Computer Programming Forums : Questions and Answers, Articles, Tutorials, and Code Snippets, Codemiles.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Project under GPL source codes are posted here. Code for a Java Pong game. Pong is a fairly trivial game, but still requires a little infrastructure to do right. your coworkers to find and share information. they're used to log you in. We use essential cookies to perform essential website functions, e.g. Event binding on dynamically created elements? Page 1 of 3 - Game - A simple Pong - posted in Java Tutorials: Hello guys, this is my first thread. Re: Pong Game in Java 793415 May 25, 2010 2:37 PM ( in response to 843789 ) s.amir. We want to create a basic Pong game with basic functionality. This game is just a simple game that I did to help me program C# with Unity. Any fix for this? About: good looking smart and intelligent, Write in Braille With B.E.E! How to make the ball move faster when it hits paddle? there you go you can now play your favorite game #pingpong. Sample code *Project Name: ping pong java code-sticker ball * Programmer: msi_333 & Casper * Type: Game * Technology: Java * IDE: NetBeans * Description: This is a sticker ball Java applet netBeans made by two codemiles members.The Game is so simple .Just move the sticker to kick the ball.IF the computer miss the ball you will get score point. Right now, it compiles but we're having trouble drawing paddles and the ball onto the panel (we really don't have an elaborate understanding of the graphics class). Learn more, We use analytics cookies to understand how you use our websites so we can make them better, e.g. And i will show you how to make a simple Pong game. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons! It looks like you're new here. We use optional third-party analytics cookies to understand how you use GitHub.com so we can build better products. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. How can I create a two dimensional array in JavaScript? Well, we have specific numbers because we wanted to try specific sizes and just initialize the values to something. 5 years ago 6 Replies - 90366 Views - Last Post: 09 September 2013 - 12:39 PM, Simple Java IDE [Batch] - Meant For Windows. This is what we have so far. View Source Code modi123_1, on 09 September 2013 - 10:07 AM, said: This post has been edited by Mylo: 09 September 2013 - 10:45 AM, This post has been edited by Mylo: 09 September 2013 - 11:00 AM. Instantly share code, notes, and snippets. We really haven't worked outside of the topics in regular AP Computer Science A, so we need a little help. Right now, we are struggling with creating the images of the ball and gamepaddles in the panel. juego de ping pong en java netbeans, es un juego ping pong javascript, tambien ping pong java netbeans o ping pong codigo java, ejemplos de juegos en java, como hacer un juego en java eclipse, juegos sencillos en java netbeans. Stack Overflow for Teams is a private, secure spot for you and * Project Name: ping pong java code-sticker ball * Programmer: msi_333 & Casper * Type: Game * Technology: Java * IDE: NetBeans * Description: This is a sticker ball Java applet netBeans made by two codemiles members.The Game is so simple .Just move the sticker to kick the ball.IF the computer miss the ball you will get score point. This is a sticker ball Java applet netBeans made by two codemiles members.The Game is so simple .Just move the sticker to kick the ball.IF the computer miss the ball you will get score point. Two things: a) It is called Pong, not ping pong. This sketch is created with an older version of Processing, and doesn't work on browsers anymore. read more… Computer AI. Learn more. Need Members For Completely Beginer Gaming Team, AttoWPU - "avant-garde" Processor And Programming Language. Square root of doubly positive symmetric matrices. There is no computer AI, but a 2 player game is now possible. Ball class that draws the ball and also check its collision with the paddles. Thank you all for the feedback, I really appreciate it! This is a two-player game in which players need to touch the ball with the paddle if the ball will not touch the paddle then the other player will get numbers and vice versa. Code for a Java Pong game. Sample code java code My problem is now that there is no collision between the paddles and balls. Alright so recently I needed to create a game practically over night for an assignment and after much confusion I finally snapped out of it and came up with this simple Pong game which I programmed in Java NetBeans IDE, I know it isn't perfect but I haven't completely finished it yet. It provides users a new experience that is different from the usual pong games available. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. I would have the 'Pong' class manage the logic of the same, since Pong is a game, not a type of window, and have the GamePanel deal with the display of the game. It is a freeware game so users need not pay any amount to play it. Is a contiguous_range always a sized_range? Hi, my friend and I are working on our final project for the end of the year in Java. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. I am trying to create a pong game. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Archived Sketch. For more information, see our Privacy Statement. Rear derailleur at limit, chain still rubbing. I am a total novice and so I am simply trying to learn. