Ray Hadley is urging everybody to listen to a speech which he says is “as powerful as you can get”. He will eventually die a slow and painful death but the legacy he leaves behind will last an age. Mr Daniher was born in 1961, the third of 11 children and part of the famous Daniher footballing clan of four brothers who played a combined 752 AFL games. Mr Daniher hopes that his book will help this awareness to continue growing. "Back in my grandparents' day, you didn't talk about yourself that much. You build up resilience. It’s about adversity. It’s about life. Donations to the Building Greatness Appeal are fully tax deductible. The 90-year-old farmer died late Friday afternoon on the family’s Hillview property at Ungarie in New South Wales. James 'Jim' Daniher died aged 90 after a farm accident in Ungarie on Friday. • Terry Daniher, Neale Daniher, Anthony Daniher and Chris Daniher. “I’m on the side of the road in the bush, listening. Tributes are flowing following the death of the patriarch of the Daniher family. Matthew Lloyd has predicted a tough road ahead for the GWS Giants after star forward Jeremy Cameron's decision to leave, GWS Giants co-captain Callan Ward in tears after suffering second knee injury in AFL return, GWS Giants hand Geelong their first loss of the season, Callan Ward injured, Voss tipped to be next North Melbourne coach, Giants facing grim future after Cameron call. "When I was diagnosed, I didn't know what it was and not many people had heard about it and because of that, there had been little funding," he said. He went on to become a highly respected coach. See our privacy policy for more information. Terry's brothers, Neale, Anthony and Chris, also played for Essendon in the AFL. They reached the elite level in an era when tobacco sponsorship and a few beers with the opposition after a game were the norm. Ray has been an ambassador in the fight against MND for more than two decades, raising money for research through the sale of his compilation CDs. You will enjoy exclusive content, competition updates and other benefits as part of “It’s obviously a very sad time, and the club sends its sincere condolences to Edna, and the wider Daniher family,’’ he said. Mr Daniher told The Daily Advertiser the idea for the book came as he sat down to write a letter to his future grandchildren. "Essendon Football Club wishes to extend its deepest condolences to the Daniher family following the passing of James (Jim) Daniher late on Friday evening," the club said in a statement on Saturday. It was the first time a quartet of brothers had played together in a State game. The AFL's famous Daniher clan is in mourning after the death of its patriarch Jim. Mr Daniher said the event - which sends celebrities sliding into a pool of icy water in the middle of a Melbourne winter - was inspired by the "ice bucket challenge" that went viral on social media in 2014. Anthony Joseph Daniher (born 21 January 1963) is a former Australian rules footballer who played with the South Melbourne/Sydney and Essendon Football Clubs in the Australian Football League (AFL). Neale Daniher refers to it as "The Beast", but most Australians know it as motor neurone disease. You can now log in once to listen live, watch live, join competitions, enjoy exclusive 2GB content and other benefits. Michael Voss tipped to be next North Melbourne Kangaroos coach. "I wanted my grandchildren to know a bit about their Pop. "He was a great bloke, Jim," McCormack said. The AFL’s famous Daniher clan is in mourning after the death of its patriarch Jim. "He was a farmer right until the very end. This project has brought so many people from the Assumption family together and we are extremely proud to announce that the building will be named in honour of our much-loved alumnus, Neale Daniher, AM, (Class of 1978). Love you forever." Don't make excuses, I'd say. Neale Daniher with wife Jan and daughters Bec and Lauren in their family home in Canterbury. Mr Daniher believes awareness of MND in the general community is growing. Donations to the Building Greatness Appeal are fully tax deductible. Jan Daniher joined Neil Mitchell in studio on Wednesday. This is his speech to his former club, the Melbourne Demons, before last week’s Fight MND game at the MCG. In his book, Mr Daniher writes: "I always wanted to make something of my time on this earth, to have my hands on the wheel of life, not just be a car crash waiting to happen. Terry captained the Bombers in their 1984-85 premierships. He is also the grandfather of current Bomber star Joe Daniher and former Essendon player Darcy. While Terry and Anthony started their AFL careers at South Melbourne - now Sydney - the Danihers' strongest link is to Essendon. Never play the victim," he wrote in the book. Picture: Emma Hiller. It was the first time a quartet of brothers had played together in a State game. TALE TO TELL: AFL legend Neale Daniher tackles the tough topics of motor neurone disease and mortality in his new book, When All is Said & Done. On Footy Classified, Kane Cornes was critical of the Mark of the Year winner. Terry is currently the owner of Terry Daniher Cleaning Services, a cleaning company based in … Two of his grandsons, current Bombers star Joe and former Essendon player Darcy, have also played in the AFL. "When I was first diagnosed with MND, I probably didn't think I would write a book. The 90-year-old farmer died late Friday afternoon on the family's Hillview property at Ungarie in New South Wales. We established FightMND to raise awareness and we're raising funds for some serious research.". It is the only time four brothers have played in an AFL match. Sydney: Allen & Unwin, 2009. But I was always interested in what their life was like, so I wanted to write a book so my grandchildren will know a bit about what my life was like. Thankyou for joining 2GB, we're glad you're with us. Daniher is survived by wife Edna and their 11 children. account now. THESE family photos show Neale Daniher’s journey from bouncing baby to AFL player and coach. Tributes are flowing following the death of the patriarch of the Daniher family. "Learnt so much from Dad, not so much by what he said but what he did. ISBN 1-74175-651-0 Terry's brothers, Neale, Anthony and Chris, also played for Essendon in the AFL. It’s about adversity. Plan for international farm workers to fly direct to regional Australia, The Ray Hadley Morning Show – Full Show, October 20th, The Ray Hadley Morning Show – Highlights, October 20th, Ben Fordham Highlights: Tuesday, October 20th, Ben Fordham Live for Tuesday, October 20th, 2GB Hotel of the Week – Peppers Craigieburn, WIN a Wine Selectors Prestige Wine Subscription. Died working with his boots on," he said. A farmer right until the very end, he was 90 years old. The first time the four brothers –Terry, Neale, Anthony & Chris played football together on the one team was for New South Wales in a State-of-Origin match against Victoria at the SCG on Tuesday 22 May 1990 at the SCG.