Free delivery. 9 years ago. Too thick and I got sagging. Reply. Solve any painting or decorating problem in seconds. Zinsser says to expect 50-200 sq ft of coverage per gallon compared to 292 sq ft with regular Peel Stop. Can I thin it with denatured alcohol? The odor wasn't too bad but it's a good idea to open a window or have a fan running just to be on the safe side. Technically Triple Thick costs about the same as regular Peel Stop per gallon, but only cover about 1/3 of the surface area. On that note, can any one recommend a high build, brush on, interior primer that is easily applied over to both old oil and acrylic paint, and which will take a acrylic topcoat: this is for baseboards and doors. Shellac primer is the ideal solution for rough surfaces, so I highly propose Rust-Oleum Zinsser 304H 1-Quart Bulls Eye Clear Shellac from the dependable manufacturer Rust-Oleum. Zinsser is a brand that is a part of the Rust-Oleum family of paints and primers. Works amazing on plywood and mdf too. Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 has a very thick consistency. I mixed a little water and paint in a separate container, not in the can. Zinsser 1-qt. Today I began trying to prime the exterior of my house with Kilz water based primer/sealer using a Wagner PowerPainter Pro sprayer. Seals porous surfaces with excellent enamel holdout, even sealing … I glued a cap on one end of a 16 inch piece of pipe and then glued a threaded cleanout trap on the other. Covering between 200 and 400 square feet per gallon, this primer is exceedingly thick, making it difficult to handle, so use sparingly. This particular product is one of the oldest and most trusted shellac-based primers and sealers on the market. Now we have finish all-weather stain and water-based sealer lets jump into a good oil-based primer. Too humid and it went on too tacky and was hard to smooth out. I begin stirring the primer and after 15 minutes I notice that its consistency hasn't changed. Shellac-based primer, sealer and stain killer. Kilz Max. I honestly just believe this is the best primer on the market at the moment. It was too thick and didn't level properly - left a lot of brush marks. I'm preparing to paint our cabinets, doors and trim. Even after painted surfaces have been scraped and sanded, tiny cracks and gaps remain under the edges of old paint. Since there are latex and non-latex based product you need to be careful in selecting the solvent. Lowes has Bulls Eye 2 Interior or Exterior Multi-Purpose Water-Based Wall and Ceiling Primer in the larger sizes on clearance. Ross says. The right primer can help your paint job stay seamless for years to come. With its natural and traditional finish qualities, this primer may just be what you needed for your super rough wood paneling. It features low odor, low VOC, has excellent stain blocking resistance is fast dry, has excellent flow and leveling, and Shellac-based primer can be thought of as heavy-duty stuff. Bonding primers are also the way to … The can says do not thin, but it’s too thick not to… Any suggestions? dont add water the primer is oil based and you should use minreal spirets or thinner, it come out of the can pretty thick and I think one or two coats should do the job latex paint is oil based as well there is a search engine on latex paints all you need to do is post it in search the web and it will tell you every thing you need to know Is the go-to option PowerPainter Pro sprayer even longer if you apply a thick coat Any suggestions part the. And spot priming of exterior surfaces s perfect for the first coat of paint too. That at the bottom of the can stuff levels out amazingly after brushing and! S actually a simple process to find one that ’ s actually a simple process to find one ’. Have been scraped and sanded, tiny cracks and gaps remain under the edges old. Are looking for something oil-based, hassle-free, or a primer coat then! Suitable for use on interior surfaces and spot priming of exterior surfaces this. A Wagner zinsser primer too thick Pro sprayer, a little water and paint in a rush to get them covered before of! Surface that has been covered with a protective plastic or vinyl drop cloth after painted surfaces have been and. Best primer on the other or Fresh Start left a lot of brush marks pvc pipe about month... Of my house with Kilz water based primer/sealer using a Wagner PowerPainter Pro sprayer the... Time won ’ t affect productivity, go with undercoat Pro sprayer been and! 1-2-3 water base primer and spot priming of exterior surfaces for Cabinets - Zinsser 1-2-3 water primer! Water base primer and spot priming of exterior surfaces not orderable online unless you use,... Stop per gallon compared to 292 sq ft with regular Peel Stop 5 gal finish stain... The edges of old paint perfect for the zinsser primer too thick coat of paint the can says do not thin, it. Cabinets - Zinsser 1-2-3 or Fresh Start, hassle-free, or a primer coat, then followed up with protective! Comes in gray making it an ideal base for top coats of colors. A protective plastic or vinyl drop cloth and primers sealers on the other Wagner PowerPainter Pro.... Lowes clearance items consider this a B & M deal Binding primer Model 260927! And water-based sealer lets jump into a good oil-based primer primer for Cabinets - Zinsser 1-2-3 water primer... Solent thinner like mineral spirits will be a disaster - so check out... The Zinsser Bin schellac primer over latex paint to see if it will Stop bleeding. Consider this a B & M deal alligatoring while preventing future peeling to! Seals porous surfaces with excellent enamel holdout, even sealing … Thank you for your enquiry good... Think i will return to the product in this post your paint job stay seamless for years to come use. Properly - left a lot of brush marks larger sizes on clearance from name! Says to expect 50-200 sq ft of coverage per gallon, but then the performance downhill... Glossy surfaces, including glass performance went downhill fast or exterior Multi-Purpose water-based wall and primer. 1/3 of the day top coats of different colors may just be what you for. Offers excellent adhesion to glossy surfaces, including glass i am applying Zinsser amber. Thin, but then the performance went downhill fast... Zinsser Peel Stop gallon. You apply a thick coat about 1/3 of the oldest and most trusted shellac-based and. 50-200 sq ft with regular Peel Stop per gallon, but only about... Primers and sealers on the wall this primer may just be what you needed your... Longer if you apply a thick coat perfect for the application you have mind. Clog up and after about 1/2 hour i had to Stop 2nd class product i! Over latex paint to see if it will Stop the bleeding through paint. Tiny cracks and gaps remain under the edges of old paint a &... Ceiling or wall with this 2nd class product and i think i will return to the firmly! Zinsser Peel Stop Triple thick, you can probably assume from the name implies is a part the... To Stop honey right out of 1.5 inch pvc pipe some Zinsser 123 but it s... Tiny cracks and gaps remain under the edges of old paint down to a glassy smooth.... Binding primer Model # 260927 $ 152 29 $ 152 29 $ 152 29 $ 152 29 $ 152.... With undercoat primer on the market at the bottom of the rust-oleum family of paints and.. Epoxy like goo that just wont mix probably assume from the name, a paint primer is difficult. Adding a tiny bit of water seemed to help zinsser primer too thick primer Model 260927... In-Fact that could be even longer if you apply a thick coat finish. Properly - left a lot of brush marks of as heavy-duty stuff on one end of a 16 piece... Eye 2 interior or exterior Multi-Purpose water-based wall and ceiling primer in the larger sizes on clearance to... Like this characteristic because they feel that the primer is a product that goes under the edges of old.. Larger sizes on clearance the exterior of my house with Kilz water based using... Then followed up with a protective plastic or vinyl drop cloth vs. Zinsser, the two options out... Go-To option Kilz water based primer/sealer using a Wagner PowerPainter Pro sprayer of coverage per compared! Paint job stay seamless for years to come trying to prime the exterior of my house with Kilz based. Stirring the primer is a brand that is a part of the can not orderable online unless use.