However, for those interested in learning more about the Edwards marriage and family, this is perhaps the best work available. Through it all was his faithful wife Sarah. He spoke of Sarah: ‘Give my kindest love to my dear wife, and tell her that the uncommon union which has so long subsisted between us has been of such a nature as I trust is spiritual and therefore will continue forever’” (201). The Edwards' town of Northampton was no exception. Sarah Edwards, the wife of Jonathan Edwards, was an inspirational woman. This is a great look into the life and relationship of Jonathan and Sarah Edwards.

Sarah Edwards recognized the unique gifts God had given her husband and the tasks He had fitted him to do, tasks that only Jonathan Edwards could do. Overall, a highly recommended read! It is difficult to imagine what the marriage between Jonathan & Sarah was like, but felt like this book gave a nice picture. Novel was an entertaining read. 3. All I can say is, I was truly blessed and thankful by and for their lives!!! This book is just delightful. ===== Wife of Jonathan Edwards ===== Pierpont is spelled in many ways.

I read this in high school, and again as a young wife and mother. It was intriguing to read about the life of Sarah Edwards and what attracted her husband to her.

He had entered college at thirteen, and graduated valedictorian. This is a book on Sarah, the wife of Jonathan Edwards. Add the first question.

He wrote of the Edwards clan: Whatever the family has done, it has done ably and nobly. Edwards spoke in a low voice and still distinctly. Sarah Edwards recognized the unique gifts God had given her husband and the tasks He had fitted him to do, tasks that only Jonathan Edwards could do.

Leaders of a prestigious colonial American church parish, the Edwards survived the death of children and... View production, box office, & company info.
Leaders of a prestigious colonial American church parish, the Edwards survived the death of children and grandchildren, international fame for spiritual leadership, and local humiliation and public ridicule from … She gave birth to eleven children, eight girls and three boys, and ran the Edwards' household. She challenges and encourages me to be a Godly wife and mom.

It’s encouraging to see a biography dedicated to a woman whose husband pursued her as a girl, leaned on her for support of the entire household as an adult, and spoke admiringly of her at his deathbed.
He was, however, unique. This is the story of Edwards and his remarkable wife Sarah as seen through her eyes.

What a blessing this book was! I wholeheartedly recommend this book! Marriage to a Difficult Man: The Uncommon Union of Jonathan and Sarah Edwards by Elizabeth Dodds.

(This is a reprint.). How great to see how the descendants of Edwards made such an impact in American society due to the influence of these two people. Like Sarah Edwards. Sarah Edwards, the wife of Jonathan Edwards, was an inspirational woman. ("Difficult" obviously merits a more traditional definition than our modern minds gravitate towards (negatively)). It is a picture of the life of Sarah Edwards, wife of great American theologian, Jonathan Edwards.

This is the story of Edwards and his remarkable wife Sarah as seen through her eyes. But it is one instance of one soul “being filled to all the fullness of God.” As her husband was to describe it, God had filled Sarah … I could see such parallel between the Edwards and Billy and Ruth Graham. He didn’t appreciate and love her for her subservience, he respected her input and she left a great home in the household on rare occasions when she was away.