And it did.

What a great book! Johnathan Thurston has been named Queensland’s number one most influential person by The Courier-Mail’s Power 100 for his work on and off the football field.

Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read. The bestselling autobiography of a league legend. It is people like JT who make me feel like s proud Aussie. by HarperSports - AU.

Not gonna lie, I did shed s few tears there at the end. I enjoyed the openness style of this book and found it wasn't too overly detailed when it are to the technical side of the sport. There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Johnathan Dean Thurston AM (born 25 April 1983) is an Australian former professional rugby league footballer who played in the NRL. I know there’s been plenty said but mate, you’re the greatest player to have ever pulled on this jersey. I mean ALL including his infectious laugh - Ha! Real. An honest, deeply personal account of JT's ups and downs - it's like being taken along the journey of a legend in the making. “The Commonwealth Government is proud to support Johnathan Thurston’s work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in Queensland to lift school attendance, employment and family wellbeing.”. I want to thank you on behalf of the team and everyone here for everything you’ve done” - Cameron Smith Queensland State of Origin (Australian Kangaroo and Melbourne Storm Captain) Captain’s acceptance speech. “I would also like to thank and commend the jobseekers who have approached us to help find them work or undertaken our training – it’s thanks to this collaborative approach that will see us make a difference.”. Not bad for a great white who initially thought he was a small fish, hey. I know there’s been plenty said but mate, you’re the greatest player to have ever pulled on this jersey. “It’s great the contribution of a great Queenslander, but also a great Aboriginal man and Australian recognised on Saturday,” Minister Scullion said.

According to the newspaper driven initiative, Johnathan has secured the #1 Most Influential spot ahead personalities across politics, business, science, sporting and community advocates for the top honour, thanks to his impressive football career and his ongoing commitment and drive to helping Australian jobseekers find meaningful work. Johnathan Thurston at inspirational best for North Queensland Cowboys.

The Broncos are such a good side it would be hard to see them not being back up there at the end of the year.

The Broncos are such a good side it would be hard to see them not being back up there at the end of the year.
Because JT is an utterly phenomenal footy player. It's like sitting in front of JT and hearing all of it from the man himself! This is a very easy read. It gives you a small glimpse into the genius that is Johnathon Thurston. Awesome read! , HTML Large Image Quote Embed:

Time stood still. Such an enjoyable, easy-to-read book. He played as a halfback or five-eighth and was a noted goal-kicker. I picked it up in an attempt to broaden by reading and a sports bio was as far away from anything I normally read. Minister Scullion commended Thurston for the number one honour, but said he wasn’t surprised to see him selected for the prestigious role. Thoroughly enjoyed this journey of the legend - coming from humble beginnings, almost going totally off the rails in his early teens, being put back on the right path by loving family, the ratbag years of his early career, to the ornament of the game that we now know JT has evolved into. I want to thank you on behalf of the team and everyone here for everything you’ve done” - Cameron Smith Queensland State of Origin (Australian Kangaroo and Melbourne Storm Captain) Captain’s acceptance speech State of Origin Decider 2017. Great book loved the stories and the struggles. “I don’t have to tell you, I don’t think I’ve ever come across a more passionate Queenslander, and mate, for what you’ve done for this jersey, I don’t think we can ever thank you enough. Login Here. I would recommend this as a fantastic bio where the consistent values of integrity, determination and respect have guided, shaped and brought much success to the life of JT and can serve as motivation and inspiration for others. He was and still is such an inspiration to many Australians both young and old. Thurston was humbled by the number one spot, but said the real honour is when he hears the stories of young jobseekers finding meaningful work through the Academy. I had trouble putting this book down.

I've read numerous autobiographies before (mostly soccer) but I must say I've throughly enjoyed this one. What I really enjoyed about the book was the voice. What a legend!

It was emotional. “Thurston personifies Queensland,” the newspaper said on Saturday when launching the Power 100 list.

To see what your friends thought of this book. This autobiography will follow Thurston's journey from a Brisbane kid who was written off as too skinny, too slow and too wild to play professionally, to his debut with the Canterbury Bulldogs in 2003, to State of Origin star, to Dally M and Clive Churc

His chapter about Test Rugby in England had me giggling so hard over Thaiday and Cam Smith. HTML Medium Image Quote Embed: Indigenous Australian autobiographies - 2. Picture: Liam Kidston. I've read numerous autobiographies before (mostly soccer) but I must say I've throughly enjoyed this one.

