Proper gearing can make or break your chance of making a climb. There is very nice bike path beyond Bakerville for 5 miles to the Loveland Ski Area and access to the shorter east side of Loveland Pass. The start point is in Idaho Springs about 45 minutes east of Summit County on I-70. The ride down was pretty thrilling, a good solid 16 miles to the town of Georgetown, many of which were done on Interstate 70. 58.9 mi, +5784 ft. Bike ride in Idaho Springs, Colorado. Notice I didn’t say enjoy the US 6 portion. Stop by the Peak Cycles Bike Shop to get the insiders scoop on any of our favorite 20 Colorado Front Range road rides. Maybe I needed to breathe more of it. Some are shorter, convenient rides whereas others offer steeper, longer climbs and extended distances. PLEASE CALL TO BOOK! Arrive at Idaho Springs Bike Shop for check in and fitting You’ll either take the shuttle to the Loveland Bike Pass or meet us up there Hop on bike path that will take you all the way back down, but we will also provide a map Enjoy the ride at your own pace Stop for lunch in Georgetown if you would like Ride down to Idaho Springs Let’s meet at the commuter parking lot at 12th and Idaho St. but parking is best found elsewhere on the nearby streets. ( Log Out / 

Wednesday, 6/19/2019 Miles: 51.1 Average … Consider parking behind the Buffalo Grill and return there for lunch. This family-friendly trip is perfect for a fun (mostly downhill on paved path) and absolutely breathtaking ride through Colorado. The average grade is just under 6%. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Loveland to Idaho Springs Bike Adventure. Log In. You will take the paved path through an incredible high alpine ride and then it will open up for you to take in views before you pull into historic downtown Georgetown. Watch for parking regulation signs, you don’t want to be surprised when you get back to the car. See other rides. The best way to approach any of these rides is to come prepared: mentally, physically, and have fully inspected your bike parts. Full day bike rentals are recommended for ages 12+ with an accompanying adult with children. About two and a half miles from the top, after passing Arapahoe Basin Ski Area (where I skied about 30 years ago, and got stuck in a white out above the tree line), and while trying hard not to fall over while gasping for breath, I stuck out my thumb at an approaching pickup truck. Then it was an additional 13 downhill miles to the town of Idaho Springs, where I checked in to the H&H Motor Lodge, from which I am now writing this post. This option adds 15 miles round trip and 1,420' of steeper climb for a total of 39 miles and 3,000' of climb. Take Exit 240, turn left over the freeway and park in town.

The route parallels Clear Creek and offers good views of the creek tumbling down through the gorge and mountainside. Enjoy a fun bike ride down at your own pace. The first time, there were maybe six vehicles in an hour and a half, and none of them stopped. Colorado has some of the greatest road bike rides in the country.

Starting in Idaho Springs from the ” bus lot” of NW corner of I-70 exit 240 ride the frontage roads and bike trail to Loveland Valley ski lodge, then U.S. 6 to summit of Loveland Pass.

Similar Trips. Sign up . Consider parking behind the Buffalo Grill and return there for lunch. Historic Lariat Loop; Deer Creek Canyon; Bergen Park or Idaho Springs to Guanella Pass; Red Rocks Park Loop; Bergen Park or Idaho Springs to St. Mary’s Glacier (Alice) Idaho Springs to Loveland Pass 2020 Update: These rentals are available! We hope you enjoy your visit! Be prepared for mountain weather. 2020 Schedule Rentals available June – October Trips leave Daily at 9:30am and 1:00pm. Some of us may turn around at the ski area unless peer pressure prevails. Miles: 51.1 Locals and vacationers alike welcome the challenge of pushing the limits while taking in breathtaking views that only Colorado has to offer. Location: Idaho Springs, CO VIEW MAPVIEW MAP, Live chat (M-F 8am-6pm, Sat & Sun 8am-5pm), Arrive at Idaho Springs Bike Shop for check in and fitting, You’ll either take the shuttle to the Loveland Bike Pass or meet us up there, Hop on bike path that will take you all the way back down, but we will also provide a map, Stop for lunch in Georgetown if you would like. If not, we will meet you at Loveland Ski Area.

This is a nice early or late season ride covering 24 miles and 1,200' of relatively gentle climb from 7,500' up to 8,500'. LAST. Watch for parking regulation signs, you don’t want to be surprised when you get back to the car. Despite a good forecast, it was raining and the sky was filled with dark clouds. The route roughly parallels I-70 on secondary and some service roads. Some of us may turn around at the ski area unless peer pressure prevails.

