YUM!!! When a clerical error causes a clash in wedding dates, two best friends who'd do anything for each other find themselves in a no-holds-barred, take-no-prisoners struggle that threatens to erupt into all-out war. 0 0. It's just a funny, feel-good, bitchy movie. Both girls preparing to walk down the isle. She said that Hathaway's presence meant "that there's a little acting in it, along with a few human emotions" and wondered what the film might have been if the writers had explored a potential lesbian subtext suggested by the opening scenes. I saw it in the cinema, and immediately knew I wanted it on DVD and finally I'm glad I have gotten round to buying it. Very enjoyable. Liv's wedding resumes with Emma participating and dancing with Nate, Liv's brother and a well known magazine journalist. The site's consensus reads, "Bride Wars takes the already wearisome concept of battling bridezillas, and makes it thoroughly insufferable via a lazy script and wholly detestable characters. At the top of their bridal "must have" list: a ceremony at New York's ultimate bridal destination, the Plaza Hotel. Directed by Gary Winick. Quickly browse titles in our catalog based on the ones you have picked. Try again. Details about Rom-Com 3 DVD Lot - Legally Blonde 2, Bride Wars, and Something Borrowed. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 24 January 2018. It is broken inside and the dvd is scratched! While hanging out at Liv's place in the present day they find a Tiffany box hidden in the closet. [18] It also had several Teen Choice Award nominations. 'Bride Wars' is just too unrealistic. There is almost no humor in this script- watching two women trying to ruin each other's wedding isn't very fun either. Reviewed in the United States on October 5, 2020. ASIN:B0027W8T7K Bride Wars. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. thanks. [2] The film stars Kate Hudson, Anne Hathaway, Kristen Johnston, Bryan Greenberg, and Candice Bergen. Both brides-to-be are shown to be in the Plaza very shortly before they are due to be wed, separately. Now, at age 26, they're both about to get married; they're about to realize their dreams; and they're about to live happily ever after. Right before Liv leaves to begin her march to the altar, she encounters Emma's father and receives his blessing; immediately she regrets setting up a wild spring break DVD to play at Emma's wedding. The site's consensus reads, "Bride Wars takes the already wearisome concept of battling bridezillas, and makes it thoroughly insufferable via a lazy script and wholly detestable characters." I NEVER watch girly movies. Sign in to see videos available to you. Bahkan, bakat mereka pun mengikuti jejak kedua orangtuanya. Also during the first wedding. Not bad....but would not watch again....not my kind of film but we all like diffrent things, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 22 June 2020, Rather boring for me......enjoyed the last 5 minuites but quite funny at times, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 8 September 2020, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Super cute and light hearted movie. In the beginning of the film, the song "Somethin' Special" by Colbie Caillat was played, however this version had different lyrics than the Beijing Olympic Mix, suggesting that it was the original mix. The film received an 11% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 144 collected reviews, along with an average rating of 3.35/10. that the staff is awsome and doing a great job, Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I really like Kate Hudson this is a girly movie through and through. 'Bride Wars' is a lousy, unfunny, sexist and uneven comedy that takes its two talented leads with a potentially funny premise, and wastes it in every way possible, leading to a … Regarding the three weddings I served as best man for, all three couples eschewed a big, elaborate, expensive wedding. Both women attempt to sabotage each other's wedding, including Liv changing Emma's dance instructor, Emma secretly sending Liv candy to make her too fat to fit into her dress, Liv making Emma's tan turn bright orange, Emma tampering with Liv's hair dye to turn Liv's hair a shocking blue-white color, Liv registering Emma on Babies R Us as pregnant, and Emma showing up to Liv's bachelorette party to out-dance her. Liv has learned to be more sensitive and expressive, which gives her a sense of relief to finally have the luxury of being able to let go and be less controlling. And "Scared" by Duffy. Will there be a bride wars 2? Select the department you want to search in. That same night Emma's boyfriend proposes to her. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. Two bi-polar woman with far too much money and time on their hands seek to destroy each others weddings through a series of photo montages and Candice Bergen's blathering narration. Together they plan their weddings, each to take place at New York's ultimate bridal destination, the Plaza Hotel. Emma (Anne Hathaway) and Liv (Kate Hudson) have been best friends since childhood and each has always dreamed of an extravagant wedding at the Plaza hotel. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 12 March 2020. When both friends get engaged in the same week, they rush to the exclusive wedding planner Marion St. Claire (Candice Bergen) to book the perfect weddings at the Plaza hotel. 533 talking about this. This is a great movie which I love a good girly romcom it is about two childhood friends Emma Allen and Olivia Leaner are best friends who planned every detail of their weddings, it starts with as children in play Bridesmaids dresses playing dress up pretending too be married Emma Played by Anne Hathaway , is a Primary School Teacher and Olivia a Lawyer Played By Kate Hudson … I only laughed out loud once. [2][5], Some principal photography took place at the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, Massachusetts. Emma is showing off her dance moves, Liv fails in comparison. Product Description Liv (Kate Hudson) and Emma (Anne Hathaway) are best friends who since childhood have planned every detail of their respective weddings. As the film did not have a soundtrack, the original version remained unreleased until Caillat's album Breakthrough was released, where the song appears as a bonus track on the Rhapsody edition. Raphael and Wilson completed the shooting script of Bride Wars, from an original screenplay by Greg DePaul,[4] before the 2007–2008 Writers Guild of America strike began. When 2 best friends put together their dream weddings and find that they have booked the same venue for the same day chaos looms as we see if the best friends relationship survive? Check box if your review contains spoilers, Liv and Emma are best friends who since childhood have planned every detail of their respective weddings. (Another of this toxic puffball's many inadvertent messages, grooms-to-be, is that if you dare to express an honest opinion to your fiancee, you do so at the risk of having the wedding called off. Bride Wars is pretty thin soup. It's entertaining and allowed me to multi-task, like cruising on Pinterest. At the top of their bridal "must have" list: a ceremony at New York's ultimate bridal destination, the Plaza Hotel.Now, at age 26, they're both about to get married And I enjoyed it. shipping [5] Karen McCullah Lutz and Kirsten Smith also contributed to the screenplay. In the film; two childhood best friends, who have made many plans together for their respective weddings, turn into sworn enemies in a race to get married before the other. [11] Carrie Rickey of The Philadelphia Inquirer wrote, "How bad can a movie be, with Goldilocks Hudson and Cinderella Hathaway? Emma and Liv also reveal to each other that they are pregnant and that their due dates are the same, March 3, and both friends get excited. Chris Pratt is in it. Reviewed in the United States on July 1, 2020. 0 0. Storyline In Manhattan, the lawyer Liv and the school teacher Emma have been best friends since their childhood. In all three cases the logic was that the. The reservations get mixed up and both weddings end up scheduled on the same day and, since there are no other suitable openings available at the Plaza, the friends find themselves in the impossible situation of having to decide who will sacrifice her long-held dream and change venues.