Well written, however you can feel his personality through the pages. Welcome back. It made me laugh and cry just as he did. Paul Crawley, DailyTelegraph.

Such an amazing, humble human. Johnathan Thurston bares all in this autobiography, through the highs and the lows of his life so far. We’d love your help. Johnathan Thurston opened up old wounds in his autobiography that he never thought he would speak about, none more hurtful than the tragic death of his uncle Richard Saunders in 2008. Even though James Phelps has clearly guided, JT’s voice throughout is as clear as a bell. Johnathan’s determination to encourage further education in indigenous communities is also a focus of his Academy, going forward. I had trouble putting this book down. absolute superstar of the NRL and i loved reading his book even if i still have no idea what NRL is. Such a humble and inspiring man. In 2015, he became the first ever four-time Dally M Medallist for the … [url=http://www.quotehd.com/quotes/johnathan-thurston-quote-the-broncos-are-such-a-good-side-it-would-be-hard-to][img=http://www.quotehd.com/imagequotes/authors19/tmb/johnathan-thurston-quote-the-broncos-are-such-a-good-side-it-would-be.jpg[/img][/url], Please login in order to submit reports. Johnathan Thurston Quotes - The Broncos are such a good side it would be hard to see them not being back up there at the end of the year. A great and entertaining read. Johnathan Thurston has revealed how he only discovered his mum was part of the stolen generation halfway through his own career, helping change his path in life. I love a good sports biography, and this is definitely one I will read again - a. I had the privilege of being present at the 2015 NRL Grand Final and it remains to date, the best game of sport (regardless of code) that I've ever seen - I am a proud Victorian and a Melbourne Storm supporter but I will always hold a soft spot for JT and the North Queensland Cowboys after that game. A wonderful read, one that you can just hear his voice jumping off the pages and with that characteristic laugh too. A wonderful read, one that you can just hear his voice jumping off the pages and with that characteristic laugh too.

Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. Be the first to ask a question about Johnathan Thurston. It was into golden point time, with JT kicking the winning field goal as the final whistle blew. It's like sitting in front of JT and hearing all of it from the man himself!

JT's personality and sense of humour really come through.

I love a good sports biography, and this is definitely one I will read again - a wonderful read about footy, family, and never giving up. Felt like a good view into JT's life! And he never gives up. “I don’t have to tell you, I don’t think I’ve ever come across a more passionate Queenslander, and mate, for what you’ve done for this jersey, I don’t think we can ever thank you enough. Yes, I was one of the roaring 80,000 plus crowd, watching, waiting and holding my breath, praying for a miracle to happen.

“Yet, his influence extends beyond what he has done on the football field to become a driving force in politics and indigenous affairs. OMG. Plenty of laughs... Full disclosure - I’m a total JT fan and admirer, so I was keen to read his story. The rugby league legend and founder of the Johnathan Thurston Academy (JT Academy) has scored the number one spot of the who’s who of Queensland, the top 100 movers and shakers of the Sunshine State. What a legend!!! This is all thanks to the support of our major Corporate Partners, being Lendlease who have been unequivocal in their support from day one, Sony Music, Jimani Clothing, Asics Australia and Accor Hotels as well as the Federal Government support from the Minister for Indigenous Affairs, Senator Nigel Scullion.

Despite only launching in February this year, the JT Academy is gaining traction and establishing its place as a national provider of real employment opportunities and training programs aimed at health, diversity, wellbeing, sport and education. -4.5.

Share this on Facebook. Johnathan Thurston is a strong positive influence and role model, as demonstrated by his long list of accolades, including the 2018 Australian Humanitarian of the Year. I admire the honesty he has in this book and how he even talks about those moments in his life that were embarrassing and he regrets. Johnathan Thurston had an injury-marred 2017 NRL season. Honest. October 18th 2018 I mean ALL including his infectious laugh - Ha! Start by marking “Johnathan Thurston: The Autobiography” as Want to Read: Error rating book.

It is a fantastic insight into how a legend thinks and feels throughout all the highs and lows in his life. His story shows how determination and hard work pay off. Devoured this book. All the best you legend!!! “He was the kid who got told he was too skinny to play rugby league, only to become the state’s most recognisable sports star. , HTML Text Quote Embed with

: Not bad for a great white who initially thought he was a small fish, hey.

The support and commitment of the JT Academy team to the cause has been nothing but overwhelming and greatly appreciated.