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Im trying to make a simple pong game but i can't get my ball to move. Avoid using statics. Here is my code. Can we round-trip travel to Brazil from the USA with our 5-month-old daughter using just her birth certificate? rev 2020.10.19.37839, Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled, Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Programming & related technical career opportunities, Recruit tech talent & build your employer brand, Reach developers & technologists worldwide, How to communicate more deliberately and efficiently when working remotely, Responding to the Lavender Letter and commitments moving forward. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Paddle.java Applications of symplectic geometry to classical mechanics. I am trying to create a pong game. Clone with Git or checkout with SVN using the repository’s web address. I really hope that you might be able to able me. You might look into MVC architecture. (ball_x + dx > player1x) Shouldn't it be the other way around? Would it have been possible to launch rockets in secret in the 1960s? How to explain that winning the lottery is not a 50/50 distribution? 6. You seem to have your 'Pong' class only managing the JFrame, and GamePanel managing all the logic. Try to use methods in the respective class to expose such information, so they can be changed, and propagated throughout the system in one location. T his Pong Game Java Project game has been designed using Java Applet. Determining if mystery PCB with barrel jack power connector is center positive or center negative, Sci-fi novel or novella where "Eliza Tertia" was one of the main characters, Finding all the Pythagorean triplets with all numbers less than 1000. Once again, any advice would be appreciated. That's the main problem as of now. Share it with us! My problem is now that there is no collision between the paddles and balls. Thanks! Eclipse V. NetBeans - Which Is Better For Java & C++ Development?? It is messy I must admit. I created 2 classes for ball and paddle, but i don't know how to call the methods for moving and bouncing inside the Pong class (it works ok if i launch if from Ball class). GitHub Gist: instantly share code, notes, and snippets. Avoid using statics. Why are longer wings with foldable wingtips used on the B777X instead of lighter ones with original size? ball_x + dx < player1x. read more… Conclusion. on Introduction. This is a pong game programed in NetBeans Java. Does copyright law protect a translation of an ancient work from being translated into a third language? b) you should go through the code and explain things so people learn from the code. First of all, like im Mexican, all my variables will be in Spanish, but i will write comments in English about what do each part of code. Did you make this project? Help identifying either an anthology or specific short story contained therein. site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. b) you should go through the code and explain things so people learn from the code. - DIY Braille Embosser. wrote: ..Once again, any advice would be appreciated. Active 3 years, 6 months ago. Allowing us to run single player games or even watch the computer playing itself. they're used to gather information about the pages you visit and how many clicks you need to accomplish a task. Creating a pong game in Netbeans. It has single player as well as double player option. What if the two Black Holes spiraling around each other are evaporating via their Hawking radiation? How does Darth Vader sleep with his suit? I really hope that you might be able to able me. Its a .jar file so you need java on your computer to run the game. Ask Question Asked 3 years, 6 months ago. We use optional third-party analytics cookies to understand how you use GitHub.com so we can build better products. Make a line animation that is thicker at the start and thinner at the end? line 33 this } move to line 29. public void move() { I say simple because i made it in less than 40 min. Every time I try to call a method from Ball class i get this: Any ideas what we are doing. In part5, I implement a rudimentary AI for the computer player. Nice code, but they paddles do not move? You can always update your selection by clicking Cookie Preferences at the bottom of the page. 5. I am a total novice and so I am simply trying to learn. ..we're having trouble drawing paddles and the ball onto the panel .. Software in Silicon (Sample Code & Resources). Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! How to add date to stderr (not filename but inside log file)? Your choice of y to signify width hurts a bit, however, it seems to me you're only checking collision once the ball has passed the player paddle? Learn more. line 77 remove "; ". 6. The Main class from which all things are controlled. Pong game in Java. ping pong game - java-Sticker-ball game (modified v1.1), Ball Color Match 2D Java Game Version 1.0, 2d game in java-Monster-Java 2D Game Graphics and Animation, fill all Squares of game board - 2d Java Game Example. Viewed 63 times 1. What are those items hanging behind the shop keeper? GitHub Gist: instantly share code, notes, and snippets. You signed in with another tab or window. Could 14th century Europe protect a knight from an M1911 pistol? Download Netbeans from this link: http://sh.st/gVMvG, Download java from this link: http://sh.st/gVMP8, extract the file or you can open net beans and paste this code, Run the file annd Voila! #arcade