He has worked for, and with, the biggest brands in the industry including Variety, Reuters, E! “A couple of people who have associations with the original production company are trying to put a series together,” he confirmed.

I mean, I got to work with James Caan, the guy who did the first movie I ever cried at when I was 12 years old, Brian’s Song. Also, my daughter plays the widow in the movie, so it was what I needed in many ways, aside from liking the project itself.”, “I liked that intensity of it all. Craig Sheffer has been in relationships with Leigh Taylor-Young (2003 - 2004) and Gabrielle Anwar (1989 - 1996). It was Eastern State University in the movie, and I played at East Stroudsburg University. It was fun, but I’m not going to lie; it was a real challenge. The acting is terrible. His brother was screenwriter Hogan Sheffer. The producers anticipate seeking distribution early in 2019. It celebrates its 30th anniversary this year. Craig Sheffer, Actor: A River Runs Through It. My mother and brother were both very sick, and I left Los Angeles for almost eight years and took care of them,” recalled Craig Sheffer as we discussed his latest project, Widow’s Point. He has an equal fondness for the first film he starred opposite Stoltz, the John Hughes-produced Some Kind of Wonderful. A New York journalist who gets assigned the story of a missing African-American young girl, risks his career and takes the matter into his own hands trying to find her.

I’m a big fan of that movie.”. That was a risk.”, Sheffer added, “I had to take copious notes in between to make sure I knew exactly what I had done right before. However, it’s the sports drama The Program that, like Widow’s Point, he has a personal connection with. I have to watch it every time it comes on. Will believes his wife Rosalind is innocent of their son's suspected murder, only to discover the devastating truth behind her past links her to another unsolved crime.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste 80 minutes of your life watching this! From "Veronica Mars" to Rebecca take a look back at the career of Armie Hammer on and off the screen. Simon has covered everything from red carpets to the Oscars as well as having created, scripted, produced and presented a range of primetime entertainment news shows on major networks. He has worked for, and with, the biggest brands, Simon Thompson is a freelance journalist and producer originally from the UK but now living and working in Los Angeles. Stupidly, I was like, ‘I really don’t want to do a vampire movie.’ Had I not passed on that, maybe I could have ended up being a Scream King.”, “Over the years, my main focus was to try to dramas and establish myself as a dramatic actor, but, of course, Nightbreed was irresistible. Made for $11 million and grossing $8.9 million at the domestic box office, while Nightbreed was not a commercial success, it is cult movie and a favorite among horror fans.

No stranger to the genre, Widow’s Point is Sheffer’s first horror movie in decades. “Believe it or not, the college I went to was ESU.

With Craig Sheffer, KateLynn E. Newberry, Dominic Luongo, Kaelin Lamberson. I played baseball and football there, so it was especially near and dear to my heart. I tried to stick with it but my wife almost became a 'widow' because I could have died of boredom. Was this review helpful to you? “They both now sadly passed away.”, “I loved the script, and I loved that character. Widow's Point I came back here, arrived in Los Angeles the second week in February, and they shut it all down in March. Buy, Rent or Watch Widow's Point and other Movies + TV Shows online. Fox recut the movie, but the film has been recut again to be more in line with the vision. “They were working with Clive on that, but as I know, it hasn’t all come together. One such film is the 1993 sci-fi biopic, Fire in the Sky. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site?

Craig Sheffer was born on April 23, 1960 in York, Pennsylvania, USA as Craig Eric Sheffer. Title: I just thought, ‘Okay, this is about as close as I can get to the Nicholsonian, Jack Torrance-esque breakdown.’ I was delighted that it worked when I saw the cut because we did part of the breakdown in the first two days and the other part of the breakdown in the last week or shooting. It’s something he wished he’d embraced sooner. He is an actor and producer, known for, Clive Barker's Nightbreed TV Show Gets Trick 'r Treat Director Michael Dougherty, Widow’S Point, the new film from acclaimed filmmaker Gregory Lamberson, Dying to Fit In: On Community and Nightbreed, 25 Football Films to Love (Even if You Don't Love Football). Directors playing major roles in other directors’ films, With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept, Deep Currents: Making 'A River Runs Through It', From Russia to Hollywood: The 100-Year Odyssey of Chekhov and Shdanoff, Cloris Leachman/Craig Sheffer/4 Non Blondes, What to Watch if You Miss the "Game of Thrones" Cast. All Rights Reserved, This is a BETA experience. I don’t think anything real has come of it yet, or Clive would have let me know. Also, we got to do three weeks of football camp before the movie started. “On top of all of that, I got great people to work with,” the actor reminisced. Craig Sheffer at New Jersey Horror Con in Atlantic City in October 2019. After the first 10 minutes I knew it would be an awful film. A contract killer becomes the reverend of an LA church until a cult leader and his minions kidnap his daughter. I thought it was done really well.

I was here for a pilot, I was going to do a movie in June, and it all shut down.”. Another favorite of Sheffer’s is the indie drama Sleep with Me, which reunited him with his Some Kind of Wonderful co-star, Eric Stoltz. Download or stream from your Apple TV, Roku, Smart TV, computer or portable device. We went around the country promoting that for a couple of years. As Livingston delves into the lighthouse's terrifying history, he is targeted by powerful supernatural forces. www.thisissimonthompson.com, © 2020 Forbes Media LLC. Thomas Livingston, an author desperate for a hit, spends a weekend locked in a haunted lighthouse as a publicity stunt for his next book. I don’t think Paramount knew what to do with it,” he explained. Craig Sheffer was born on April 23, 1960 in York, Pennsylvania, USA as Craig Eric Sheffer. Sheffer’s career is brimming with gems, some of which are overlooked in favor of films such as A River Runs Through It in which he co-starred with Brad Pitt. A woman thru-hiking an isolated trail runs into trouble when her pack is hijacked by two men hiding out in the woods, desperate and on the run. It was a relatively short shoot, which was ideal because I couldn’t be away from my brother for long, and I had to get someone to care for him. View production, box office, & company info. “The studio didn’t put a lot of money behind it, and I think the structure was problematic for some reviewers. My brother passed away last fall.

A young Londoner scientist, running experiments with his father in a quiet Italian village, has to face consequences for choices he hasn't made yet. Craig Sheffer at New Jersey Horror Con in Atlantic City in October 2019. I was a quarterback and can throw the ball at 70 yards, so I had a blast doing that.”. He …

There I was doing a football movie with him. When a baby is born who inexplicably grows, evolves and ages four years an hour, a strung out nurse smuggles him out of the hospital to show him what life is all about before the authorities and time catch up with them both. Blinded by vengeance, he cuts a bloody path across the city. From the press release: Sheffer plays Thomas Livingston, a down on his luck author who spends a weekend locked in a haunted lighthouse as a publicity stunt to promote his next book. An author who spends a weekend locked in a haunted lighthouse as a publicity stunt for his next book becomes a target for powerful supernatural forces. Craig’s paternal grandfather was Earl H. Shaffer (the son of Harrison M. Shaffer and Anna/Annie M. Lefever). 1 of 1 people found this review helpful. “I enjoyed that character a lot,” the actor mused. He is an actor and producer, known for A River Runs Through It (1992), Some Kind of Wonderful (1987) and Nightbreed (1990). “It’s such a cool, true story. “Earlier in my career, I was kind of a snob,” be confessed. Simon is also currently developing his first feature documentary.