Idaho Springs to top of Loveland Pass - A bike ride in Idaho Springs, CO Nice tough climb. If you start in Idaho Springs, you'll have a difficult 4200 foot climb over roughly 28 miles to the pass. Even though I didn’t ride the entire way up, it was still a pretty significant ride for me – 21.5 miles, 2,100 vertical feet, all uphill, at an average speed of 6.1 mph, to an elevation of around 10,000 feet. Wednesday, 6/19/2019 Current Elevation: 7,526 ft. Today was mostly a very good day, despite the asterisk in the title. For some reason, I was confused and thought that Central City, my real goal for today, was an additional twenty miles, when in reality it was only seven. It didn’t seem to make much difference. Note that Bakerville is little more than an exit off of I-70 and a parking area where the trail and jeep road to Gray's & Torrey's Peaks starts, so fill water bottles, etc. 58.9 mi, +5784 ft. Bike ride in Idaho Springs, Colorado. 58.9 mi, +5784 ft. Bike ride in Idaho Springs, Colorado. Loveland Pass from Idaho Springs. You can also start in Georgetown or Bakerville and go the opposite direction if you prefer to do the uphill portion on the way back. Today, the first one stopped. Make this my default view for rides — Return to new ride page — dismiss. Leave your bike at the pick up location, hop in your car, and you will be on your way. Features Upgrade Route Planner Organizations Find Stories. 04. We enjoy the nice bike path to the Loveland Valley ski area and then take US 6 up to the top of Loveland Pass. This was a very nice spot to park. September 23 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm « Gravel – Monument and beyond; Cancelled – Guanella – Too much traffic » Let’s meet at the commuter parking lot at 12th and Idaho St. but parking is best found elsewhere on the nearby streets. I think it was the elevation that got to me more than the climb itself. This family-friendly trip is perfect for a fun (mostly downhill) and absolutely breathtaking ride through Colorado. Max Elevation: 11,990 ft. Bike through the beautiful town and end up at the amazing reservoir for a total of 15 miles of downhill biking on a paved greenway.
Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Copper Mtn and Vail pass are only a few miles onward.

If you prefer a lot more challenge, climb Guanella Pass out of Georgetown. Best part about it is that we can also provide the shuttle and transportation of your bike as an add-on, so this can be a hassle free adventure. I plan on bringing my mountain bike out with me and I would like to bike a safe route from Commerce City, to Loveland Pass and back. Open in the App × You are currently viewing the classic ride page. The first 10 miles or so was either flat or slightly uphill. So here I am in Idaho Springs. Rent our cruisers for an amazing down hill ride from Loveland Ski Area to Georgetown, Colorado.

Rent our cruiser bikes for an amazing down hill ride from Loveland Ski Area to Idaho Springs, Colorado. LAST. ... Idaho Springs to Loveland Pass and Return. Sign up.

- 57.6 mi, +4932 ft. Bike ride in Idaho Springs, CO Nice tough climb. Leave your bike at the pick up location, hop in your car, and you will be on your way. Features Upgrade Route Planner Organizations Find Stories. September 23 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm ... We enjoy the nice bike path to the Loveland Valley ski area and then take US 6 up to the top of Loveland Pass. Just another manifestation of my obsession with riding. There I had a late lunch, a hamburger at 3 in the afternoon. Loveland Pass is an 8.7-mile (17.5 mile round trip) 2,600' climb from Keystone's River Run base area. In any event, I should be at the Busey’s house tomorrow night. ( Log Out /  This is a nice early or late season ride covering 24 miles and 1,200' of relatively gentle climb from 7,500' up to 8,500'. We love to blog about bikes, bike parts, bike gear, bike everything!!! Buzzy is going to drive out and meet me either in Nederland or somewhere on the road. ( Log Out /  The start point is in Idaho Springs about 45 minutes east of Summit County on I-70. Take Exit 240, turn left over the freeway and park in town. No way am I doing twenty more miles today, but 7 would have been reasonable. But you never know for sure, and I was feeling pretty knackered. I unloaded my bike, put everything in the back of the truck, and climbed into the cab. If you would like a little more distance and challenge, continue past Georgetown, through the old mining town of Silver Plume to Bakerville. I will be visiting Denver, Colorado in Late August. You can bike to the beautiful reservoir and take a break for lunch and from there you will take the beautiful frontage road with a bike path all the way to Idaho Springs, Colorado. I was ready to go at 8:05 a.m., breakfast and all. Skip to content.
I was undecided whether to start riding or wait until tomorrow. I was terribly dizzy, whether pedaling or walking. So I planned and executed my morning carefully to get an early start. Log In. Today was a big day, Loveland Pass, probably the biggest climb of the entire ride, and at high elevation, to boot. Enjoy a fun bike ride down at your own pace. I wish I’d gone on to Central City. Then a magnificent double rainbow appeared, almost right over my head in the motel parking lot. Other great places to ride include: Guanella Pass Scenic Byway; Loveland Pass; Berthoud Pass; Peaks to Plains Trail (coming soon) Still under construction, the Peaks to Plains Trail is a proposed 65-mile path that will connect the South Platte Trail in Denver to the headwaters of Clear Creek at Loveland Pass.

Location: Idaho Springs, CO VIEW MAPVIEW MAP, from $59 - $74 with Shuttle to Loveland Bike Path, Live chat (M-F 8am-6pm, Sat & Sun 8am-5pm), Pack a lunch to enjoy by the reservoir for a fun picnic, Layers (temperature changes are common in CO). Notice I didn’t say enjoy the US 6 portion. We will take you to the Loveland Bike Path and give you an overview of the trail and send you on your way with a custom map. The only problem was the weather. Especially considering my medical history (minor heart attack 17 years ago), sticking out my thumb seemed like the smart thing to do. Blue sunny skies, and not much wind, but it felt really cold, although my thermometer said about 60°. 140/130mm of travel, Fox 34…. at the Georgetown Visitor Center. 58.9 mi, +5784 ft. Bike ride in Idaho Springs, Colorado. With so many to choose from, why not do them all this summer! 9 Comments | Peak Cycles Bicycle Shop | Tagged: Bergen Park or Idaho Springs to Guanella Pass, Bergen Park or Idaho Springs to St. Mary's Glacier (Alice), bike parts, brakes, Colorado, Deer Creek Canyon, Idaho Springs to Loveland Pass, Lariat Loop, Mount Evans Hill Climb, Red Rocks Park Loop, road bike | Permalink