Here are some ideas for you to dress up as Kit and Caboodle. "We should call it the Steve Show, because Steve's always a bit naughty - and the kids love it," she said. Taking the Book Week theme ‘Curious Creatures, Wild Minds’ and five of our favourite short-listed titles, we’ve developed a series of four, ten minute online segments. "We should call it the Steve Show, because Steve's always a bit naughty - and the kids love it," she said. Engage children with this PowerPoint about What is CBCA Book Week? Online Discussion Terms & Conditions. At the back of the book there are brief notes about each animal but readers and curious minds might then use this as a jumping off point for further research. "I'm the straight guy whose always got to keep things on track.". Brilliant for generating discussions during group time this PowerPoint teaches children about CBCA Book Week and encourages reading, imagination and curiosity. For the past 10 years, Steve Dwyer and Melesa Eldred have been keeping the fun of Book Week alive by putting on performances for young children at libraries and schools around the shire. From dragons and dinosaurs to courageous superheroes, our extensive collection ensures you'll find the ideal choice. Please send in any photos you have dressed up , it would be wonderful to see some very interesting creatures with wild minds. "I've had teenagers come up to me years later and tell me Book Week was the best week of school.". Tickets for both shows this Saturday have been booked out. "I've had teenagers come up to me years later and tell me Book Week was the best week of school." In line with COVID requirements the show will be on an outdoor stage, performing to a maximum of 50 audience members. Curious Creatures, Wild Minds When the CBCA announced this slogan for Book Week I did wonder how I was going to explain it to and enthuse my under eight year old audience in the library. With the theme of 'Curious Creatures, Wild Minds', this year's Book Week was once again aimed at highlighting the importance of reading, in what's been … This Saturday, October 17, that tradition continues - weather permitting - with two performances of Curious Creatures, Wild Minds at the Wedge, Sale, from 11am and 1pm, albeit with a few minor changes to the set-up. "I'm the straight guy whose always got to keep things on track." Axolotl, Philippine eagle, … 'Curious' is a word I use with them quite often and I know that they like to use that word. The theme for Book Week 2020 is – Curious Creatures, Wild Minds. Book Week costume ideas that will inspire creative, fun, and imaginative dress-ups for the 2020 CBCA Book Week Theme: Curious Creatures, Wild Minds! This beautiful PowerPoint really will stimulate the wild minds of your children for CBCA Book … This Saturday, October 17, that tradition continues - weather permitting - with two performances of Curious Creatures, Wild Minds at the Wedge, Sale, from 11am and 1pm, albeit with a few minor changes to the set-up. This Saturday, October 17, that tradition continues - weather permitting - with two performances of Curious Creatures, Wild Minds at the Wedge, Sale, from 11am and 1pm, albeit with a few minor changes to the set-up. The theme for this year Curious Creatures and Wild Minds. Steve said the audience numbers had grown over the years, with many families making it a must on their calendar. When pulling together a plan for Book Week, it can be a little overwhelming, so I am sharing a few helpful links I’ve come across. "It's just a lot of fun," he said. Take a wander through this year's Book Week display in my library. In line with COVID requirements the show will be on an outdoor stage, performing to a maximum of 50 audience members. It is good that it has two meanings. CBCA (Children’s Book Council of Australia) Book Week 2020 might look a bit different this year because of Covid-19, but that doesn’t mean your child can’t still have a fun day of dress-ups! Due to COVID-19, the usual date of late August has been changed. With the theme "Curious Creatures, Wild Minds," Book Week 2020 promises plenty of fun and excitement for children of all ages. This year's theme is Curious Creatures, Wild Minds , so we went delving for the books that are currently inspiring us. The focus on imaginative storytelling is sure to spark a slew of creative Book Week costumes ideas. Curious creatures, wild minds costumes. Which means some of our team are basically going AWOL for a week because, books. Tickets are still available for the Halloween shows on October 31 through The Wedge. Curious creatures- dress as some animal from the Guinness Book of Records, unicorn, Loch Ness monster, bunyip, an extinct animal/dinosaur Curious Creatures, Wild Minds Snip and Sketch How clean is your classroom? Wild mind- wild hair, big brain hat, a hat with all your crazy ideas dangling off. Axolotl, Philippine eagle , Indian gharial and the crowned sifaka . Creating alternative visions of both life and death drawing from a love and fascination with animals. Steve said the show would still feature nine books that have been shortlisted for the Children's Book Council of Australia Award, scripted into a funny, slapstick-style sketch that was aimed at turning young viewers into young readers. Curious Creatures, Wild Minds Book Week Display 2020. Tickets are still available for the Halloween shows on October 31 through The Wedge. Curious creatures, wild minds costumes. THE show must go on - even if there is social distancing required. Official Updates. Steve said the audience numbers had grown over the years, with many families making it a must on their calendar. Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the as part of your this year's CBCA Book Week theme, 'Curious Creatures, Wild Minds'. THE show must go on - even if there is social distancing required. https://nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net/transform/v1/crop/frm/At8h8RDQJpURWJ3D25CQww/425abfff-0c39-4ef0-afa7-bd456e337c45_rotated_270.jpg/r247_287_2499_1559_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg, Council to vote on support for Fingerboards mineral sands mine project tonight, Carp infestation worsens, but no news on carp virus, Restoring Sale's farmland to its pre-grazing state. Children are encouraged to dress up for the shows. Other curious creatures may be less familiar or perhaps new discoveries - making your mind go "wild". Aug 14, 2020 - Explore Jodie Shepherd's board "2020 book week curious creatures wild minds" on Pinterest. Melesa said the children from previous performances loved to see Steve hamming it up on stage, and there was always a lot of laughter. For the past 10 years, Steve Dwyer and Melesa Eldred have been keeping the fun of Book Week alive by putting on performances for young children at libraries and schools around the shire. The pages are also linked to the 2020 Book Week theme 'Curious Creatures, Wild Minds' and provide children with something they can be proud of enough to display.These fantastic Book Week colouring in sheets are great for increasing familiarity with the theme and for getting children engaged and excited for the week of festivities. Melesa said the children from previous performances loved to see Steve hamming it up on stage, and there was always a lot of laughter. See more ideas about Curious creatures, Book week, Jungle theme classroom. Book Week will be celebrated from the 17th to the 23rd of October. Other curious creatures may be less familiar or perhaps new discoveries - making your mind go "wild". National Book Week 2020 kicks off from tomorrow (17th) until the 23rd October. Children are encouraged to dress up for the shows. Tickets for both shows this Saturday have been booked out. The focus on imaginative storytelling is sure to spark a slew of creative Book Week costumes ideas. Teacher Talk Blog Fabulous Creatures explores three artists who use sculpture to reimagine the natural world in extreme, colourful ways. Each year, across Australia, the CBCA brings children and books together celebrating CBCA Book Week. The jungle display also doubles as a photobooth. In line with COVID requirements the show will be on an outdoor stage, performing to a maximum of 50 audience members. Steve said the show would still feature nine books that have been shortlisted for the Children's Book Council of Australia Award, scripted into a funny, slapstick-style sketch that was aimed at turning young viewers into young readers. Some you will easily guess and your youngest readers will be familiar with them too such as the giant panda, polar bear, lowland gorilla and Bengal tiger. Curious Creatures, Wild Minds is the perfect theme for dress ups and Kit and Caboodle are the perfect curious creatures. With the theme "Curious Creatures, Wild Minds," Book Week 2020 promises plenty of fun and excitement for children of all ages. Using drama and puppetry, your students will see the books come alive as a Live stream on the Newcastle Libraries Facebook page .