Killing them is illegal as they are protected under the bird act. There was a pair a few hundred yards from us and we thought the were just displaying. So frankly... as much as I work with birds and wildlife and love it all.. Ive decided teh Crow is just not too bright really!
How do you think about the answers? Should I keep this pigeon or let it free? Commonly referred to as “buzzards,” vultures are found throughout the United States and can be destructive when they decide to roost on roofs. They have natural enemies, such as owls and hawks, that they will constantly torment, so it may be mistaking a kite for one of its enemies. 11 Answers. The truth of the matter is that vultures are not a threat. I have hardly ever seen my local Buzzards kill anything at all. your area to take care of the problem. We service over 500 locations. Among the most effective methods of keeping away vultures or buzzards as they are also known is making roosting impossible. ? The Turkey Vulture Society recommends the use of water squirting scarecrows. Our golden eagle regularly gets bombed by crows when we go out flying. Once here is motion in the yard, they release a jet of water. This buzzard was chased into this tree by about 30-40 crows(I think). These birds live on dead trees, and on rooftops.

You have to be patient. It will act as a good deterrent. The Turkey Buzzards here in the central plains of the US are plentiful, but I've never seen them hunt anything. They also mob non-predators such as grey herons, whose large size and flight silhouette they mistake for a bird of prey. I often see crows attacking kites. To scare away the vultures put decoys of owls and hawks on nearby trees. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development.

Her essays have been used on college entrance exams and she has more than 4,000 publishing credits. Considering the difference in size. I have also heard that Crows like to harrass BoPs as they see them as a threat too. Still have questions? I have witnessed Buzzards harrassing both Crow and Jackdaw, this also looks like they are hunting them, I have never been absolutely certain of their intent, but then the crows do give my local buzzards a hard time, especially during pairing / mating, and then the buzzards do try to evict any attempts of the corvid family nesting too close to their nesting tree.
The best way to deal with them is to make perching impossible. yes it is commen i see it alot because i live in the country  ive been told they do it to keep them away from there terrotory  but very rare it may be i have seen a buzzard turn on a crow it wasnt a prety sight but it was amazing, http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonandkaren2323/. Was out yesterday with a freind of mine and we were watching the local buzzards soaring together.