For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews – Subscribe on YouTube! May you rest in excitement. ❤️LG, A post shared by Elizabeth Gilbert (@elizabeth_gilbert_writer) on Mar 24, 2019 at 8:37am PDT, Elias died at age 57 in January 2018 after battling pancreatic and liver cancer. A post shared by Elizabeth Gilbert (@elizabeth_gilbert_writer) on Mar 24, 2019 at 8:37am PDT. Let me normalize it for you. And now here we are, and his heart has been such a warm place for me to land. It’s OK. Love who you love. The pair were together until 2002. It has been the greatest honor of my life. Let me normalize THAT for you. Let me say: It’s Ok. Gilbert reiterated, “It’s OK. Love who you love.”.

She also noted that MacArthur was a longtime friend of Rayya Elias, Gilbert's former partner, who died at 57 last year from pancreatic and liver cancer. Just as it is okay to fall in love with any human. It’s OK to live, and to love.”. ProSource Vice President Kelly Conklin Embarks on A New Venture, Kylie Jenner Sleeps in This $10 Organic Oil to Keep Skin Soft and Glowing, We Found a Cardigan Just Like J. Lo’s $995 Coach One for Under $30 Using StyleSnap, Most Shocking Celebrity Deaths of All Time. I will always love you,” she said. “If you have lost a loved one to death, and you thought you’d never love again, but you are feeling a pull of attraction toward someone new, and you’re not sure if that’s OK? Gilbert was married to Jose Nunes prior to her relationship with Elias. Let it love. He’s a beautiful man who has been a friend of mine for years.’She continues: ‘Even more touchingly, Simon was a beloved friend of Rayya’s for decades. she had separated from her husband of 10 years, Jose Nunes, 'Eat, Pray, Love' author turns to past in new novel. Please sign in to contribute to the Mamamia Community. This, as you can imagine, means the world to me.) “She was my love, my heart, my best friend, my teacher, my rebel, my angel, my protector, my challenger, my partner, my muse, my wizard, my surprise, my gift, my comet, my liberator, my rock star, my completely impossible non-cooperator, my otherworldly visitor, my spiritual portal, and my baby,” Gilbert wrote on Instagram after Elias’ passing last year. Gilbert also had a message about following your heart after having been in a relationship with a woman, Elias, before dating MacArthur. This, as you can imagine, means the world to me,” she said. Onward, and I love you all. The 49-year-old author introduced her boyfriend, photographer Simon MacArthur, in an Instagram post Sunday, more than 14 months after Rayya Elias' death. SO…if you have lost a loved one to death, and you thought you’d never love again, but you are feeling a pull of attraction toward someone new, and you’re not sure if that’s OK? Let it love.”.

Join TODAY All Day at 5p & 8p ET and get cooking with Nyesha Arrington. Onward, and I love you all,” she finished. Part of the A360 Media Entertainment Group.Powered by WordPress.com VIP, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window). And when Ms. Gilbert fell in love again, with an English photographer named Simon MacArthur, an old friend of Ms. Elias’s, she again announced this … “Today was precious and perfect,” Gilbert continued. A year later, the American author fell in love with British photographer Simon MacArthur, but that relationship, she reveals, is now over. File Photo by Rune Hellestad/UPI |, Emily Maynard gives birth to her fifth child, Matthew McConaughey immediately knew wife Camila was 'something special', 'Home Improvement' star Zachery Ty Bryan charged with strangulation, assault, Harrison Ford, Ed Helms to star in comedy 'Burt Squire', Hulu: What's coming and going in November 2020, Preview: Sotheby's 'The History and Impact of Hip Hop' auction. They lived together in London over 30 years ago, and they adored each other forever like siblings. You'll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. Elizabeth Gilbert has revealed how ... A year later, the American author fell in love with British photographer Simon MacArthur, but that relationship, she reveals, is now over. RELATED: Eat, Pray, Love Author Elizabeth Gilbert Mourns Death of Partner Rayya Elias, “If you have lost a loved one to death, and you thought you’d never love again, but you are feeling a pull of attraction toward someone new, and you’re not sure if that’s OK? One year after her partner Rayya died from pancreatic and liver cancer, Elizabeth Gilbert began a new relationship with Rayya's close friend Simon MacArthur It’s OK to live, and to love.”, As for those “falling in love in middle age” or who “once loved a man, and then you loved a woman, and then you loved a man”? Gilbert had a non-legal commitment ceremony with Elias in June 2017, just shy of seven months before the latter’s death.
It’s all OK, and it’s all impossible to control, and it’s all an adventure that I would not miss. In 1994, the author was married to Michael Cooper. Or...if you are falling in love in middle age and it’s terrifying, because you feel just as dumb and crazy and excited and insecure as you did at 16? It’s OK. You will always feel 16 when you are falling in love. “Our ceremony was nothing legally binding (no need to alert the authorities, folks! Let it open. And now here we are, and his heart has been such a warm place for me to land.”, Though Gilbert acknowledged that their “new and young” romance may not be ideal to some, especially after the death of her partner, she hoped that by speaking out, it would “help someone else feel more normal about their life.”. Please meet my sweetheart, Mr. Simon MacArthur. The best-selling author of Eat, Pray, Love has announced her new relationship with British photographer Simon MacArthur, just over a year since the death of her partner Rayya Elias from cancer. Seventeen years ago, Elizabeth went to Rayya for a haircut. Let me normalise THAT for you. Let it love. Elizabeth Gilbert simon macarthur rayya elias dirt bag. Products in this story are independently selected and featured editorially. Copyright © 2020 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Let me normalize it for you.

Let it love. The partners were together for a little over a year before Elias sadly lost her battle with the cancers in January 2018. The Eat, Pray, Love author said she shared the news to support others in similar situations and "normalize" her experience. Introducing ... PEOPLE's Products Worth the Hype, captioned a black and white photo of the pair. Well, darling. Well, let me normalize this for you. Do not let your gorgeous loyalty to the deceased stop you from experiencing the marvels and terrors of your short, mortal, precious life.