“Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead.”― Benjamin Franklin, 4. “Security without liberty is called prison.” ― Benjamin Franklin, 38. If you have an iPhone, you might be interested in this slick Founding Fathers Quotes app. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth - and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts. Teach me and I remember. See more ideas about Founding fathers, Founding fathers quotes, Quotes. My daughter is expecting her first child and I am going to give her a book of quotes from Benjamin Franklin. Thus, having lived under the oppression of King George III of England for what they felt was far too long, they decided to take matters into their own hands. Recent debate and actions within the House of Representatives, frequently quoting Hamilton, gives relevance to the Franklin quote #22 “We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid”. As we remember this important day, below are 10 quotes about character, business, and leadership straight from the Founders themselves. “When you are finished changing, you’re finished.”― Benjamin Franklin. “To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.” – Benjamin Franklin, 26. Our Founding Fathers believed that liberty is difficult to obtain, even more difficult to maintain, and very easy to lose – which is still true to this day. Involve me and I learn." Benjamin Franklin lived a colorful life and left a strong legacy of scientific and political achievements. It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among our opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political & social opposition, who transferred at once to the person the hatred they bore to his political opinions. “To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.” ― Benjamin Franklin, 30. Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy for superstition. May 12, 2019 - Explore My Info's board "founding fathers quotes" on Pinterest. The Founding Fathers left us messages regarding our freedoms, their vision for America, and the responsibilities we have to guard those freedoms and this exceptional vision. “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”― Benjamin Franklin, 13. “For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned.” ― Benjamin Franklin, 45. As one of America’s most influential Founding Fathers, Benjamin Franklin clearly tapped into his Everyday Power, and there are lots of great lessons to be learned from his colorful life and words of wisdom. At the Second Continental Congress they declared, together, the following, stated in our Declaration of Independence, "And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.". “If a man could have half of his wishes, he would double his troubles.” ― Benjamin Franklin, 37. We would love to hear all about it. What a good guide to help raise a child with the common sense and wisdom from this great man. Our only requirement is that you give Ammo.com appropriate credit by linking to the original article. “Without freedom of thought, there can be no such thing as wisdom – and no such thing as public liberty without freedom of speech.” – Benjamin Franklin, 33. Required fields are marked *, 20 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes on Success and Soccer, 30 Jimmy Carter Quotes On Living Our Highest Values, 50 Self-Respect Quotes To Remind You How Much You Matter, 170 Famous Movie Quotes From Your Favorite Characters, 260 Depression Quotes On Mental Health To Help You Feel Understood, 50 Strength Quotes To Remind Us That We Are Indestructable, 155 Mother Daughter Quotes Expressing Unconditional Love, 60 Funny The Office Quotes Worthy of The Dundie Awards, 160 Tupac Quotes on Life, Love, And Being Real That Will Inspire You, 50 Uplifting Quotes For Life’s Tough Moments, 185 Beautiful Quotes on The Natural Beauty of Life, 165 Quotes About Change In Your Life and In The World, 70 Ruth Bader Ginsburg Quotes on Standing for Justice, 50 Lou Holtz Quotes About Sports, Coaching, and More, 60 Inspirational Divorce Quotes to Help You Move On, Mark Twain Quotes About Life, Travel and Love To Inspire You, 50 Stephen King Quotes From His Most Popular Work, 50 Mother's Day Quotes to Show Mom You Care.