13-20. من تو را هر چي که بخوام صدا ميکنم, And now the children also saw the long thin slimy yellow bellied. 26-27. A. M. Bauer,  T. Jackman, E. Greenbaum, and T. J. Papenfuss, “Confirmation of the Occurrence of Hemidactylus robustus Heyden, 1827 (Reptilia: Gekkonidae) in Iran and Pakistan,” Zoology in the Middle East 39, 2006, pp. The taxonomic status of populations of the genus in Afghanistan is unsettled, but they are usually referred to E. macularius, which also occurs in Pakistan. Societas Europaea Herpetologica (SEH) Programme and Abstracts, 13th Ordinary General Meeting, Bonn, Germany 27 September – 2 October, 2005b, p. 93. A. V. Barabanov and N. B. Ananjeva. P. S. Pallas, Zoographia rosso-asiatica, sistens omnium animalium in extenso Imperio Rossico et adjacentibus maribus observatorum recensionem, domicilia, mores et descriptiones, anatomes atque icones plurimorus,Tomus III. Societas Europaea Herpetologica (SEH) Programme and Abstracts, 13th Ordinary General Meeting Bonn, Germany 27 September – 2 October, 2005, p. 22. A. Schulte, J. J. Fong, I. Das, and T. J. Papenfuss, “The Complete Mitochondrial Genome of an Agamid Lizard from the Afro-Asian Subfamily Agaminae and the Phylogenetic Position of Bufoniceps Xenagama,” Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 39, 2006, pp. T. Gamble,  A M. Bauer, E Greenbaum, and T R. Jackman. Figure 1. Family Lacertidae. Peter Simon Pallas was the first to make wide-ranging field studies of the herpetological fauna of the Russian Empire, traveling into Siberia and south to the Persian border, from 1768 to 1814. Species of the first two genera are widely distributed throughout the region and often or usually occur syntopically, that is, within the same biotope or habitat, the larger Laudakia (up to 33 cm, including tail) usually on and among rocks and rocky outcrops, Trapelus (up to about 29 cm, including tail) on primarily alluvial, flatland surfaces, often climbing into small shrubs or establishing posts on small rock piles, such as cairns. J. R. Macey, J. Idem, “Synopsis of the Turtles, Crocodiles, and Amphisbaenians of Iran,” Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, ser. These tails are used as defensive weapons against predators. Carl Gans, “Studies on Amphisbaenids (Amphisbaenia, Reptilia). They constitute a greatly diversified family in the warm regions of the world. 1st International Symposium on Agamid Lizards. (A?). ), Eumeces schneiderii princeps (Eichwald, 1839) (I, A?, C), Eumeces schneiderii zarudnyi Nikolsky, 1900 (I, A? “A New Species of Eremias (Sauria: Lacertidae) from Highlands of Kermanshah Province, Western Iran,” Asiatic Herpetological Research, 1999, pp. What do you call in English the sort of handkerchief that you can use to put objects on, like a beer? 298-307. Species of this genus barely extend onto the Iranian Plateau and do not occur in Central Asia. ), Eublepharis turcmenicus Darevsky, 1977 (I, C). R. A. Nazarov and M. Rajabizadeh, “A New Species of Angular-Toed Gecko of the Genus Cyrtopodion (Squamata: Sauria: Gekkonidae) from South-East Iran (Sistan-Baluchistan Province),” Russian Journal of Herpetology 14/2, 2007, pp. J. R. Macey and N. B. Ananjeva, “Genetic Variation Among Agamid Lizards of the Trapelus agilis Complex in the Caspian-Aral Basin,” Asiatic Herpetological Research, 2004, pp. W. T. Blanford,  Eastern Persia: An Account of the Journeys of the Persian Boundary Commission, 1870-71-72. These lizards are terrestrial and insectivorous, although larger species will prey on smaller ones. When I translate the time 10:18:21 on those military sites it shows 6:30pm but my bf is telling me it’s 10:18 in the morning.. is he lying. V. F.  Orlova, “Taxonomical Diversity of the Eremias : History and Recent State of Problem” (in Russian; English abstract), in Voprosy gerpetologii/The Problems of Herpetology, Proceedings of the 3rd Meeting of the Nikolsky Herpetological Society 9-13 October 2006, Pushchino; St. Petersburg, 2008, pp. N. Rastegar-Pouyani, “Analysis of Geographic Variation in the Trapelus agilis Complex (Sauria: Agamidae),” Zoology in the Middle East 19, 1999a, p. 75. The skinks form the largest lizard family and are distributed worldwide. D. G. Ciobanu, V. V. Grechko, and D. A. Kramerov, “Satellite DNA Evolution: Correlation with the Evolution of Lizard Species from the genus Darevskia (Sauria: Lacertidae)” (Abstract), 12th Ordinary General Meeting Societas Europaea Herpetologica (SEH), p. 51. Pseudopus is an active predator on rodents, lizards, and eggs and fledglings of ground-nesting birds, whereas Anguis, with its sharp, recurved teeth, feeds primarily on gastropods and earthworms, but they also take soft-bodied insects. The family is widely but disjunctly distributed in the Northern Hemisphere. Figure 4. Idem,  “Biogeography of Gekkonid Lizards of the Genus Asaccus (Sauria: Gekkonidae)”  (Abstract). Idem, “Contributions to the Herpetology of Afghanistan,”  Annals and Magazine of Natural History, ser. This small family is related to the Gekkonidae (see below), but differs from them in significant ways, including the possession of moveable eyelids and procoelous vertebrae. Submitted tags will be reviewed by site administrator before it is posted online.If you enter several tags, separate with commas. ), Trapelus agilis khuzistanensis N. Rastegar-Pouyani, 1999 (I), Trapelus agilis sanguinolentus (Pallas, 1814) (I, A, C), Trapelus lessonae (DeFilippi, 1865) (I, C), Trapelus ruderatus fieldi(Haas and Werner, 1969) (I), T. ruderatus ruderatus (Olivier, 1804) (I). I'm asking because my boyfriend is Persian. What language came first English or Spanish ? 14-20. (Sauria: Agamidae) with the Paleogeographical Changes During Cenozoic Era in Tibet Plateau,” Zoological Research 3, 1999, pp. O. Mozaffari and J. F. Parham, “A New Species of Racerunner Lizard (Lacertidae: Eremias) from Iran,” Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, Ser. The members of this family are sometimes referred to as “true lizards” in Europe, where they make up the vast majority of the lizard fauna. There has been an evolutionary trend within the family to limb reduction and loss. 14th European Congress of Herpetology and SEH Ordinary General Meeting, Porto (Portugal), 19-23 September 2007, p. 208.