Can’t recommend enough. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. This captivating audio collection features all four of the Sold and delivered by Audible, an Amazon company. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 24, 2019. Reviewed in the United States on January 23, 2019. Now, 36 years later, this book has (obviously) withstood the test-of-time, as I just purchased 3 books,-- I am going to give them to 3 little relatives, all boys, that will be having their 1st Birthday within the next few months !! Peter Hawkins, By: This has been a favorite book for generations in my family. Strega Nona's meddling assistant Big Anthony is determined to prove to the townspeople his knowledge of the magic secrets contained in the pasta pot of Strega Nona. Unfortunately, where there are tacos, there is also salsa. Sendak';s classic comic fantasy of Mickey's adventures in the night kitchen tells us how we get our morning cake. Sure, it's a little boy drawn nude but at first I was not sure if this would be okay with the parents of the child receiving this gift. By: There are a couple of nude moments in Mickey's adventure, but nothing sexualized or inappropriate. Maurice Sendak is my all time favorite children’s author and illustrator. By: By: Please review your cart. Axel Scheffler, Narrated by: By: There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Arnold Lobel, Narrated by: Please try again. Cancel online anytime. By: Arnold Lobel. Sherri Duskey Rinker, Narrated by: Maurice Sendak, As Harold draws his way in and out of adventure, children become fascinated by the wondrous magic of the purple crayon, By: Julia Donaldson, and others. The greatest work of fiction -- children's or otherwise -- ever penned and inked. Start a free 30-day trial today and get your first audiobook free. Adam Rubin, By: Would you like us to take another look at this review? Virginia Lee Burton, Narrated by: Get 1 credit every month to exchange for an audiobook of your choice, 22 books to get you out of your reading rut. In the Night Kitchen is an extraordinary work of imaginative genius. Rod Ross, By: Sendaks classic comic fantasy of Mickeys adventures in the night kitchen tells us how we get our morning cake. Children will love this interactive bedtime romp, which puts readers back in the driver’s seat, deflecting Pigeon’s sly trickery as he tries to escape his inevitable bedtime. I loved reading it to him, and he loved listening and looking at the pictures. Be aware that the cartoonish little boy is (harmlessly) drawn naked if that would be offensive to you. It's a dream- it makes no sense. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Audiobooks on Bedtime & Dreaming for Children, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. My kids all love chanting "Milk in the Batter!" How did the audio version get it so wrong? You submitted the following rating and review. Margaret Wise Brown, Narrated by: Sendak's classic comic fantasy of Mickey's adventures in the night kitchen tells us how we get our morning cake. Interesting fact: in some states in America all the copies in librararies and schools were Bowderelised with felt pens to conceal the kids genitals. That's how this book is. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. This book is essentially about a dream, and if you've ever had a dream, which I'm guessing you have, then you know how bizarre your dreams can be. Reviewed in the United States on June 12, 2014. Your display name should be at least 2 characters long. it's just a bit strange. I don't have children and really wasn't sure how this would go over! I remember loving this book as a kid, but when I bought it for my own child and read it I realised it's just really weird. We are currently reviewing your submission. This has been one of my favorite children’s books since I first discovered it in 1972. Where the Wild Things Are, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, Doctor De Soto, & Owl Moon, By: A little rabbit is lulled to sleep surrounded by all that he knows and loves best in the great green room of his house. Sendak's classic comic fantasy of Mickey's adventures in the night kitchen tells us how we get our morning cake. And the number one reason why is the way it delighted and made my 3 yo son belly-laugh when we read it to him. So, I would suggest using your best judgement and checking with the parents before gifting. At last - here from the team behind the beloved international best seller comes a companion to Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site. The title should be at least 4 characters long. The witch and her cat are happily flying through the sky on a broomstick when the wind picks up and blows away the witch's hat, then her bow, and then her wand! Ian Thomson, After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Reviewed in the United States on April 19, 2020. Stream or download thousands of included titles. I'm sure their parents, as well as these little boys, will be delighted with this wonderful and UNIQUE story / illustrations. Virginia Lee Burton. Tomie de Paola, Narrated by: Unable to add item to List. My son was given this book as a gift for his 1st Birthday over 35 years ago. And the others while we bake. In the Night Kitchen Audible Audiobook – Unabridged. Julia Donaldson, Fritz Weaver, By: As soon as I opened the pages, the memories came flooding back! Sendak's classic comic fantasy of Mickey's adventures in the night kitchen tells us how we get our morning cake. By: With just one bite, a wakeful flea atop a pile of sleeping creatures causes a commotion. [Maurice Sendak; Peter Schickele; Angelo Michajlov] -- A little boy's dream fantasy in which he helps three fat bakers get milk for their cake batter. But Mouse has no worry to show. Maurice Sendak, Maurice Sendak, Narrated by: They love chicken tacos, beef tacos, great big tacos, and teeny tiny tacos. Bruce Johnson, By: Lol! Reviewed in the United States on November 24, 2017. Reviewed in the United States on September 9, 2018. The mouse is good enough to eat but smart enough to know this, so he invents...the gruffalo! Fans of the ingenious little monkey will not be disappointed as he embarks on a wild series of adventures in a traveling circus. Narrated by Peter Schickele. In so doing, he unleashes a torrent of pasta which threatens to engulf their little Italian town. Reviewed in the United States on November 25, 2019. A deep, poignant meditation on life, death, and the concept of belonging. I read somewhere that it has been banned from various American libraries due to the nudity of Mickey in some of the pictures. Sherri Duskey Rinker. H.A. Crockett Johnson, Narrated by: Between the fat Hitler characters who want to eat the little boy, and all the little boy nudity (hey at least it teaches anatomy!) Ezra Jack Keats. William Steig, Adam Rubin. Julia Donaldson. on October 20, 2020. i remember giggling at some of the scenes on the pages and you will have to get the book to understand what i mean :-), Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 21, 2020. Esphyr Slobodkina. Wonderful illustrations and dreamlike story. Rey, Narrated by: Okay first of all I absolutely CANNOT believe that some people have complained about the nudity in this book. Ezra Jack Keats, Narrated by: You will get an email reminder before your trial ends. . Peter wanders around his neighborhood enjoying the snowy city weather. At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.