do violence and failing. Indie Film Pioneer Hal Hartley on Why the Dream of the '90s is Dead—And That's OK, The Best Films of 2015 According to 11 Indie Filmmakers (and NFS Staff), From Successful Short to Depression to Finishing the Feature 6 Years Later: 'The Master Cleanse'. 01:49 - The third movie was always going to be Ned’s movie, but it needed Susan, too. 02:07 - Offering Plaza the role of Susan. 05:28 - The shooting locations; making a bicoastal movie but never leaving the tri-state area. It's something that everybody in the room understands we're doing -- the actor, the camera people, because there's camera movement and there's microphone movement, and the other actors are -- it's very rare that we make a shot that's only got one actor in it, so the other actors have to adjust. Hal: And then I work with actors and focus on casting actors who are good vocally. vimeo. “One can never be independent enough,” says Hartley. Vimeo is the world's leading professional video platform and community. What are the steps of the villain's journey (not antihero). Generally in directing, what you're looking for when you're casting are people who can talk and move. You know, twist it up. اتمام مهلت دانلود 50 روز. That was real powerful for me. Not to be reductive, but more like an acknowledgement that you prefer certain genre elements in your work. 06:34 - The scale of this movie compared to the last two films. Why are you attracted to these sorts of things? If there was room, there was room for a rhythm of conclusion, but it didn't resolve. 03:34 - Having reading sessions during pre-production; Plaza on her pre-shoot nerves. NFS: It seems like you seem to utilize the sort of Godardian premise of the "gun and a girl" in some of your films. Your brain, your soul -- everything had been washed clean of the advertising, the noise of culture, and you were clean for a moment. However, when Ned turns 18, he decides it’s time to head off and kill the person responsible for ruining his mother’s life, his father.With Ned Rifle screening at SXSW in the Festival Favorites section, I got the opportunity to discuss the film with Hartley and Aubrey Plaza who steps in as Susan, the underage girl Henry slept with prior to the events of Henry Fool. I'm not a performer but I -- and I actually have like a problem speaking clearly all the time since I've-- 'cuz I don't -- I'm just -- kind of shy or something. DVDRip / x264 / KG. NFS: How do you feel about collaborating with actors, and how does this factor into casting? You mentioned Tarkovsky, he wrote more than anybody else in the twentieth century about the importance of iconography. You could hear things again, you could see again. They just try to do what I've asked them to do, and they fail or succeed. “Ned Rifle” has a poetic pace. And I need to get them into situations where I can tell them exactly what I need them to do physically. I cut stuff out because shit that's written on page would seem totally necessary, but becomes redundant sometimes once you shoot it. So yeah, that's it. Almost reminds me of a stage play or a 90s TV show. By the time I shoot, it's a performance. Learn more at. Why Did a James Bond Stunt Require $70K Worth of Coca-Cola? For fifteen minutes your ears were clean. Somebody does get shot -- a girl does show her legs a lot. He was pissed off, and confused. They just try to do what I've asked them to do, and they fail or succeed. Ned Rifle But that stuff was really important to me, and still is. You can hear about all of that as well as Plaza’s character in Dirty Grandpa in the video interview below. Ned Rifle 2014 720p BluRay H264 AAC-RARBG. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo, LLC is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI). Ned Rifle 2014 DVDRip Ganool . It was the end, but it was still open, and that was the way to make people talk about when we watch movies in movie theaters -- you go back out onto the street and you would have this kind of clarity. But that stuff was really important to me, and still is. 04:35 - The luxury of shooting in order. The film is quirky and odd and pulls you in early on if for no other reason than pure curiosity. It's a collaboration. Ned Rifle is available via Vimeo on Demand. In my movies, the dialogue is the dialogue. Generally in directing, what you're looking for when you're casting are people who can talk and move. Hal: I write it and I have my ear open to the melody and the rhythm. Do you read the lines out loud to yourself when you write, how much do the lines change at the time that