We do not have to be identical to live in peace. I should note that the climax--although powerful--was partly fictional in the sense that Steve already knew who speared his father while living amongst the Auca (Wawoni [spelling?]) Only the Order of the Fire stands in the way. 4 thumbs up for the cast, crew and all those involved with this wonderful movie. They wandered in deserts and mountains, and hid in caves and holes in the ground. Here's the plot: ""End of the Spear" is the story of Mincayani, a Waodani tribesman from the jungles of Ecuador. Amazon's Choice recommends highly rated and well-priced products. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Though the movie started out interesting, and the locations are beautiful, it's hard to ignore the fact that the the ageless story of Christians thinking their religion is superior to others and destroying cultures is still accepted. Throughout the film white people are presented as good and loving, while indigenous people are presented as quarrelsome, not loving, and stupid. Reviewed in the United States on April 5, 2015, I experienced this as a VERY moving account of the true story where five Christian missionaries managed to find the fierce unreached Waodani tribe in the rain-forests of Ecuador. Mystery and mayhem have taken root in the cursed province of Hurlig Ridge. Hebrews 11:37-39 They were stoned, they were sawed in two, they were put to death by the sword. I have read books by Elizabeth Elliot and was interested in how a book on this event would come out on film. Rather then hate those who killed their relatives, some of the missionaries' family members went on not only to forgive them but to continue mission work amongst them. After hearing about this film on the radio, I was disappointed when it did not show in my town. as a child. Then considering the many diseases the natives were exposed to be said Christians wiped out whole villages also takes place in this movie I find it hard to believe she reviews found this story inspiring. Not worth watching. End of the Spear features the events of 1956 from the perspectives of the Waodani tribe leader, Mincayani, a quasi-fictional figure played by Louie … Excellent account of a true story! Although it is not mentioned, the film reflects the famous saying of one of the missionaries, Jim Elliot - "It is no loss to lose that which you cannot keep to gain that which you cannot lose! Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.

Unable to add item to List.

Repentance and change, instead of revenge, love conquering hatred. Having known the true story for decades, this movie was a great account of it from a point of view I hadn't heard before. It was spellbinding. It is changing my life. Reviewed in the United States on May 6, 2017. Kate wants to be part of it. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Reviewed in the United States on July 17, 2019. AN unfortunate story of Christian interference. Breathtaking scenery. has been added to your Cart, The Illumination Project (Love and Respect Now), Love and Respect Building Block DVD Study - Small Group Kit, Eat Popcorn Watch Movies Ignore the World t-shirt - Movies T-Shirt, Love and Respect Live Marriage Conference DVD - 10 Session Study (HD). When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the... Set against the backdrop of a violent gang war, the police commissione... Alejandro Gerber Bicecci’s “Vaho (Becloud)” tells the story of three c... Kern has to fight an evil menace that could destroy the earth when Ver... “My best friend, Anna, asked me if I would mind taking her fifteen-yea... Twenty-something and aimless, Joey Vitello still lives at home with hi... A charming and unaffected film about five 17-year-old guys from Helsin... Fifteen-year-old Owen Norris is at the top of his graduating middle-sc... Two amateur circus kids from a poor Ukrainian village, ten-year-old Ba... "Miss World 1970: The launch of a revolution", "If it chooses you, nothing can save you.

Demons rush through the gate to Hell, bent on destroying humankind. If only all people would respect and treat others as they want to be treated and be a good example as these missionaries did, the world would be a better place. If only the rest of the world would take a lesson from this movie.