Systemic racism is at the heart of understanding what happened, with issues that not only trace back to this country's past but also its near-future. He had silver hair and was signing papers. ClearPath - Your Roadmap to Health & Wealth, The Politics of Poultry on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, In The Hole: Understanding Maryland's Opiod Epidemic, Life at Sea Level - Living with Climate Change on the Chesapeake Bay, 2216 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218. I love John Oliver. And I equate it with a sort of softness of lifestyle.

SIMON: (Laughter) Gil Faizon and George St. Geegland from the Upper West Side of Manhattan, sound an awful lot like Nick Kroll and John Mulaney, if they don't watch themselves. (soundbite of podcast, "oh, hello: the p'dcast") JOHN MULANEY: (As George St. Geegland) In 1997, the president, Bill Clinton, was in his office.

It is out tomorrow, April 3. MULANEY: (As George St. Geegland) Thank you. Well we've got you covered, with a range of the best podcasts to come out in 2020 so far this year, from true crime, social issues, comedy, and even fiction. Through interviews with survivors and reporting that addresses the media misinformation and government incompetence around the catastrophe, host Vann R. Newkirk II shows how the real storm that devastated New Orleans was the same one that's been brewing in America for centuries. The funniest part is that, if that's true, writing a song with a catchy hook was one of the most effective tactics in the U. S. government's battle against the Soviet Union. John and Conan sit down to chat about being nominated for an OBE, the silliest ways they’ve spent their show budgets, why the U.S. got the best of British comedy, performing with the Cambridge Footlights, and why John can never watch The Great British Baking Show.

Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR. JOHN MULANEY: (As George St. Geegland) In 1997, the president, Bill Clinton, was in his office. Jacob: So wait when we talk about John Oliver— Kaylie: Ok wait—let me backtrack, let me backtrack. KROLL: (As Gil Faizon) But in this case, Princess Diana wanted s'mores. Many of you have asked how you can help 92Y as we face tremendous financial losses due to COVID-19. MULANEY: (As George St. Geegland) And she also would put the chocolate on the graham cracker first and put it near the fire so she'd have a soft chocolate. And when my daughter or anyone under the age of 70 tells me to put it on, what I like to do is equate the mask with a lack of masculinity. Regardless, each is worth giving a shot and one could even become your new favorite podcast. 'Cause I'm long and low to the ground, brother. ), Topics: History, society, racism, politics, New Orleans. After coronavirus forced all of us into quarantine and the entertainment industry at large into indefinite hiatus, podcasting found new relevance. If you're a true crime obsessive, try checking out our other roundup of the best new true crime podcasts too.

So that's enough for me already. Gil Faizon and George St. Geegland, two men of a certain age in turtlenecks from the Upper West Side of Manhattan, ran an "Oh, Hello" for 138 performances on Broadway a couple of years ago, far longer than the runs of "Hamilton" and the original "Oklahoma" combined and became a Netflix special because, after all, they've got a lot of time to fill there. Site Menu DONATE. SIMON: Gil Faizon and George St. Geegland join us from the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Well, you did manage to snare a spot on our show, though, so you know... MULANEY: (As George St. Geegland) And what a joy to be in any content. They've been trying to get some cash out of this any way they can. MULANEY: (As George St. Geegland) It makes coffee different is what I'd say about NPR. The all new original comedy special by the same name launches globally on Netflix June 13.. Oh, Hello on Broadway ran for 138 record breaking performances at Broadway's Lyceum Theatre. But Nick Kroll and John Mulaney are asking the audience to join them in donating to the United Way of NYC, providing incredibly important services to underprivileged and underserved communities in New York City, and Off Their Plate, it connects restaurants who have been struggling during this time providing them with the money to make meals for hospital workers and first responders that are at the front lines of defeating COVID.

But there is more. It's a must-listen for all who don't face the lived experience of this ever-present fear and threat. SIMON: Well, thank you. Menu

Does not include service & handling fees, if applicable.

KROLL: (As Gil Faizon) You know, we believe ourselves, like everybody else's parents, to be invincible. But that doesn't mean we're not going to go to the bodega and mix it up and touch everything and then, you know, put our hands to our lips and fingers and touch your mezuzah and kiss it and work out and go to a 500-person ultra orthodox funeral in Williamsburg. When we heard that we were going to be on NPR, we needed CPR because we were so excited to be on the show and also because I had eaten a cashew and it had gotten lodged in my throat, and I actually needed CPR. This is not how they did things.