you write them to the time that they end up, and how do you understand the relationship between the written word and the spoken word? Eighteen years after Henry Fool (Thomas Jay Ryan) turned lowly garbageman Simon Grim (James Urbaniak) into an accomplished poet and nine years after Henry got Fay Grim (Parker Posey) involved in an international security conundrum, writer-director Hal Hartley is wrapping up his Fool/Grim trilogy with Ned Rifle. Tom [Ryan] is brilliant at this. 02:38 - Plaza on envisioning herself as Susan; joining the group after they had done two movies together. Early in my career I didn't really know what I was aiming for, but I knew that there was a really valuable undefined spiritual aesthetic space that was possible at the end of a film if you didn't end it too specifically. اتمام مهلت دانلود 50 روز. If there was room, there was room for a rhythm of conclusion, but it didn't resolve. New royalty-free collection offers exclusive footage from Vimeo creators at a disruptive price. It can't be anything else, right? 1 GB. So I've always cultivated this particular way of ending films with iconic -- in the sense of like Russian icon painting -- a clarity that was a meaning that was very artificial, it didn't pretend to be naturalistic. درخواست VIP . You know, the sort of combined failure, sacrifice, release -- they carry a sense of fatedness, like destiny, like inescapable destiny or something. Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, and is an operating business of IAC. Directing. You know, twist it up. 00:28 - Did Hartley plan to make a trilogy from the start? Hal: Early in my career I didn't really know what I was aiming for, but I knew that there was a really valuable undefined spiritual aesthetic space that was possible at the end of a film if you didn't end it too specifically. DVDRip / Ganool. And so I try to just wrestle with that. Vimeo, the world's largest ad-free open video platform, today announced that it has joined the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia) as a Promoter member. اتمام مهلت دانلود 50 روز. Is there something about these elements that call out for some kind of re-contextualizing of them? 07:33 - Hartley on being done with these characters, for now. This installment centers on Henry and Fay’s son, Ned (Liam Aiken). Arman is 33 and ready to make a change, starting with a run in the park. It Has to Sound Good, 6 Things to Think About When Safeguarding Your Film Set from COVID-19, 7 Tips For Breaking Into Documentary Filmmaking, The Best Filmmaking Deals of the Week (10.16.20). I knew that there was a really valuable undefined spiritual aesthetic space that was possible at the end of a film if you didn't end it too specifically. The end of, How to Write a Screenplay During Quarantine [FREE 100-page eBook], You Can Now Rent an Entire AMC Theater for Only $99. 09:50 - Plaza on her character in Dirty Grandpa and working with Robert De Niro.For More Collider:http://collider.com/https://twitter.com/collidernewshttps://www.facebook.com/colliderdotcomAs the online source for movies, television, breaking news, incisive content, and imminent trends, Collider Videos is more than an essential destination; it’s the homepage for young men obsessed with staying ahead of the curve.Hal Hartley and Aubrey Plaza Talk 'Ned Rifle' and 'Dirty Grandpa' at SXSW from Collider. Ned Rifle 2014 1080p BluRay H264 AAC-RARBG. I need them to know the language, and to hear the melody of it, the rhythm. The end of Ned Rifle is probably the most overtly iconographic. Your brain, your soul -- everything had been washed clean of the advertising, the noise of culture, and you were clean for a moment. from Film Movement. All Rights Reserved. درخواست VIP . They have to be able to speak well. From Successful Short to Depression to Finishing the Feature 6 Years Later: 'The … We talked about Hartley’s decision to turn the first film into a trilogy, Plaza’s experience joining a cast that’s been together for two films, Hartley’s thoughts on continuing to work with these characters and more. Vimeo led the charge to fight repeal of the 2015 Open Internet rules by ... Vimeo has teamed up with celebrated indie stalwart Hal Hartley for the North American release of his latest feature NED RIFLE (. It's something that everybody in the room understands we're doing -- the actor, the camera people, because there's camera movement and there's microphone movement, and the other actors are -- it's very rare that we make a shot that's only got one actor in it, so the other actors have to adjust.