The 19th-century poet Emily Dickinson brilliantly sums up the transformative power of reading. But today, we decided to switch things up a bit! Featured captions: (two gunshots), (gunshot), To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 videoSource: Lincoln, 2012. Featured caption: [Snorts, Groans, Coughs]. Want to find the best Instagram captions? I plan my library like some women plan their dream wedding. Featured caption: (RAINDROPS PATTERING), To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 videoSource: This is 40, 2012. Start a book exchange within your crew. Plan a day of lounging on your favorite pool float or make a super cozy reading nook inside, and dive headfirst into some books. The number is the raw number of NSI captions in that category. All verb forms are counted in the results.

— Alice Hoffman, I always read. DVD. Purchase your copy of Reading Sounds today in paperback or e-book. All I want is peace, love, understanding, and a library bigger than the Grand Canyon. Yep,… DVD. — Charlaine Harris, 44. This supplemental website includes all of the media clips discussed in Reading Sounds (University of Chicago Press, 2015). Reading is a solitary activity, but it's always nice to pass on a rec to friends and followers when you find an amazing book. DVD. They are very poorly timed and nearly unusable. Identifies the medium of communication such as TV, PA, radio, etc. ", 12. Out of a total of six scream captions, four are attributed to women (frames 1-4) and the remaining two are attributed to crowds that include a combination of men, women, and children who are fleeing the alien technology (frames 5-6). When I read the section about shark's teeth I said, "Do you see how the caption usually has to do with what the section is talking about? "I decided to treat my shelf this summer. "I'm that kid who read everything on the summer reading list. She’s dead…”, To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 videoSource: Oblivion, 2013. DVD. If you think reading is boring, you’re doing it wrong.

Featured caption: [LAUGHS AND SPEAKS IN ZULU], To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 videoSource: District 9, 2009. A frame from Man of Steel shows a school bus driver with pursed lips wearing a baseball cap and gripping the steering wheel in concentration. DVD. Featured caption: “I fell into a ring of fire”, To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 videoSource: Inception, 2009. Books Are Mirrors; You Only See in Them What You Already Have Inside You. The pattern – seven sound effects captions, two music captions, and four additional sound effects captions – stands out against a background of coded randomness. Featured caption: [SPEAKING IN ALIEN LANGUAGE AS WIKUS GRUNTS], To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 videoSource: , 2012.